It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

But - not even some conservatives. I have never seen anything like it.

Maybe it's just pent up anticipation or frustration, since it was a long speech, capping off a long week? I am seriously rubbernecking all the channels and can't even believe the disparity.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
This sums it up:

Excellent. Job done then. Just the DNC to be ended now and the cleansing of the Washington sewer can begin.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity
I guarantee you they won't be taking a vacation every couple of months with their entourage and friends costing tax payers HUNDREDS of millions of dollars!

No, he will be doing that weekly!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Never understood how that would work. oh, speeches, I guess.

Speeches and Foundations.

One gets you fees, the other lets you keep those fees non-taxed and hidden.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What we witnessed tonite was the rebirth of the Republican party.

Equal pay,Equal rights, Equal justice REGARDLESS of skin color, or creed.

Those who WERE listening know this.

The usual suspects were calling it 'fascism'.
edit on 21-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: MysticPearl

But - not even some conservatives. I have never seen anything like it.

Maybe it's just pent up anticipation or frustration, since it was a long speech, capping off a long week? I am seriously rubbernecking all the channels and can't even believe the disparity.

I expect Fox to be calm.

But the other channels the conservatives are calm and matter of fact while most liberals are either throwing a tantrum of asking some pretty ridiculous questions and scrambling to make sense of what they saw.

What we saw isn't unexpected though. I mean, where have they been?

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's great, this is the birth of something much better.

A Phoenix rising from the ashes!

link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

This sums it up:

We can only hope that more children of the establishment chime in similarly next week...

It's a good start

Ever hear "We Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who?

Yeah. That's about the size of all the "non-establishment" tripe.

Trump is different than every other Presidential hopeful in history, right?

Boggles the mind.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
CNN is basically professional SJW's throwing a tantrum because their usual insults have been proven not to work.

They have nothing left but erroneous accusations of divisiveness, not liking his tone and not laying out "facts" during an acceptance speech, as if they don't even know what an acceptance speech is.

That is exactly what they were acting like. Even went into full uncontrollable fit mode.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

This sums it up:

Excellent. Job done then. Just the DNC to be ended now and the cleansing of the Washington sewer can begin.

Not if we keep sending up more Rats every four years.

A politician is a politician is a politician. They all want power. I thought, at least, that basic fact was understood here.

Seems I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Wait....

So Trump went on and on and on about fighting for all Americans, working for all Americans, fixing the economy and improving safety for all Americans, improving education for all Americans, . . .

Did he say how?

yes he did. If you were watching you would know.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, a week of trashing Hillary capped off by a great speech by Trump.

Next week?

A week of trashing Trump capped off by a great speech by Hillary.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Oh, considering where we were at the start, it's definitely better. Considering he governed as a moderate Republican, I wish it were different. Considering he had no help from Congress and a Supreme Court Citizens United ruling, the best he could do.

It will take a couple generations to fix the structural problems. It's a different world out there today. If we don't learn to find our place in the globalized world, what we do here won't matter anymore.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Flipping thru the channels and it's clear the conservatives are far more in control of their emotions than the liberals.

Mostly calm, cool and collected.

And Paul Manafort has to keep correcting Wolf's idiocy. Wolf is either a 100% corporate plant or he simply hasn't listened to anything Trump has said.

Watch the meatballs Frank Luntz is talking to.

and catch this one.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

CNN is basically professional SJW's throwing a tantrum because their usual insults have been proven not to work.

They have nothing left but erroneous accusations of divisiveness, not liking his tone and not laying out "facts" during an acceptance speech, as if they don't even know what an acceptance speech is.

This is why I watched online instead. But an acceptance speech is about vision of the way he sees things nit facts. Facts come later in further speeches and campaign releases. This Is all about what does Trump want to acomplish in office and what he sees as the future that is the acceptance speech. Me personally I think watching without network drivel I'd say he said some scary things and some good things. Scary was when he said he wad going to reappointed judges people in charge of law enforcement. Not sure I like that idea tou could look at it like he's going to make the rules. The good point he talked about he would be the voice if the people against the elites and the politicians.

So I guess I'm not sure yet and need him to clarify what his plans are exactly which hopefully he will start his message now.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: Annee

Wait....

So Trump went on and on and on about fighting for all Americans, working for all Americans, fixing the economy and improving safety for all Americans, improving education for all Americans, . . .

Did he say how?

yes he did. If you were watching you would know.

I read transcripts so I'm not affected by emotions, speech inflections, cheering crowds, etc.

Hell, it took me 10 years to see the Exorcist waiting for the hype to go away.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Lol @ CNN's totally partisan "focus group".

Not a big fan of Faux News but at least it's somewhat bearable.

Live Stream

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Shoot, all over.

ATS just got hung up on me for several minutes.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

This sums it up:

We can only hope that more children of the establishment chime in similarly next week...

It's a good start

It's hard to not wonder sometimes if Trump is TPTB chosen one ? Surely the establishment can't be that dense and out of touch with the people, that they can't see there dismissal of trump as an endorsement for him?.

Me thinks they are that out of touch with the people.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sometimes , instead of sticking your toe in the water, it's better to just dive right in.

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join