It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: UKTruth

So, these guys are being threatened by the RNC itself?

They are going to tear the party apart if they do this, and the RNC knows it.

Pretty much and their voting base will disintegrate - it will ensure a Clinton presidency.
If I were advising Clinton, I'd be telling her to use every contact and method she has at her disposal to get 28 of those committee members on board.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

I see that you have bought into the New Manufacturing excuse that is being used to explain shipping our jobs overseas.

In other countries, it is people manufacturing goods. Certainly processes have become more automatic over time, but people are still needed in most manufacturing. The jobs working in those factories in other countries could be jobs in our country.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I emailed my state Republican Party about the suggestion that there is an attempt to derail Trump at the convention.
Their reply:

​We support Trump. Thank you,

I had also previously contacted our elected state delegates to the convention, and they all swore to support and vote for Trump. That is the reason they were elected - because they had declared to vote for Trump. Others (who were not elected) said they would vote for Cruz or others.

So, hopefully there are enough honest delegates who will vote with the will of their voters, and with the results of the primaries.

edit on 7/11/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The jobs working in those factories in other countries could be jobs in our country.

Really? Many of these jobs pay a fraction of what they would here, why would you want them back?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Take a look at the typical iPhone.

If it was manufactured in the US, it'd cost tens of thousands of dollars simply because you'd have to pay standard wages in the US for people to make it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That is the point I am making, people want their cheap goods. As Mr. Spad said, the manufacturing base has shifted to a more refined production system that makes it harder to outsource production.

edit on 11-7-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If Trump doesn't get elected to be the official Republican candidate, I think that's going to have a opposite effect of what the elite might hope for.

I don't think they are that dumb, but in case of that actually happening, I predict and I call for major protest of everyone who supports mister Trump. You guys need to let them know that kind of BS will not be accepted, and that everyone must honor the will of the people.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

a reply to: MrSpad

I see that you have bought into the New Manufacturing excuse that is being used to explain shipping our jobs overseas.

In other countries, it is people manufacturing goods. Certainly processes have become more automatic over time, but people are still needed in most manufacturing. The jobs working in those factories in other countries could be jobs in our country.

Furthermore the working conditions for the cheap labour is nothing short of scandalous. It's like slave labour that the corporations happily exploit whilst destroying cultures around the world to gain more profit. It always confuses me that globalists are the first to shout about human rights and equality but are happy to let people make products for them no matter what conditions those products were made in - all in the name of globalism.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Take a look at the typical iPhone.

If it was manufactured in the US, it'd cost tens of thousands of dollars simply because you'd have to pay standard wages in the US for people to make it.

All products would be more expensive. So what? Maybe people could do with half of the crap they don't need or really want.
We're living in an artificial consumer economy driven by excess and exploited by greedy people. The western world has to ween itself off of the consumer addiction. At the moment we're no better than locusts. If people were honest they would admit that most of what they bought over the last few years was either broken, not needed and not even wanted. But we still spend because it's cheap, whilst others around the world sweat for peanuts to make it.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

We used to manufacture in the US. People still bought the goods.
We used to manufacture appliances, clothing, many, many things.
Are you old enough to remember the "Made in USA" labels on things? We used to go out of our way to buy something made in the USA, to support our country.

It is government regulations on US businesses and unfair trade agreements that are controlling the cost of goods.
If you fix the things that caused manufacturing to leave the country in the first place, things will balance out.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If you fix the things that caused manufacturing to leave the country in the first place, things will balance out.

How do you 'fix' the lower wages and cost of living in other countries?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Don't you think that's something you should ask your politicians?

How are you going to fix our economy? So far, the only one's offering any solutions are Sanders and Trump

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Don't you think that's something you should ask your politicians?

It is not something they can fix.

How are you going to fix our economy?

I have made my sentiments known on this, I would start by making our corporate tax much more competitive.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Actually, I was just giving you an example of what you should ask your politicians...Wasn't asking you personally.

If politicians can't fix it, then who can?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do you 'fix' the lower wages and cost of living in other countries?

You don't. You keep your noses out of their culture.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
If politicians can't fix it, then who can?

It eventually comes up to parity as you are seeing with China's economy now. Their manufacturing base is beginning to move and/or become more automated.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
You don't. You keep your noses out of their culture.

Which is the question I was asking the other poster, how do you successfully intervene into another nation's policies?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This almost Christ like adoration of Donald Trump being able to fix our nations problems is astonishing.

The problems are systemic, cultural, brought on by a society that values WAR as an economic alternative.

War is big business and business is good.

www.daviddfriedman.com...

God help us!
edit on 11-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

All true.

And that's the core problem. Our "locust-like" consumerism powers the engine that is running us over.

We're eating our own tail.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Interesting clip.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join