It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple officers down in Baton Rouge - CONFIRMED

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: diggindirt

Funny. You'd think the judge would've mentioned that at some point in her ruling.

Or that it would've counted as substantive evidence during the civil suit.

Yet neither happened.

She threw out the case. She didn't have to make a laundry list of why she did it, she gave a reason---

“The government’s case is built largely of circumstantial evidence,” Judge Roberts wrote in her ruling. “While this evidence could certainly lead a rational fact-finder to conclude that ‘something fishy’ was going on, it does not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that defendants reached a concrete agreement to forcibly oppose the United States government.”

(From your link)

If you are really interested, I'm sure the transcript is still online somewhere.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
True, it appears that the police were arriving as she was making the video. When I watched it, it made me wonder if she might have the one who called police---just a thought, not trying to say she was. At one point she described him as looking like a ninja. The pattern of the shots seems to match that of the other video featured on several networks but shot from a different location. Just this morning I heard a report on tv that the shooter had been spotted in some security videos earlier in the week, suggesting that he was checking out the area well before the incident. Sorry I don't have a link, it was on tv in a local restaurant while we were having breakfast, one of msm channels.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I heard that being in the Marines for 5 years...he was never deployed to a combat zone.
Is this uncommon?

These records state that Long deployed once to Iraq from June 2008 to January 2009 and did not experience direct ground combat. He was assigned to units in Miramar, Calif., and Okinawa, Japan, during his military career.

www.tylerpaper.com...
edit on 18-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Things are heating up with the music industry scandal. There are deep infiltrant roots in the USA. Tons of dissemination, misdirections, etc. cops are protesting major hip hop artists, you know.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Foreign nations misleading events to distract from coup.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Any find it odd that he was using an Israeli Defense Forces Assault Rifle? TAVOR

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I missed a substantial portion of today's media briefing but the points I caught were:

They believe the shooter was the only shooter, but are still investigating whether he had assistance or not.

They do not believe an accomplice made the 911 call.

The shooter walked past several civilians, more than once, without engaging them. They believe he was specifically looking for and targeting law enforcement.

One of the BRPD officers engaged the shooter and was struck by gunfire, then retreated behind a building where a BRSD deputy was taking cover. The officer collapsed and began crawling towards the deputy, who left cover to attempt to rescue the downed officer. At that point the shooter rounded the corner, shooting and killing the deputy. The shooter then executed the downed officer, and then continued to engage additional LE units.

It appears that SWAT officers arrived at some point and engaged the shooter, and eventually killed him. The chief and sheriff both credit SWAT officers with saving the lives of at least two other officers by taking on the shooter when they did.

Will update as I find more.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I watched some of it. It seemed to me they had this one shooter covering a rather large area with superhuman abilities, apparently being able to see through walls and jumping over walls to strategically target officers clear on the other side of the complex.

I don't know. I give up trying to reckon the truth with what we're told. It all boils to "need to know" and the public needs to be placated, not informed on the truth.

We can't handle the truth!

edit on 18-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The sheriff explained where the shooter was at several points. He moved his car at least once. Walked from one side of the area to the other, moved his car around to the other side, then moved back across the area.

Not sure what's superhuman about walking from one side of a parking lot to another. From where he killed the two officers, he would've been able to see where the third officer that was killed was hiding.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
So 8 shot and 3 dead?

If this was BLM sympathizers (it was) they really need to get a freaking grip. Setting back race relations 50 years in a few months not to mention getting cops understandably jumpy around lack people.

This is to everyone, not just BLM. Stop f-fing killing people you f-ing f-s.
It's confirmed he has no ties to BLM

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Did you miss the part where he jumped over the wall? How did he know ahead of time where the officers would be, and know to go to those places?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

He was shooting and moving. I wasn't privy to what was on his mind, so I don't know what made him decide to jump a wall, or move his car, or walk one direction instead of another.

Two of the three officers killed were killed almost next to each other, and he was following one of them after they exchanged shots. I would presume if he exchanged shots with one of them, he knew where he was and which direction he had moved in, and followed accordingly.

ETA - after watching the first 25 minutes of the briefing, I'm not sure where your confusion lies. They explained exactly why, and when, he moved his car. And exactly why he went back across the parking lot. And exactly why he went down the side of the beauty parlor, and then behind it and over the wall, and then exactly why he engaged the deputy by his (the shooter) own vehicle.
edit on 18-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yep, I saw it. Sorry, but the scenario stinks, in my opinion. But since we'll never know the truth, either one of us, it's not worth arguing over.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yep, I saw it. Sorry, but the scenario stinks, in my opinion. But since we'll never know the truth, either one of us, it's not worth arguing over.

The only part that stinks is that a coward killed multiple cops and wounded multiple others.

Which parts of this are making your "awakened false flag TPTB are hiding the truth" senses tingle or is just the default answer by some here that every event that happens is scripted?

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I never said "false flag". Since you've come in the tail end of the discussion, I'll repeat myself:

Early in the reporting frenzy, I read on the Huffington Post that the original 911 caller stated that there were two armed men shooting at each other in a parking lot.

Then that story just disappeared?????

If there was a previous gun fight, to which the police were responding, then the second man is in the wind, and/or the police don't want him to know they're looking for him.

The Huffington Post made it clear in their reporting, and still holds the page's headline claiming that police were not lured into a trap. But that's what the police are now claiming.

(To sum up some of my posts)

I think this was a two man operation. Like I said, we'll never know the truth, nor is it that important for an arm chair warrior such as myself. It's not worth getting feathers ruffled over.

edit on 18-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I missed a substantial portion of today's media briefing but the points I caught were:

They believe the shooter was the only shooter, but are still investigating whether he had assistance or not.

They do not believe an accomplice made the 911 call.

The shooter walked past several civilians, more than once, without engaging them. They believe he was specifically looking for and targeting law enforcement.

One of the BRPD officers engaged the shooter and was struck by gunfire, then retreated behind a building where a BRSD deputy was taking cover. The officer collapsed and began crawling towards the deputy, who left cover to attempt to rescue the downed officer. At that point the shooter rounded the corner, shooting and killing the deputy. The shooter then executed the downed officer, and then continued to engage additional LE units.

It appears that SWAT officers arrived at some point and engaged the shooter, and eventually killed him. The chief and sheriff both credit SWAT officers with saving the lives of at least two other officers by taking on the shooter when they did.

Will update as I find more.

The cop-killer was taken down with one beautiful long-distance shot (110 yards?)...taken through a break in two buildings.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
These shooters are such idiots. Shooting during the day time. Not using silencers which could be made with 150 dollar welding kit from Walmart.

Daytime gives police snipers an advantage. Non-silenced weapons lets people know exactly where you are.

Who was that guy that shot from the back on his trunk? Now that was some intelligence.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well there's video.

I don't know what stinks to you. He parked his car, checked out a parked police unit. Saw another unit cleaning his car out, moved his car. That unit left, he saw officers responding to the man with a gun call and moved to engage them. After killing all three of them and wounding another he made his way back to his own vehicle, where he wounded yet another deputy before finally being killed. Why you think that course of action stinks is, frankly, preposterous. He was moving across a parking lot. Law enforcement was arriving via the highway in front of the gas station, with sirens going.

I'm not sure why you think it's fishy that he knew where officers were when at least four of the units were plainly visible, and audible, to him unless he had his eyes closed and ears plugged. Asking the question of how he knew where they were when he's in the parking lot they're all driving in to is mind boggling. As to how he knew there was a deputy by his car? I don't expect he did, but I don't know why it's fishy that after killing three cops and wounding another he would make his way back to his own vehicle. Oh there's a cop at my car, lemme shoot him too.

Really, really don't know how that's fishy to you.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Early in the event law enforcement themselves were saying three shooters.

The media can claim whatever they want, and they don't have to provide a shred of evidence to back it up. I don't know why conspiracy theories seize on confusion in the early moments of an event as evidence of anything other than confusion.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46 >>

join