It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

oh my heavens, honey. Okay - I think we're done here. You'll never get past the brainwashing. I'm sorry about that.

"balanced view of the real man" indeed.....

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It is delusional to believe that your point of view is the only correct one.
That is a very sad, uneducated way to go through life.
Insulting others and trying to shut up others who disagree has become a plague in today's youth.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You DO know that just saying something doesn't make it true, right?

That's never stopped Trumphobes.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I d'ont post very often, more of a reader, and I always enjoy reading your comments, you have a very pragmatic and common sense view, probabaly why you prefer Trump as do many others, nevermind the naysayers, and in reflection of you response to another poster who asked you "why Trump", you solidified alot of the reasons why he does have such a strong voter base.

Maybe he should ask you to be his vp

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: alphacenturi

Thank you

Your post made my day!

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

originally posted by: UKTruth
Apparently the 'Dump Trump' movement now has the required 28 rules committee votes to put a 'minority report' to the floor. This will be a simple vote on the floor for all delegates to decide if they want to unbind on round 1. It will pass if there is a majority of votes on the floor.

It's almost certain that it will pass and it's becoming far more likely that all delegates will be unbound from their state result on round 1...

Over the weekend, The Daily Wire had the opportunity to speak with Kendal Unruh, a member of the Colorado Republican delegation to the Republican National Convention. Unruh is also a member of the Rules Committee at the RNC, and a leading advocate for a vote that would unbind the delegates from the candidates to which their state primaries are pledged. Unruh explained that "28 committee members are required to pass a minority report, which then goes to the convention floor for all delegates to vote on. It then requires a simple majority to pass." She added that she does "have the 28 votes required for the minority report," continuing, "Not everyone who is with us is willing to be public yet, due in part to the threats being made by Trump's campaign and the RNC itself."

Looks like the entire primary season might have been for nothing. The thrust of the argument seems to be that the delegates know best and need to choose for the people, not the other way round.

Could you please source this?

Should have linked this in the post - there are a few sources, but here is the one from yesterday.

www.dailywire.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hmmmm. If true this would be political suicide and would result in a general conflagration.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
lol even right-wingers don't like Donald Trump. his racism and bigotry is destroying the gop even more. he should hire more actors to support him since donations are low...

Mod Note: It is against the ATS Terms and Conditions to change political candidates names:

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

edit on 7/12/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

today's youth? Those would be my children - they're in their 20s. They realize Trump is a problem waiting to happen.

I have given him a fair shake - I even made a thread about it. Don't talk down to me, Ajah - how rude.
You just insulted me and tried to shut me up... I actually feel bad for you.

FAIL.

It is delusional to think Trump would be a good President. There are 7 billion other people whose opinions matter just as much as yours, and most of us realize that he's not the best choice. Neither is Hillary. I didn't try to shut you up. I think it's sad that you have fallen for the rhetoric promoting him.

He has an unfavorability rating of 70% for a bunch of very good reasons.
edit on 7/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm not quite sure why you are making this personal.
This is a discussion forum, and there will be those who disagree with you.
The deflection is not going to work.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What deflection?
Yes, it's a discussion, and I am discussing how some sources are crap, and others are worthwhile. I'm allowed to discern and say that.

You're right, it isn't personal....But your opinion is obviously skewed and I fear you've been misguided. Just saying. In case you didn't know.

edit on 7/12/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Ahem. For those of you who are wondering why people are staring in horror at the thought of a bloviating nincompoop who believes his own press being the GOP nominee I present exhibit A.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

today's youth? Those would be my children - they're in their 20s. They realize Trump is a problem waiting to happen.

I have given him a fair shake - I even made a thread about it. Don't talk down to me, Ajah - how rude.
You just insulted me and tried to shut me up... I actually feel bad for you.

FAIL.

It is delusional to think Trump would be a good President. There are 7 billion other people whose opinions matter just as much as yours, and most of us realize that he's not the best choice. Neither is Hillary. I didn't try to shut you up. I think it's sad that you have fallen for the rhetoric promoting him.

He has an unfavorability rating of 70% for a bunch of very good reasons.

Of the 7 billion people around the world, most of them actually couldn't care less about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. So claiming most of them realize he is not the best choice for America is nonsense.

Of the 5% of the world's population living in the USA, over half won't vote or are ineligible to vote. Actually about 2% of the worlds population will vote in November. Of those, about 40% will vote for Trump according to the polling.

I am afraid the only person deluded here is you if you think something like 50m-60m Americans have all been fooled in some way. If you did your homework you would realise that many people have a very unfavourable view of him but are still going to vote for him.

Hope that sets you on the right path to understanding why people are going to vote for Trump - good luck with your ongoing studies. Hopefully you will improve your current grade of F.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You're schooling me on American politics?

Sheesh, you guys are a real trip. The whole educated world is watching this election. (Including you).

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You're schooling me on American politics?

Sheesh, you guys are a real trip. The whole educated world is watching this election. (Including you).

From your posts it's clear someone has to

Most of the world's population do not even have internet and you might be surprised to hear that CNN is not in most households (especially in those that have no TV either)
Even in the UK the coverage of Trump and Clinton is pretty minor and hardly anyone would have any idea on details. About all they are aware of is the 'muslim ban'. Put simply, most of the world does not follow it with any level of detail required to make a judgement on whether Trump would make a good POTUS.

Your claim really was nonsense.
edit on 12/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Even in the UK the coverage of Trump and Clinton is pretty minor and hardly anyone would have any idea on details. About all they are aware of is the 'muslim ban'. Put simply, most of the world does not follow it with any level of detail required to make a judgement on whether Trump would make a good POTUS.

I beg to differ.

Although I'm an American, I find a lot of our news (and news radio) to be far too shallow for my tastes. BBC is one of my three main news sites, and they have given a lot of interesting and thoughtful coverage and analysis to Mr. Trump. I've reposted some of these stories on my Facebook feed.

And frankly, the in-depth reports from BBC beat a lot of the more shallow fluff pieces I find on my regular news feed.

Even Germany's Der Spiegel has run a lot of articles on him.

So, yes, the rest of the world is aware of him and somewhat aghast.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Really....??

Trump is a huuuuge topic of conversation in Mexico.

edit on 12-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I beg to differ.

Although I'm an American, I find a lot of our news (and news radio) to be far too shallow for my tastes. BBC is one of my three main news sites, and they have given a lot of interesting and thoughtful coverage and analysis to Mr. Trump. I've reposted some of these stories on my Facebook feed.

And frankly, the in-depth reports from BBC beat a lot of the more shallow fluff pieces I find on my regular news feed.

Even Germany's Der Spiegel has run a lot of articles on him.

So, yes, the rest of the world is aware of him and somewhat aghast.

I did not say we had no coverage - we have , but compared to US news channels it is minor.
The vast majority of Brits have no idea about the detail of Trump or Clinton beyond some garbage headline.
My point is clear. It is absolute nonsense to suggest that the majority of the 7billion people on this earth have formed an opinion that Donald Trump is unfit to be POTUS.

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Really....??www.youtube.com...

Yep - you can find news stories all over the world. So? Am I to take it that you can now confirm that the majority of 7billion people in the world have formed an opinion that Trump is unfit to be POTUS? Can you let me know how you came to this conclusion? I'd be fascinated to know. better still, can you provide some analysis into Spanish news coverage and how the Spanish population view the issues in the US and what they think? Start there as you have referenced Spain. Then you could take the other countries one by one I guess. I am not so sure you can get a good read on the 4bn people who don't even have internet, but I am sure you have considered that based on your 2 minute video in Spain.

I tend not to rely on 2 minute Youtube videos as a proxy for the entire world, but I guess if that is your approach it explains a lot

edit on 12/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You're correct about the 7 billion part but Trump is a huuuuugeeee topic of interest in the developed world. And he is soundly mocked and ridiculed as a Presidential candidate.

The GOP convention will be watched world wide, you betcha!

I find your protective emotional attachment to Donald slightly odd.
edit on 12-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join