It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

No, I have no illusions that the elite of the GOP support him.
But voters have shown that they support him.

That is what terrifies the elite. This shows that they have lost the faith and support of the voters.

If they even attempt to derail Trump, whether successful or not, there will be backlash from voters from which the party will never recover.

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

i hope trump does a nice spring cleaning on the hill next year.

Just out of hypothetical curiosity, how would he "do" that?

Firing squad?

Drone strike on the Capitol?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Technically speaking about 40% of those Republicans registered in the Primaries support him.

Not sure if that's any sort of plurality of the American voter ... he seems to be pretty unpopular, generally speaking.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

He could do it by exposing corruption and incompetence, instead of covering for it as our current POTUS has done.

I think he will be very candid with the public about the inner workings of government.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
more likely this was leaked to give them leverage to negotiate the platform and influence his approach

his teleprompter performance after dallas seemed to me to be a turning point for him

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Do we have to keep reminding that in the primaries Trump was against 16 other candidates, and still won?
And he still got more primary votes than any other Republican candidate in history?
Do we have to remind that he brought out more new voters than any other candidate?

Who do you think those new voters are going to vote for if the person they supported gets derailed?
edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling again

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If the even attempt to derail Trump, whether successful or not, there will be backlash from voters from which the party will never recover.

Oh, yeah - just not in the same way. Nothing ever stays the same. Ever

The backlash from voters has already happened - you just don't recognize it for what it is. Conservatives are not going away (there's no reason why they should - this country needs them)

People are more resilient than you think

Your Trump Youth movement I'm sure is enjoying this fantasy - but what exactly do you think is going to happen?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Just out of hypothetical curiosity, how would he "do" that?

Firing squad?

Drone strike on the Capitol?

I was wondering exactly the same thing - what the hell?!

I read comments like that one and I seriously worry that people either don't understand what a president does, or they are pretty much looking for a regime change - with all the lovely accoutrements that come with

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

What "Trump Youth movement" are you referring to? Not me certainly. I have been voting for over 4 decades now.

And as far as I can see, what I am referring to as new voters are not youth, they are the normal people, blue collar workers, middle class voters, who for years had given up on voting because there was never a candidate that seemed to be what this country needs. Now they have hope in a candidate who actually wants to support Americans.

As for what I see happening - if the GOP slaps the face of voters and tells us that they don't care who we choose, it will show that this is not a party who cares about the voters, and they will lose voters permanently. They will stop voting, or vote independent.

And Hillary will win. If Hillary will win, the Supreme Court will be in a position to change our country for generations into something the Republicans will regret. And the Republicans will lose Congress and most other positions in government at all levels, because they will lose their voters.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The GOP is afraid that Trump will take the Senate and House down with him. It is kind of balancing act.

Just imagine the chaos and stonewalling and government shut-down that will happen then!! Let's do it!! Clean slate at last.
This makes it even more important who his running mate is. He can actually resign the position before he takes office. If that happens, his VP automatically takes over.

I looked it up the other day. Don't know how many are aware of that.....

What happens if a president-elect changes his/her mind?

the 25th Amendment [addresses this]:

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

The 25th:

25th Amendment
Amendment XXV

Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

edit on 7/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You do realize the president does appoint many positions in the cabinet, etc?

Besides what I mentioned above regarding exposing corruption, the president is in a position to clean up many positions and appoint people who actually have competence to do the jobs, instead of being appointed for political cronyism reasons.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The problem is the majority of the GOP do not support Trump. He just happened to run on the Republican ticket and gained the support of (1) people who resonate with his message, but don't normally vote, and (2) people who don't self-identify as Republicans but voted for him anyway.

That's an important distinction.

The GOP is not being represented by a true Republican candidate. Trump is a wolf in GOP clothing. As a result, he's tearing the party apart and they know it. The best the party can hope for is to get through this election cycle and regroup after the dust settles.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Keep reminding yourself of it if it helps you sleep ... I guess you need to be reminded that a good portion of the 60% that didn't vote for DJT aren't going to vote for him in November.

No, I don't need to be reminded of your jingoistic worship of Mr. Trump ... I'm well aware. Thanks.

I know that Trump has trailed every possible Democratic Candidate in every possible poll for over a year. I know that he has the highest disapproval rating of any Republican candidate ever.

I know that he daily puts on a segment of a reality TV show in which he demonstrates how outlandish and foolish a Trump presidency would be.

/shrug ... The minds of Republicans aren't my best subject, but I think that most of them probably see that as well.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

... ah, but they know that Obama is a Tyrant.

LOL ... it'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Wait. We need to read this carefully, you guys.....

Whenever the Vice President

and a majority of either

a) the principal officers of the executive departments

or

b) of such other body as Congress may by law provide
(meaning that Congress might at any point change the law about which "body" is required to agree with the VP)

anyway - yeah - the VP can be put in charge, no matter what. A vote of no confidence, they call it on Star Wars. And all over the world.

edit on 7/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: punctuation

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What "Trump Youth movement" are you referring to? Not me certainly. I have been voting for over 4 decades now.

Well you could knock me over with a feather! That wasn't at all what I pictured. This is a very good lesson for me. I figured you had a poster of Donny up on your wall with XOXOXO written on it in pink lipstick

:-)

As for what I see happening - if the GOP slaps the face of voters and tells us that they don't care who we choose, it will show that this is not a party who cares about the voters, and they will lose voters permanently. They will stop voting, or vote independent.

Change - like excrement - happens...we could use a shakeup - which is exactly my point

You aren't going to ever do away with conservative philosophy, or conservative thinkers. If they form one or two or a thousand new parties - so be it

If they manage to oust Trump all hell will break loose - granted. I said myself a while back - you paid for him - you get to own him. Give the voters what they asked for

Now? I'm not so sure. If I've learned anything from this past year, it's that there's revolution in the air. I have two minds on that - and I'm not sure which one is wiser. But I don't see how we can stop it now

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If I've learned anything from this past year, it's that there's revolution in the air. I have two minds on that - and I'm not sure which one is wiser. But I don't see how we can stop it now

I don't either, and that's what's scary. It is happening. It's not just a "what if it did?" thing anymore.

Now it's a

"Whoa, sh!t - so this happened; what does it look like!?!"

Well - cops and victims and cops and RB and it's a literally bloody civil war. There's no denying it. Been a few years cooking. BOOM!

edit on 7/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I still don't trust 'Lyin' Ted Cruz. He agreed to speak at the convention, but still hasn't endorsed Trump. Wouldn't be surprised if he has something up his sleeve.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I want to see the thing split four ways ... Clinton, Ryan (or Romney or whomever the Establishment picks), Trump and Sanders.

Hooo boy ... that'd kick the ol' Two Party system in the tender bits, wunnit?

LOL

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm really tired of trying to guess - my mind is brimming over with drama. Let's just hope it all stops short of ordering out the National Guard

We ain't in Kansas anymore Buzzy...

Well, some of us ain't

:-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join