It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm surprised on didn't see this on here, but there are two options being floated as ways to possibly prevent Trump from becoming the republican nominee. I personally don't think Ryan will have to guts to go through with it, but if he does it will be a giant controversy in the US and possibly cause more riots.

abcnews.go.com...

How Paul Ryan could decide whether Trump is dumped in Cleveland
edit on 9-7-2016 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Some of those big companies have lots of Democrat customers.

They are playing both sides to their advantage.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Not if they learned from history. See the '68 DNC. People get pissed when they are taken for a ride. Then again America didn't learn from France's incursion into Vietnam. See how I melded that together?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

I ran thru the article...didn't see Ryan mentioned but maybe I missed it. Personally don't like Ryan...another corporate shill imo. Am surprised some of them are not donating to democrats since many republicans corporate leaders have shifted.

To me it is simple...follow the money of those who do donate to dems. Trump represents an unknown and may disrupt their Apple cart because he wants jobs to go to Americans.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the Rnc would dig a whole so deep that no other scapegoat president can rescue them from.

im already committed to voting Trump. no matter what those crooks pull.

there would be a lot of pissed patriots in rural America.

i hope trump does a nice spring cleaning on the hill next year.

too many chumps with no clue of politics jumped on the- demagogue lead band wagon- that is Trump too early. (they just wanted to release some bottled up sentiments). i think that definitely undermined the virtue of what trump wants to achieve.

we poured our poison, all left to do is chug.
edit on 9-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I guess I'm not seeing your correlation here. The article clearly states that companies have pulled out from BOTH conventions, and some decided this well before Trump even announced his candidacy.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
and possibly cause more riots.

Lost me here...more riots???

Are there currently riots ongoing that I havent heard about??

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

originally posted by: CB328
and possibly cause more riots.

Lost me here...more riots???

Are there currently riots ongoing that I havent heard about??

Was that a serious question?
Hoping it was sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I don't see anything in the article in the OP that mentions what you are describing.

The corporate sponsors saying they won't sponsor either convention is old news.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

To me it is simple...follow the money of those who do donate to dems. Trump represents an unknown and may disrupt their Apple cart because he wants jobs to go to Americans.

Then why are so many of products that Trump endorses manufactured overseas?

abcnews.go.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As discussed in other threads, and as Trump has said - Trump manufactures overseas for the same reasons that other manufacturers have been forced too. There are hardly any manufacturers in this country, and our government has made it cost prohibitive for manufacturers to do business here.

That is one of the things that Trump wants to remedy.

edit on 7/9/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: olaru12

As discussed in other threads, and has Trump has said - Trump manufactures overseas for the same reasons that other manufacturers have been forced too. There are hardly any manufacturers in this country, and our government has made it cost prohibitive for manufacturers to do business here.

That is one of the things that Trump wants to remedy.

Hmm. I've heard the term, "Lead by example."

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

No. What Trump wants is cheap labor to maximize profits. Few Americans are willing to work for mere pennies an hour.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

And he will. When he fixes the stupid trade agreements that our country has gotten themselves into, and fixes regulations, then he might be able to find a manufacturer in this country who will make his goods here.

As far as I have ever been able to find, Trump does not actually own any manufacturing plants overseas, unlike other US companies. He just has some goods made overseas at facilities owned by others. And the reason is that there are no plants in this country that make the goods.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This thread started as a misleading hit piece, as the link in the OP does not support the title or description.

And then it gets derailed by more hits.

Are people getting desperate to distract from the mess that Hillary Clinton is in?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

No. He won't. He'll continue to do what maximizes his profits. Anyone thinking otherwise is either desperate or delusional.

Derailed how? People didn't bend over for The Donald?

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I don't care who the GOP runs at this point.

I am voting for Gary Johnson so they can do whatever they want and be ignored like they deserve. Hopefully everyone will ignore the Democrats too...we might be able to take our country back.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Derailed how? People didn't bend over for The Donald?

No, derailed in that almost no posts in this thread have anything to do with the OP.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Gary Johnson is an all around good guy. The problem is he's going to be seen as the GOP's Ralph Nader by stripping votes from Trump. Which is not a terribly bad thing, in my honest opinion, because a President Trump is just too damn scary to contemplate in any meaningful manner.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

President Trump is just too damn scary to contemplate in any meaningful manner.

Sorry to be off topic but have you read The Dead Zone? The Trumster reminds me of Greg Stilson in the book. He also reminds me of Biff Tannin in Back to the Future. Actually, the orange one was the inspiration for Biff's character. Here

<<   2  3  4 >>

join