It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*****Republican National Convention thread. Let the games begin.*****

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
, but I don't think that I have ever met somebody that dove headfirst into unknown water .

Well then consider us introduced. 5 miles into the Gulf of Mexico @ 1:33 AM summer 2007 after two hours of drinking. Its so peaceful, but so so dark. Just don't try seeing how far down you can float. Although 25 feet seems shallow, you still have to go back up. Thats really not how you want to go out. I sure as hell did not try it. I was just the first to jump in to help the young ladies feel a bit more reassured. Oh, being 21 was fun. Then again, I would still do it today.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The 2:00am CNN panel is now fearful that an "Authoritarian Family DYNASTY" will be running the country if Donald Trump wins in November.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

wow.
The irony.
Dynasty? Seriously?
The CLINTONS are trying to create a Dynasty.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
So, scanning the headlines this morning, and no surprises.

Everyone watched the same speech, yet the liberal media are all spinning the same line, as if they are following instructions - trying to say that Trump painted a dark picture of the country, etc.

They are seriously not getting it. The elite live in their Ivory towers and they are not seeing what the rest of us see. Or, they just won't admit it, because that would be admitting that their decisions for the last 8 years have been a disaster.

This country IS heading down a dark path. Trump sees it and he says it like it is. No sugar-coating.

I have hope now that the path of this country can change for the better.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I see that you're not one of the faithful I was responding to here, by and large.

Yes, the "difference" offered to us in November is like being told we can either eat feces or feces with ground glass.

Same as it ever was.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I wonder if he will ever release his tax returns. And if it turns out he is the biggest cheat ever, will it even matter, since our standards of decency have deteriorated. "We will be the country of law and order". I wonder if that will apply to him too.

Donald, RELEASE your tax returns!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

They get it, trust me.

But, they are just doing what they are paid for; meaning they just put their name of a article they got from hillary's administration.

Journalism is long dead

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Police are Safer Under Obama Than They Have Been in Decades - The Washington Post

Data from the Officers Down Memorial Page, which tracks law enforcement officer fatalities in real time, illustrates the point. During the Reagan years, for instance, an average of 101 police officers were intentionally killed each year. Under George H.W. Bush that number fell to 90. It fell further, to 81 deaths per year, under Bill Clinton, and to 72 deaths per year under George W. Bush.

Under Obama, the average number of police intentionally killed each year has fallen to its lowest level yet — an average of 62 deaths annually through 2015. If you include the 2016 police officer shootings year-to-date and project it out to a full year, that average of 62 deaths doesn't change.

But yes, this is only a fact ... keep whining about "the liberal media."
edit on 22-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Garry Kasparov on Twitter

I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Everyone watched the same speech, yet the liberal media are all spinning the same line, as if they are following instructions - trying to say that Trump painted a dark picture of the country, etc.

How dare the Liberal Media say that!

This country IS heading down a dark path. Trump sees it and he says it like it is. No sugar-coating.

So what you're saying is that they are telling the truth: Trump was painting a dark picture and his minions are loving it. Don't worry. Putin Trump will save you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

How many of them live in DC? To the ones who do things are awesome. If you live in DC and countries around it, the average income is in 6 digits. There is no dark outlook there.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Which country have you been living in?

Things are wonderful where you are at?

You been getting better in your circumstances year over year?

Have you been watching your area thrive in a general manner or crumble slowly?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Dow Closes at 7th Straight Record High - July 20th, 2016

U.S. stocks closed at record highs after trading within a narrow range Wednesday, buoyed by a surge in tech stocks after a flurry of corporate earnings beat lowered expectations.

US Existing Home Sales Rise to Highest Point in Nearly a Decade - WSJ

WASHINGTON—Sales of previously owned homes rose to their strongest pace in nearly a decade in June, buoyed by low mortgage rates and an improving economy. The pace of existing home sales increased 1.1% last month from May to a seasonally adjusted rate of 5.57 million, the National Association of Realtors said Thursday. That puts them at their highest level since February 2007.

OECD Economic Surveys: United States - June 2016: American Productivity above Pre-Crisis Peak by 10%

Seven years after the financial crisis, the US economy has rebounded: output has surpassed it's pre-crisis peak by 10%;, robust private sector employment gains have sharply reduced unemployment, fiscal sustainability has been largely restored and corporate profits are high.

But that's all "just the liberal media" right? Like Murdoch's Wall Street Journal???

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, yes, and our unemployment is really at 5% *wink, wink*.

It's like the Bush economy where no one knew anyone who really had it bad but the news media kept saying it was horrible so it must be bad for other people out there somewhere ...

This time we all know we are barely hanging on and we know people who are worse off than we are, but things are AWESOME because the news media keeps saying so, so somebody out there must be having a GREAT time ...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I also note that you guys are perfectly fine with Wall Street and indications of people making money off of it when you can use it to try to make your point that

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Typically, you don't counter with information or evidence or facts or anything except someone else's buffoonery.

(The Lego Movie Ketz? REALLY? Even for you, that's scraping the bottom.)

Funny, every economic measure (that Righties have endlessly touted in the past) shows that we are doing better than we were 8 years ago ... and you want us to believe this doom-and-gloom BS that Mr. Trump is trying to sell?

Sorry, the public has gotten a bit more canny than that since the 1930's; this fascist garbage is not going to work this time. You keep practicing that salute though.

/retch

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Disputing Yet Another Trump lie:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
And another ...

Obama Calls for Infrastructure Spending — for the Fifth Time in Five Years

During its election-year review of the president's campaign promises, Politifact labelled the infrastructure bank a "broken promise". Though that's not Obama's fault. It's Congress's fault. Only Congress can approve the creation of such an entity, much less authorize $21 billion in spending. And besides one fit of generosity in 2009, they've been reticent to do so since.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Another source you can look at:

home.kpmg.com...

I recommend using the dates 2015 - 2016, then tweak the various options to compare United States to the European average, for both Individual and Corporate tax rates.

(example: near the bottom, select "North America, check United States.... etc)

Every which way I do it, the US has an extremely high corporate tax rate, and individual are also near or at the top end.
In 2016, Europe individual went up slightly compared to 2015, but I suspect the EU might have something to do with that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: JacKatMtn

I see that you're not one of the faithful I was responding to here, by and large.

Yes, the "difference" offered to us in November is like being told we can either eat feces or feces with ground glass.

Same as it ever was.
But wait, aren't you the one who constantly keeps posting about how great things are under Obama? I am confused. On one hand, you say there is no difference between any politicians and that they will all do the same thing. On the other hand, you keep praising how great the world is under Obama. Which one is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join