It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I wonder what protesting he's speaking about..........hmmmm, I guess we can all play dumb. Gee, I dunno Wally, it's sure a perplexing thing!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: misguided

According to the police, all the four suspects were planning to kill policemen in Louisiana city after the shooting of Alton Sterling on 5 July by Baton Rouge police. Malik Bridgewater, 20, a 17-year-old as well and a 13-year-old were the other three arrested earlier on similar charges.

Including the twelve year old that makes essentially 4 kids who were involved in that theft and plot to kill LEOs....

I certainly hope that our kids aren't falling for the hate that the so called adults are spewing....

How can we blame them, when the adults have some growing up to do?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

MLK's dream is conservative.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I will read your thoughts on these issues, I'm sure there is merit.

I'm distraught now. I have been all day.

But, there will be no civil war. And if there was? I don't know what side I would fight on to be honest with you.

'night.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

We can hope you're right, but I would have thought Dallas would have been that moment. Instead ... here we are, aren't we?

I'm sure no one thought anyone would actually fight over Sumter either or that the South would actually secede, too.

I bet everyone also thought that Hitler would stop taking territory after every country he invaded ...

But we know how it turned out.

Now, I'm not saying we won't pull back, but I am saying that there is nothing aside from your hope that says it has to happen. Right now, all bets are off. It could go either way ... and we have two political conventions coming up.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Certain members on this site are using this tragedy to push a political narrative.

The police getting shot down in the streets of America is a political narrative instead of words being used.

BULLETS are.

Guess which argument FAILS ?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Dig!

I'll fight for the side that isn't bent on divisive social group bigotry. The side that sees people as individuals that all have the same rights. Only that side.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

No, I didn't.

I was pointing out that you contradicted yourself. MLK's dream was born of classical liberalism (i.e. conservative) ideological underpinnings. The idea of the meritocracy.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dig!

I'll fight for the side that isn't bent on divisive social group bigotry. The side that sees people as individuals that all have the same rights. Only that side.

Dig! Oh, and ditto.
edit on 7/17/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: added ditto. : )

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If judging people by the content of their character instead of their social group status is too radical or whatever for you, we'll never agree, and in the long run, short of totalitarianism: you will lose or the US will be invaded & occupied or the human species will be extinct.
edit on 17-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Public Service Announcement Rerun

STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!
Please discuss the unfolding events.
That needs to be done withOUT rudeness, baiting, bickering and otherwise ill-mannered posts....You are responsible for your own posts.
Those who continue down the path of derailment may face posting bans.

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

IOW....Be the Change You Wish To See

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't think she is disagreeing with you.. She's saying that the idealogy of MLK is in line with classic conservitism. She's refuting your call to remove the republican party.

Personally I don't care what we call it/them(political parties) as long as it/they involve common sense. There is very little of that right now.

edit on 17-7-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I had faith, but I never thought I'd be willing to see people carry out mass murders over skin color, either. Not and have it be something more than an isolated fringe thing.

You will always have racists and bigots. It's just human nature that there will always be THOSE people who will find some stupid reason to hate another group of humans, but I used to think that was going to remain a sort of fringe thing.

Now ... I'm kind of watching a slow motion train wreck.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I think you meant " living to see" not " willing"

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
No coincidence that all this is happening with the full moon cardinal cross happening july 19th at the same time as the convention.

yes, it sure is.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

TextOnly Black Lives Matter

'Only black lives matter' I see the 'Only' and it lets me know what type of human you are ,it is 'Blacks lives Matter' i don't think they ever used the word only.

TextThose people...the ones who don't respect the law...they deserve to be shot

I agree 100%, maybe the cops didn't respect the rules or did something in the past that god said enough is enough,maybe they didn't follow God's law.

And your BS making it sound like the police have a problem when the truth is that black America is the problem does nothing but feed the lie and cause innocent, law enforcement personnel to be injured or killed.

I am too young to argue with the 70s on down generation, it is embarrassing and disheartening to witness or talk to Gods mistakes, especially the humans that think some one deserves to be shot.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

TextOnly Black Lives Matter

'Only black lives matter' I see the 'Only' and it lets me know what type of human you are ,it is 'Blacks lives Matter' i don't think they ever used the word only.

TextThose people...the ones who don't respect the law...they deserve to be shot

I agree 100%, maybe the cops didn't respect the rules or did something in the past that god said enough is enough,maybe they didn't follow God's law.

And your BS making it sound like the police have a problem when the truth is that black America is the problem does nothing but feed the lie and cause innocent, law enforcement personnel to be injured or killed.

I am too young to argue with the 70s on down generation, it is embarrassing and disheartening to witness or talk to Gods mistakes, especially the humans that think some one deserves to be shot.

You can act as insulting as you wish...I've got thick skin. But the truth is this. There is no "racism" for the most part. Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another. I haven't seen that mentallity in many decades (one of those benefits of being older). What we see now is something completely different that the younger generation has some kind of problem understanding.

Lets start with forgetting classic racism...it doesn't exist. What we have today is people looking at the world and watching the news from (lets say) a blank slate.

1. A cop shoots a young black male claiming he was charged and the youth fought with him to get his gun. The boy died.
2. The black community decides to riot, loot, steal and cause property damage for multiple days.
3. In a court of law, the cop is found innocent and apparently acted accordingly.
4. More black riots, stealing, etc.
5. Regardless that the white cop was found innocent, his life and career is gone.

Now repeat that a few times. Every once in a while...a great while...there is a bad cop. But now we have BLM supporters ambushing police (both white and black) and killing them. For what? For what a cop did that was legal, appropriate?

Now repeat that in different states even. Black people protesting "hands up don't shoot" which never happened. BLM marching calling for "dead cops" and then some black people deciding to act upon that hate speech. You got dead cops that were innocent of any crime...completely unassociated with the reason (which didn't exist to begin with) BLM was bitching about. But they keep marching...they are bringing guns to the GOP convention, Obama continues blaming the cops and inviting BLM to the White House.

So surprise, surprise...the cops and the white, law-abiding citizens look at these BLM, black people and realize they are bad people. Cops are nervous when approaching a car with a black person which can lead to mistakes. Cops who did nothing to deserve it are being killed by black people...and black people only as related to this.

Now...guess what? Cops, white people and law-abiding citizens look...see a black person and make a logical, factual determination...this person may pose a danger to my life.

That is where we are...we are here because of the actions of certain black people and groups and therefore...ready for this...it is really simple to figure out. IT IS THEIR FAULT! THEY killed innocent cops, THEY committed rioting and crimes, THEY ignored that the cause of their attitude was wrong and...THEY CONTINUE DOING ALL THAT TODAY!

That is where the problem is. That is where it has to be solved. White people and cops CAN'T DO ANYTHING to fix this. The people that CAUSED this need to stop and fix THEIR problem. All the white people and cops can do is wait and protect themselves.

So...no racism. Just logical, common sense reactions to what has happened and a fear of danger. So yes...when I hear a cop was shot or a shooter is picking off people from a building...my first thought and the common sense thought of anyone watching the news is "I bet he is black".

That isn't racism. That is logic.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
martial law comming to a town near you.
a reply to: Shamrock6

new topics

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join