It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Cruz? LOL!!! Cruz is a has-been, washed-up also-ran. He will never, ever be POTUS. This was his first, last and only Annointed By God chance. Audition fail, big time. It started by him reading Green Eggs N Ham.....then he decides to try for POTUS. Then his daughter (shout out to Caroline: never change, Caroline!) flicked him away, and then Caroline told the story about the school picnic, and then Carly fell off of the stage right in front of him and he did nothing and then.....yeah, about then, it was over. He had to be pulled off the stage with a giant shepherd's hook - like on "make me laugh."

It's over for him.

Kasick still has some clout, possibly Rand and Bush and Christie.....but Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Huckabee, Carson, Graham, and I forget who others who competed are done for now. They are a good two or three "presidential olympics" out before they are even top tier performers. They're the JV (Junior Varsity) squad. Freshmen and Club Members. The Minor Leagues.

So - who should Trump name as VP? It won't be Cruz he's a dastardly dismal disaster.

edit on 7/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

We ain't in Kansas anymore Buzzy...

Well, some of us ain't

:-)

And some of us still are, and it's the same here. Yeah, there's tension in the air, but I went to Lowe's on Friday morning, and there were Hispanics, Blacks, Whites, Asians, Malaysians, all shopping together. Everyone was polite, our usual midwestern mannerly and hospitable selves. The "gloom" was palpable, and I still feel it myself (maybe I was projecting it onto the store staff?) ---

but no one was rude. People were actually just as (if not more) friendly and helpful and chatty and polite; I was helping other customers, and the staff were working in sync with me and another customer. It was very therapeutic. We all left the interaction smiling and relaxed.

We don't have to give in to this crap. Then again, I'm really close to the borders of nebraska and missouri both....it's different further out west.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with me should know that I'm a card-carrying Liberal Democrat (the UK version) and that I therefore view Trump as a bloviating imbecile with more flaws than Newt Gingrich and who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the White House.
That said, a defenestration attempt in Cleveland would be a disaster of the first magnitude, akin to a massive middle finger to the people who voted for Trump to be the nominee. There might be a riot, there would certainly be a public relations disaster. It would shoot the party in the head for November. The GOP could not possibly be that stupid.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Chris Christie's body language currently screams "I have no soul, not a scrap of human decency as I pander to this idiot, but I'm doing it to be VP nominee."

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

defenestration

**gasp!**

I know this! It means "to throw out the window" right? Didn't we cover that one over in the other room??

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
a reply to: CB328

I still don't trust 'Lyin' Ted Cruz. He agreed to speak at the convention, but still hasn't endorsed Trump. Wouldn't be surprised if he has something up his sleeve.

I thought the same thing.
Cruz totally can't be trusted. The only one Cruz supports is Cruz.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think the VP Trump chooses is going to be someone none of us even suspected, but has been groomed for years to have this role in the play.

Warren?
(remember, he doesn't 'have to' pick a GOP member. he could pick anyone he wants. at this point. pushing the envelope ---- what can we get away with now? )

The perfect choice would be Bernie. For both of them!! For Clinton - perfect. For Donald - perfect.........

no question about either scenario. It would be as close to perfect as it can be to stay balanced......

So, here's what I'm thinking, is it possible for Bernie to be on the ticket as VP for both?????

Trump/Sanders

or

Clinton/Sanders

THAT IS THE QUESTION

Bernie could go either way. Just like me, he can change his party affiliation in one day....because he's an Independent.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sanders has spent too long getting his views onto the DNC platform for the convention. He'd never risk that by being VP candidate with Trump. My money would be a Clinton/Warren ticket or perhaps a Clinton/Kaine one.
The GOP is far more problematic. Chris Christie is desperately hoping that it's him. Cruz probably has his minions trying to get his name put forwards, although it's more than likely that he's trying to pivot towards being the GOP nominee in 2020 and is getting the ground game in place now. Carson would be a disaster, Rubio is all over the place at the moment, Jeb would run a mile at the thought and the fact that Ivanka Trump is being mentioned is proof that no-one has the faintest idea.
All in all the GOP side is a giant mess. Bring chairs, beer and pizza and watch the conflagration!

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oops, I must have put the link from my other post in here. Here is the article about Ryan and the convention dumping Trump.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Gryphon66

He could do it by exposing corruption and incompetence, instead of covering for it as our current POTUS has done.

I think he will be very candid with the public about the inner workings of government.

I think he thinks he's running to be elected King or CEO ... he seems to be rather ignorant on the subject.

You are aware that we're talking about the Congress, right? That has been in Republican hands for a while now?

Yes, I'm sure Obama is helping to cover up their corruption for them, if he is, he's fighting a losing battle ... they insist on putting it on constant public display. LOL.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

As for what I see happening - if the GOP slaps the face of voters and tells us that they don't care who we choose, it will show that this is not a party who cares about the voters, and they will lose voters permanently. They will stop voting, or vote independent.

And Hillary will win. If Hillary will win, the Supreme Court will be in a position to change our country for generations into something the Republicans will regret. And the Republicans will lose Congress and most other positions in government at all levels, because they will lose their voters.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Trump is spearheading what you just described above.
Remember, Trump has been a Republican for only a short time. In the cutthroat, Machiavellian world known as American politics; nothing is as it seems. Corruption is rampant along with nepotism, immorallity, depraved, degenerate, vice-ridden, perverted, dissolute, bad, wicked, evil, base, sinful, ungodly, unholy, profane, impious, group of reprobates you can imagine.

There's also a negative side.....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

from the yahoo article:

How Paul Ryan could decide whether Trump is dumped in Cleveland (and more!)

A former Nixon adviser, a conspiracy theorist radio host, two African-American singing sisters, a group of bikers and a self-proclaimed “Second Amendment advocate”will join forces in Cleveland on July 18 to hold a rally for a former reality television star.
This motley crew is going to assemble for what they’re calling “The America First Unity Rally,” an opening salvo for what is already going to be the most unconventional Republican National Convention in history.
The event, according to the host’s site, Citizens for Trump, was initially billed as “Our Votes Matter,” when it first appeared that a brokered convention could prevent Donald Trump from becoming the party’s nominee. It was going to be a solidarity gathering of sorts—a warning to the Republican establishment about trying to tear the nomination away from their man’s stubby fingers.

Freaking Alex Jones is going to be a keynote speaker?!!? Oh....whut? um.

Okay.....that's it.

NO. No. This cannot be happening in the USA. Dumbed down indeed.

edit on 7/10/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I thought the same thing. Cruz totally can't be trusted. The only one Cruz supports is Cruz.

A lot of people think the exact same thing about Trump. And Hillary...

We all have our rationalizations

I'm a little fascinated by you BlueAjah

There's no way I can say this without it sounding like an insult - but I don't mean it as an insult :-)

How did this happen? Why Trump?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The "gloom" was palpable, and I still feel it myself (maybe I was projecting it onto the store staff?)

It's hard to tell- I was thinking the same thing when I was on the train the other morning...same ole, same ole... Here we all are, hurtling through both space and time (I wish) towards our workaday obligations. No different from any other day. But, it did feel different. It's probably both, but considering my mood - I'm pretty sure I was smothering the scene in my version of reality

Have read lots lately (hard to avoid unless you avoid the internet) about how things have to get worse before they get better - and that we're well on our way

If we can't go under, over or around - maybe Trump is our through it

Let's just get it over with then - see what happens

:-)

edit on 7/10/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

I thought the same thing. Cruz totally can't be trusted. The only one Cruz supports is Cruz.

A lot of people think the exact same thing about Trump. And Hillary...

We all have our rationalizations

I'm a little fascinated by you BlueAjah

There's no way I can say this without it sounding like an insult - but I don't mean it as an insult :-)

How did this happen? Why Trump?

For one thing, I have listened closely to what he is saying, and I have researched him thoroughly.

We need a candidate that has the passion to undo the damage that has been done to our economy over the years. For decades he has been noticing the downward trend, and he has had solid explanations for what has been going wrong. You can watch and read interviews he has done long ago, and see this clearly.

I remember a time when people could graduate high school and not be stressed about getting a job. You could decide on college, but if that was not for you, you could be fairly certain you could find a job at a factory, and make a living wage to support a family.

I started at a factory when I first graduated. I was able to put myself through college while working there, as well as start a family. I was even promoted over the few years there, until I was management. Then, a Korean company bought the factory. This was about the time of the beginning of the end of manufacturing in our country. The Koreans sent in a staff of people to learn how we do things and train to use the machinery. Then they started shipping most of the equipment to Korea, keeping a skeleton crew here so that they could still stamp "Made in USA" on the product. When they got caught doing that, they closed up totally and moved back to Korea.

I have watched this happen to factory after factory in our area and across the country. It's heartbreaking. Billy Joel wrote a song about our town that explains it very well. I drove through Detroit not long ago. It looks like an apocalypse city. Boarded up buildings and houses. Tall grass and weeds in neighborhoods that used to flourish. The resident driving me around said that after the car manufacturing started leaving, there were no jobs. Property became worthless, so people had to just abandon and move elsewhere to get jobs.

So now, our government pushes everyone to go to college whether this is for them or not. The only alternatives left are fast food or retail, or some other thankless job. And since those jobs were never intended to pay a wage to raise a family, people live in poverty, or scream for more money. I remember when fast food jobs were for school kids or retirees. Now it is the last hope for people who did not go to college. And what has forcing people to college done? It has devalued a college education. And there are not that many jobs for even those with degrees, since many of our tech jobs are also going overseas.

If manufacturing comes back, it not only means jobs in that field, which can be satisfying both for self-worth and financially, it creates a ripple effect that improves the economy in many other ways. There would be more construction, support services for industry, and in many other ways.

I don't think that the younger generations even remember the pride that comes with buying things that are truly "Made in the USA", because those days are gone.

I could go on and on about our disastrous health care system, the way that our country has become disrespected in the rest of the world, the way our government has promoted terrorism.

Our country is NOT good now. I fear for the future of my children and grandchildren. The only way I can see to help them is do my best to vote for someone that offers some hope that things might improve. I don't see any other candidates who recognize or admit to these problems, let alone say that they intend to do something about them.

edit on 7/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: MrSpad

The GOP is afraid that Trump will take the Senate and House down with him. It is kind of balancing act.

Just imagine the chaos and stonewalling and government shut-down that will happen then!! Let's do it!! Clean slate at last.
This makes it even more important who his running mate is. He can actually resign the position before he takes office. If that happens, his VP automatically takes over.

I looked it up the other day. Don't know how many are aware of that.....

What happens if a president-elect changes his/her mind?

the 25th Amendment [addresses this]:

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

The 25th:

25th Amendment
Amendment XXV

Section 1.

In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.

Section 2.

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 3.

Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.

Section 4.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

When I say the GOP will bring the House and Senate down with him, I am speaking of his coat tails in the election. He is so unpopular that he may also cost the GOP the House and Senate. That would give the DNC control of the White House, both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court. This is why the GOP fears Trump, most of the population does not like him and will not only not vote for him but, spurn all the GOP candidates for being on the same team.

No Republican in any sort of close race is going to the convention and are doing everything they can to distance themselves from Trump while the DNC is going to paint the entire GOP as the party of Trump. That is a disaster for the GOP.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Most of the population does not dislike Trump. Most elite republicans dislike him. And of course some Democrats dislike him, because he has a shot at beating Hillary. He will bring out voters who would not have voted for another elite Republican.
The media twists everything that he says to push a false narrative to the rest of the public.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Most of the population does not dislike Trump. Most elite republicans dislike him. And of course some Democrats dislike him, because he has a shot at beating Hillary. He will bring out voters who would not have voted for another elite Republican.
The media twists everything that he says to push a false narrative to the rest of the public.

You DO know that just saying something doesn't make it true, right? No matter how many times it's said. I still don't think that they can replace him at this juncture. The fallout would be huge. Civil war in the GOP ranks. I also think he's going to get slapped HARD, like Carter in '80.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You do realize the president does appoint many positions in the cabinet, etc?

Besides what I mentioned above regarding exposing corruption, the president is in a position to clean up many positions and appoint people who actually have competence to do the jobs, instead of being appointed for political cronyism reasons.

The President does not appoint members of the Cabinet or most positions in the Government. The President nominates candidates for those positions and the Senate decides to confirm them or not.

And as we have seen from Trump so far he makes terrible choices in choosing people. The one he picked to run his campaign have proven to be incompetent and he himself, those he hired and those he worked with in business have a huge record of corruption. Is he suddenly going to be honest? Not likely. I know the argument will be the nobody competent wants to work on Trumps campaign but, that is all on him. He made the choice to be a pariah to most of America.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

In addition:

Lack of manufacturing weakens a country, not only economically. We are becoming a country of consumers, totally dependent on other countries for our survival. When other countries have you under their thumb like that, soon they are calling the shots, setting the prices, and controlling your economy. They hold all the cards. They can make demands, they can cut off supplies in time of war, or for any other reason.

We need a president who is looking out for Americans, not making deals with other countries that hurt Americans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join