It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

That's funny. He did win the primaries with that campaign director.

Do you have personal knowledge of personnel choices he have made that were not good choices?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

These guys haven't a clue. Anymore than trump.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Do you know how much that moved me? Not one bit. America was built on innovation and hard work. Figure it out on your own. These people that want to keep government out of their lives seem damn open to government fixing their problems. I have no sympathy because my region was decimated 30 years ago for the good of my county. I hung on for a bit and then moved to a more economically viable area and started a business. It worked. Whining is an option too though.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I was responding to a question.

I know that it is hopeless to change the minds of those who have decided to not open their eyes to what is really happening in this country, and have given up hope to change it.
Resignation is a very sad thing.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: intrepid

I was responding to a question.

I know that it is hopeless to change the minds of those who have decided to not open their eyes to what is really happening in this country, and have given up hope to change it.

Yes. But I still try.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

It is...but there's still time BlueAjah

:-)

Gotta hand it to you - you are single minded. No matter what kind of lemons come out of the Trump machine - you manage to turn them into Trumpade

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The thing is, most of the lemons are manufactured lies and distortions intended to make him look bad.
No, he's not perfect.
But we are not hiring a friend to hang out with, we are hiring someone to fix this country.

Did you see my answer to your question regarding Why Trump?
edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: missed a word

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

The bigger the field the fewer votes are needed to win.
Let's use 100 voters as a base.
With 16 candidates if it's evenly distributed you could win with as few as seven votes.
With only two you need over 50 to win.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Have read lots lately (hard to avoid unless you avoid the internet) about how things have to get worse before they get better - and that we're well on our way

If we can't go under, over or around - maybe Trump is our through it

Let's just get it over with then - see what happens

:-)

Right?

If we really want the apple cart to be totally upset, that's what we'd need to do.....but I just can't hardly even bear the ramifications and the consequential chaos of the very idea!!! Unless every world leader out there has been advised in a memo that this is the plan,

I just am really interested to see what happens

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm reading through this post - which, I get where you're going, but I still wonder - why Trump?

I'm not going to badger you :-)

But honestly - comparing your version of Trump and mine - we'd have to say it's two different guys

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I do hope that you have a chance to look into the real man, and not the farce that the MSM has pushed on people.
There are many threads on this forum that touch on the truth, for those willing to open their eyes.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I do hope that you have a chance to look into the real man, and not the farce that the MSM has pushed on people.
There are many threads on this forum that touch on the truth, for those willing to open their eyes.

What? He hasn't lived in a bubble. He's been thought a joke for decades. Desperation makes people blind.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I do hope that you have a chance to look into the real man, and not the farce that the MSM has pushed on people. There are many threads on this forum that touch on the truth, for those willing to open their eyes.

Now he's starting to sound a little Jesus-y. Little bit - around the edges

Trust me when I tell you - I've had plenty of chances to know the real man. The MSM didn't need to push. I've been following Donny since he first made the scene

No conversion here

But - I admire your sincerity

May the best man win

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

In addition:

Lack of manufacturing weakens a country, not only economically. We are becoming a country of consumers, totally dependent on other countries for our survival. When other countries have you under their thumb like that, soon they are calling the shots, setting the prices, and controlling your economy. They hold all the cards. They can make demands, they can cut off supplies in time of war, or for any other reason.

We need a president who is looking out for Americans, not making deals with other countries that hurt Americans.

What sort of manufacturing are you talking about? The US dominates in what is known as a New Manufacturing Economy. That is the manufacturing that require highly skilled and payed workers. Those jobs are actually not going anywhere and is what is replacing the old low skill manufacturing that see leaving the US. The old type manufacturing jobs are not coming back, ever. Unless the US drops it minimum wage to 50 cents and hour. That is what it would take to compete. Nations that make stuff have economies almost entirely dependent on exports. That makes them far more vulnerable than the US or a modern economy. Somebody else will take over making things on the cheap. Ethiopia is already lining up to take China's manufacturing as China moves into a modern service based economy like the US where wages are to high to be compete. Those jobs do not go back to modern nations.

This idea we can go back in time is not realistic. It has nothing to with trade deals or regulations. It is simply the economies evolve. This is just another load of nonsense Trumps sells to people who do not know any better.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This idea we can go back in time is not realistic.

Then why are there so many reactionaries?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That's funny. He did win the primaries with that campaign director.

Do you have personal knowledge of personnel choices he have made that were not good choices?

How about every time he has made racist or sexist comments or insulted POWs, the disabled, his own party, his own followers. How about running a completely inept campaign that had the dumb luck of a primary full of so many candidates that less than half the votes in a primary could get a win. How about having his companies balled out not only by bankruptcies, US bank but the Chinese and Arabs as well. How about every time he says something stupid, then lies and said he never said that only to have the clip of him saying then played.

How about running a Presidential campaign so poorly that in a month where he had the advantage of being the only one to secure a party nomination he managed to lose ground in the polls. And see his numbers hit record lows. In a month where he should have had jump on campaigning, on fund raiding, on unifying the party and get a surge in the polls what did he do? Called a US judge Mexican, made a fool of himself in Scotland opening a golf course, started a feud with the chamber of commerce, got into a feud with Veterans groups, drove the GOP farther away, and his campaign nearly went broke. Most of those poor choices were his own.

And when you look at his business history he has done nothing but screw over the average working man and small business' time and time again. He has a history of hiring illegals, manufacturing overseas, screwing over his own workers and defrauding people out of their money. He is literally everything wrong with America.

And with the way he has been running this Presidential Campaign you can not deny that he is either incompetent or throwing the race.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Apparently the 'Dump Trump' movement now has the required 28 rules committee votes to put a 'minority report' to the floor. This will be a simple vote on the floor for all delegates to decide if they want to unbind on round 1. It will pass if there is a majority of votes on the floor.

It's almost certain that it will pass and it's becoming far more likely that all delegates will be unbound from their state result on round 1...

Over the weekend, The Daily Wire had the opportunity to speak with Kendal Unruh, a member of the Colorado Republican delegation to the Republican National Convention. Unruh is also a member of the Rules Committee at the RNC, and a leading advocate for a vote that would unbind the delegates from the candidates to which their state primaries are pledged. Unruh explained that "28 committee members are required to pass a minority report, which then goes to the convention floor for all delegates to vote on. It then requires a simple majority to pass." She added that she does "have the 28 votes required for the minority report," continuing, "Not everyone who is with us is willing to be public yet, due in part to the threats being made by Trump's campaign and the RNC itself."

Looks like the entire primary season might have been for nothing. The thrust of the argument seems to be that the delegates know best and need to choose for the people, not the other way round.
edit on 11/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So, these guys are being threatened by the RNC itself?

They are going to tear the party apart if they do this, and the RNC knows it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Wow. If true then I'm stunned. I haven't seen political incompetence like that since Tony Benn was still alive.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Wow. If true then I'm stunned. I haven't seen political incompetence like that since Tony Benn was still alive.

There are 112 members of the rules committee and to trigger the minority report, only 28 are needed to put forward the rule. I can only imagine the corruption, persuasion, threats and bribery that is going on right now in relation those 112 people!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join