It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New plot to dump Trump at Convention

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
All products would be more expensive. So what? Maybe people could do with half of the crap they don't need or really want.
We're living in an artificial consumer economy driven by excess and exploited by greedy people. The western world has to ween itself off of the consumer addiction. At the moment we're no better than locusts. If people were honest they would admit that most of what they bought over the last few years was either broken, not needed and not even wanted. But we still spend because it's cheap, whilst others around the world sweat for peanuts to make it.

That is so very true. Do we really need to buy a new cell phone every year? It is the corporations that have developed the mindset that everything is disposable and replaceable, and we always need to have new things.

Our children see commercials on TV pushing the latest trends in toys and gadgets... new video game systems every year. Is this really making us happy and successful as a society, or is it creating a society of greedy drones, always needing something better?

So many on these forums who say that manufacturing can not come back to this country are the same ones who condemn corporate greed. Who do they think is benefiting the most from cheap labor overseas? They keep pushing consumerism to the point that everyone thinks they need things that we really don't need.

I think you have hit on a very important point in the difference between our society when we were a strong manufacturing society as compared to now. And it really does not have to be this way.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Seriously, the RNC and many of it's members want to remove Trump as the candidate for the republican presidential nomination and that too is the democrat's fault. This is the problem, even when it is clearly the republican's doing they still are incapable of excepting the reality of the world. I fully understand that facts mean nothing to many on the right but the idea that now the Dump Trump movement is the doing of those on the left is insane on the face of it. Isn't it evident that for far too many on the right they are willing and able to crucify their own in order to get what they want, so just imagine what they are willing to do to those who disagree.

Ironically, I would have to say that to call the republican party racist, xenophobic, homophobic, etc, is illogical, instead what I have come to realize is that they are equal opportunist discriminators with the harshest and most diabolical actions saved for their own. there is a word for this; cannibalism! Are we to believe that the the country and world would better off with the right in charge when they are all to capable of destroying their very own members if they refuse to stay in line? I fear many things, Donald Trump becoming president is very near the top of that list, yet with that said to deny him what he has earned by simply changing the rules because the outcome is not to the liking of some is a very real and frightening example of just what the world is likely to become if the right is given more power. They have already changed the rules of the president's nominations and congress overall by simply refusing to do their jobs. I could care less if things are voted up or down, but not voting or getting things done is far worse than anyone getting welfare through fraud, isn't every member of congress getting big fat paychecks for doing nothing? Give me a break and open your damn eyes! a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I think you have hit on a very important point in the difference between our society when we were a strong manufacturing society as compared to now. And it really does not have to be this way.

The United States also hugely benefitted from the privations of both World Wars when the manufacturing infrastructure of nearly every other nation was decimated.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

All products would be more expensive. So what? Maybe people could do with half of the crap they don't need or really want.
We're living in an artificial consumer economy driven by excess and exploited by greedy people. The western world has to ween itself off of the consumer addiction. At the moment we're no better than locusts. If people were honest they would admit that most of what they bought over the last few years was either broken, not needed and not even wanted. But we still spend because it's cheap, whilst others around the world sweat for peanuts to make it.

That is so very true. Do we really need to buy a new cell phone every year? It is the corporations that have developed the mindset that everything is disposable and replaceable, and we always need to have new things.

Our children see commercials on TV pushing the latest trends in toys and gadgets... new video game systems every year. Is this really making us happy and successful as a society, or is it creating a society of greedy drones, always needing something better?

So many on these forums who say that manufacturing can not come back to this country are the same ones who condemn corporate greed. Who do they think is benefiting the most from cheap labor overseas? They keep pushing consumerism to the point that everyone thinks they need things that we really don't need.

I am sure all the globalists would say - what about corporate profits and jobs... it would be a market crash blah blah blah. The market needs to crash. Paper money has been leveraged to disgusting levels and it's the rich who are cashing in. The so called strong stock market benefits but a few. People seem to always be worried about losing paper money, stock value, equity in property etc. It means very little in real terms to anyone other than the rich who want to further leverage. As for companies not seeking to employ and/or making smaller work forces do more... dump them. Let them go out of business. If the demand is there another company will be started and will thrive. This is where people - together - have ultimate power.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tommyboy8

You have some good points.

It is as if the elite Republicans are throwing a temper tantrum, because the people chose a candidate that was not an elite chosen one. So instead of working with the people, they are going to crash and burn the entire party in retaliation.

If they think that the party will survive without the support of voters, they are delusional.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

This guy is ranting about exactly what I have been trying to say, but he says it so much better!

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

This guy is ranting about exactly what I have been trying to say, but he says it so much better!

He is right. a plan should be put forward immediately to remove money from politics. It should always be a salaried position with no lobbying allowed. Lobbying and accepting lobbyists bribes should be counted as treason.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

He is right. a plan should be put forward immediately to remove money from politics. It should always be a salaried position with no lobbying allowed. Lobbying and accepting lobbyists bribes should be counted as treason.

Right, who would institute such a plan and enforce it? Politicians?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

...and there lies the problem

I would hope the President would initiate this, as was discussed in the video, but very unlikely for someone as divisive as Obama. He probably likes the cesspit world he lives in.
edit on 11/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

I would hope the President would initiate this, as was discussed in the video, but very unlikely for someone as divisive as Obama. He probably likes the cesspit world he lives in.

And you Think Trump could initiate something like this in our Government. Do you know why JFK was murdered? I don't think you have any idea how deep the corruption is in DC.

Say hi to goober and aunt bea!

Obama's not up for reelection you know....
edit on 11-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

And you Think Trump could initiate something like this in our Government. Do you know why JFK was murdered?

Do I know why JFK was murdered? No. I only know the 100's of theories.
Trump - he wouldn't stop it. He'd negotiate for the best deal.
I don't know of any honest leader who would end the corruption in govt(s).

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

And you Think Trump could initiate something like this in our Government. Do you know why JFK was murdered?

JFK was killed because he wanted to change the status quo. "negotiate a deal" with who?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Interesting clip.

That is AWESOME!!!!

JFK was killed because he wanted to change the status quo. "negotiate a deal" with who?

I don't know what you are talking about now.

edit on 11/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It is as if the elite Republicans are throwing a temper tantrum, because the people chose a candidate that was not an elite chosen one.

The GOP and the DNC are one in the same and their candidate is Hillary.

This election is about obamacare, because Its making to much money for the healthcare insurance industry who helped draft this forced consumer product purchase. Look at that nice almost 45 degree incline in earning and projected earnings after Obamacare went into effect.

1. The best candidate for obamacare in this election is a democrat. Not because a republican will overturn it , but because they would be expected to over turn it and when they don't the people will begin to wake up. So the Machiavellian tactic will be to utilize a democrat to seal obamacares fate .

2. Hillary is too well connected and egotistical to have chosen to run a second time without haven been promised the candidacy. This was likely promised in the last election.

Trump is a crazy wild card that would likely be no worst than hillary since congress and the top oligarchy would control him.

I think trump is full of BS and don't trust a word he says but he gives us a .001% of change over hillary. Having said that , I find it hard to believe Trump snuck through the cracks from the GOP,DNC, and MSM .

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Apparently the 'Dump Trump' movement now has the required 28 rules committee votes to put a 'minority report' to the floor. This will be a simple vote on the floor for all delegates to decide if they want to unbind on round 1. It will pass if there is a majority of votes on the floor.

It's almost certain that it will pass and it's becoming far more likely that all delegates will be unbound from their state result on round 1...

Over the weekend, The Daily Wire had the opportunity to speak with Kendal Unruh, a member of the Colorado Republican delegation to the Republican National Convention. Unruh is also a member of the Rules Committee at the RNC, and a leading advocate for a vote that would unbind the delegates from the candidates to which their state primaries are pledged. Unruh explained that "28 committee members are required to pass a minority report, which then goes to the convention floor for all delegates to vote on. It then requires a simple majority to pass." She added that she does "have the 28 votes required for the minority report," continuing, "Not everyone who is with us is willing to be public yet, due in part to the threats being made by Trump's campaign and the RNC itself."

Looks like the entire primary season might have been for nothing. The thrust of the argument seems to be that the delegates know best and need to choose for the people, not the other way round.

Could you please source this?

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

They are going to tear the party apart if they do this, and the RNC knows it.

They already have. That was like six months ago. I called this during mid-terms, that the party would implode. I wasn't wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Dylan Radigan is an insane clown, just like Beck, Jones, and Limbaugh. Just like O'Reilly and Hannity.

All jackasses a la supreme......to a one.
I am saddened that they have their hooks in you. I know the feeling of being made aware of our own biases and the questionability of our favored 'sources.'

It's appalling that you all are so vulnerable to misinformation and contagious hysteria. Education is so very important.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Would Donald Trump Quit if He Wins the Election? He Doesn’t Rule It Out

Like I've been thinking, and writing, and saying out loud to people who hear my voice.
He's just proving a point.

Presented in a recent interview with a scenario, floating around the political ether, in which the presumptive Republican nominee proves all the naysayers wrong, beats Hillary Clinton and wins the presidency, only to forgo the office as the ultimate walk-off winner, Mr. Trump flashed a mischievous smile.

“I’ll let you know how I feel about it after it happens,” he said minutes before leaving his Trump Tower office to fly to a campaign rally in New Hampshire.

It is, of course, entirely possible that Mr. Trump is playing coy to earn more news coverage. But the notion of the intensely competitive Mr. Trump’s being more interested in winning the presidency than serving as president is not exactly a foreign concept to close observers of this presidential race.

More disturbing by the day.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Dylan Radigan is an insane clown, just like Beck, Jones, and Limbaugh. Just like O'Reilly and Hannity.

All jackasses a la supreme......to a one.
I am saddened that they have their hooks in you. I know the feeling of being made aware of our own biases and the questionability of our favored 'sources.'

It's appalling that you all are so vulnerable to misinformation and contagious hysteria. Education is so very important.

What the heck was that insult rant about?

If it is any of your business, I never listen to "Beck, Jones, or Limbaugh".
I do think that Hannity has a lot of common sense, and most of the time OReilly does, but I do not agree with him on everything.
As for the guy in this video, this is the first time I have even heard of him, and I know nothing about him, other than the things he was upset about in that video made sense.

I listen to many sources. I currently have 24 news sources in my favorites, and I check most of them every day. They cover the entire spectrum of every point of view. I also follow up on news stories by researching government sites, and other sources.
Then I make up my own mind.

So, you can keep your insults to yourself, because you know absolutely nothing about me.

edit on 7/11/16 by BlueAjah because: missed a word

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That is just another hit piece distorting what he said.
They don't even quote what question they exactly asked him, but they quote an answer, as he is rushing out of Trump Tower to catch a plane. How do we know for sure what he was replying to?

Then they spin it and make a big deal of it.

As your article says:

“This is silly,” said Sean Spicer, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, which has tried hard to make the Trump campaign more professional. “He’s in it to win it.”

Your source is the NY Times. I hope you can learn to stop being so gullible in believing sources like this

edit on 7/11/16 by BlueAjah because: spelling

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join