It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Everyone watched the same speech, yet the liberal media are all spinning the same line, as if they are following instructions - trying to say that Trump painted a dark picture of the country, etc.

Truth is, things are dark right now. Of course, next week, the DNC convention will portray the world as rainbows and unicorns, and the liberal media will eat it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The vast difference in what I watched versus the characterizations last night and this morning by media and pundits...there are not words.

It's unbelievable to me that stating some obvious truths in this country is now considered dangerous.. Sure, we can disagree how to fix it but I don't see how some cannot at least acknowledge that a # ton of people agree with Trump so, he can't be totally off his rocker.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Quote me rather than desperately trying to use me as a rhetorical device.

Seriously, this is the best you folks can do to respond to the obvious facts and Trump's notorious lies?

This is going to be a cakewalk.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wonder if he will ever release his tax returns. And if it turns out he is the biggest cheat ever, will it even matter, since our standards of decency have deteriorated. "We will be the country of law and order". I wonder if that will apply to him too.

Donald, RELEASE your tax returns!

'Standards of decency'...... I'm sure Hillary and Bill can lecture us on that.

Donald Hillary, RELEASE your tax returns transcripts of your paid Wall St. speeches!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Police are Safer Under Obama Than They Have Been in Decades - The Washington Post

Data from the Officers Down Memorial Page, which tracks law enforcement officer fatalities in real time, illustrates the point. During the Reagan years, for instance, an average of 101 police officers were intentionally killed each year. Under George H.W. Bush that number fell to 90. It fell further, to 81 deaths per year, under Bill Clinton, and to 72 deaths per year under George W. Bush.

Under Obama, the average number of police intentionally killed each year has fallen to its lowest level yet — an average of 62 deaths annually through 2015. If you include the 2016 police officer shootings year-to-date and project it out to a full year, that average of 62 deaths doesn't change.

But yes, this is only a fact ... keep whining about "the liberal media."

Why go back the entire way to Reagan? The argument that Trump is making is that since Obama has been bushing his divisive rhetoric and the rise of groups like BLM which started to sureg after the Mike Brown shooting in 2014, police killings are up. Yes, all crime was going down every year regardless of the president until these past couple years with Obama. Not only are police killings up since the MIke Brown shooting, but so are murders in the top 50 biggest cities.

I question the source you are using. It says that if you look at shootings of police, they are only up 44 percent. But the same cite they source, the www.odmp.org... shows that police being shot are up 82% this year.

Lastly, I am glad statistics are all the sudden important to you and other liberal people. When talking about cops shooting blacks and how low those numbers actually are, or how high the violent crime statistics are in the black community, you seem to ignore these facts.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
I wonder if he will ever release his tax returns. And if it turns out he is the biggest cheat ever, will it even matter, since our standards of decency have deteriorated. "We will be the country of law and order". I wonder if that will apply to him too.

Donald, RELEASE your tax returns!

I don't understand the importance of this;

To be clear I will be voting third party and so I am not a Trump supporter ... but that said and if Trump did release his tax returns and it did show that he cheated on his taxes ... what would it matter?

don't get me wrong I know why its not a "good thing"; but he has already admitted that the system is rigged so that he can do things like 'cheat on his taxes' and he has already admitted that he has used that rigged system to his own and his companies advantage. He's already made a clear distintion between himself and the "little people" and at know time has he ever said "I am one of you". His hole message has been that he's one of the big people, that has taken advantage of all the corruption in the government and that only from that position could he help the little people who he now wants to be the champion of.

Now you can decided to believe he is sincere or not in the above. But its quite obvious from his own admission that is a man who “would” cheat on his taxes if it gave him an advantage; he doesn’t need to release his tax returns for you to know that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Garry Kasparov on Twitter

I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian.

lololofl

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Is someone on the left really going to try to lecture people about LIES?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Well as the Left is about to be led by the mother of all liars you may know a thing or two about lies.

"What difference at this point does it make? "

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Quote me rather than desperately trying to use me as a rhetorical device.

Seriously, this is the best you folks can do to respond to the obvious facts and Trump's notorious lies?

This is going to be a cakewalk.

Sure I will quote you. You said on this thread last night:

Not if we keep sending up more Rats every four years.

A politician is a politician is a politician. They all want power. I thought, at least, that basic fact was understood here.

Seems I was wrong.

Then on the last page you posted how great the economy is under Obama, and how he tried to help the infrastructure but was blocked by congress, and how a Russian guy thinks Trump is a fascist. This is just on the last page alone.

So why go through all of the effort showing how great things are under Obama. I mean, he is just out for personal power like any other politician, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And another ...

Obama Calls for Infrastructure Spending — for the Fifth Time in Five Years

During its election-year review of the president's campaign promises, Politifact labelled the infrastructure bank a "broken promise". Though that's not Obama's fault. It's Congress's fault. Only Congress can approve the creation of such an entity, much less authorize $21 billion in spending. And besides one fit of generosity in 2009, they've been reticent to do so since.

2009?

Was that the shovel ready jobs that cost almost $1 trillion?

Whatever happened to all them ditches?

Obama wanted $21 billion more? lol!

And what lie did he say about the taxes? you only showed a chart.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well that was a mouthful. I want to see how much of a hypocrite he is. Is that ok with you?
If he's not, then I want to see that too. So much time has passed anyway, people are forgetting that he seems to have blown it off. He's had time to have a staff of 10 working around the clock to clean it all up.

Presidential candidates have alwasys done this. Again, he has made himself an exception to rules. You do know what category that fits into? Entitlement? Rules are for other people?

It's more telling than just dollar figures.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It appears to me that the more effective the message, the harder people fight against it.

If that is the case, then Trump's message/speech last night was very affective.

The leftists and new authoritarians are having absolute fits!

I look forward to the message Hillary sends next week.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Presidential candidates have alwasys done this. Again, he has made himself an exception to rules. You do know what category that fits into? Entitlement? Rules are for other people?

Really? And this makes HIM entitled? What about the lady that just slid on a prison term....that you or I would be serving?????

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

What does your reply have to do with my question? There are plenty of thread to bash HRC.

Why hasn't Donald released his tax returns? We all know the "I'm being audited" is a bogus excuse.
Don't you wonder if he is hiding something? If he is above board, don't you want to know that?

And just so you'll know, HRC has not "slid on a prison term". That is absolutely ludicrous.

edit on 7/22/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As far as the economic argument goes, everyone seems to agree that the economy is not doing very well (except for Wall St.). Many people argue that the economy is better now than when Obama took over, and that is true (although I and others feel that we are on the verge of another recession).

The point is, the economy still is fairly stagnate. I agree that W. Bush was horrible, but Trumps economic plans seems to be quite different than W. Bush's though, so the point seems moot. HIllary's economic plan is the continue Obama's plans, which just like W. Bush, has been good for the elite, but terrible for the middle and lower class. If things are so great, why was Bernie getting so much support talking about the corrupt elite siphoning all of the money?

As far as the tax rate, as BlueAjah showed different charts say different things. The corporate tax rate in the US is I think third highest in the world, and Trump seemed to be focusing on lowering taxes for businesses to bring them back home.

You keep claiming all of this speech was fascism and lies. Again I will ask you, when he is speaking against nation building, is that fascism? As far as the lies please post what Donald said and how that was a lie. So far, you may have a point on the tax rate, but that is it. Here is a thread where I took the daily beasts article about all of the lies and disproved them one by one www.abovetopsecret.com...

Would you care to respond to this, or are you content to just keep repeating the word fascism over and over?

link   
a reply to: Martin75

just a thought...

perhaps she did not "slide" on a prison term but that she was not guilty?

And the conservative media has the agenda to fill peoples brains that she is and that she did indeed "slide"?

in this case the media is the enemy, do not let them tell you what to think.

edit on 22-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

link   

Stating facts about the economy that put the lies to the absurdities in Trumps speech is NOT praising Obama ... How utterly specious. This is the best you've got?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Are you ... Kidding??? So the measure of truth is going to be the number of people who seem to believe the lies now?

There are no words.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

What difference at this point does it make?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

well, a lot.

There is a lot of negative energy and hatefulness happing in the US bc of what the media is trying to make you think.

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join