It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

Is it that you don't understand the meaning of simple and correct English sentences or do you simply have poor eyesight too? It's ok, a lot of people have poor eyesight.

Yes all the readers are blind and you can see.

And who are the dumb starrers? "huh huh I don't agree with the other guy so I'll star this guy no matter how dumb his post is, oh wait, I don't know his posts are dumb, because I am an idiot myself."

You really need some fresh air, take deep breaths, inhale exhale.

So far people are blind, dumb and idiots in your opinion.

Its always a pleasure to have new members act like and express themselves like children throwing a tantrum.

Thanks for the entertainment.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Well done for further demonstrating exactly how terrible your grasp of what goes on at CERN is.

What did I say that wasn't correct?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Yes all the readers are blind and you can see.

Poor eyesight doesn't mean blind and I wasn't refering to readers. And some are just a bit daft.......

So far people are blind, dumb and idiots in your opinion.

Thanks for representing.

Its always a pleasure to have new members act like and express themselves like children throwing a tantrum.

Good.

Thanks for the entertainment.

So what are you whining about. Are you not entertained!

edit on 7-7-2016 by SemperFried because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Of course everyone knows this because I told everyone about it.

Good boy.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SemperFried

originally posted by: GetHyped

Well done for further demonstrating exactly how terrible your grasp of what goes on at CERN is.

What did I say that wasn't correct?

You mean the bit where you see "big scary science machine" and "cloud" in the same sentence then leap to all sorts of nonsensical and ridiculous conclusions?

Yeah, that bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I refered to scientific research. Can you qoute the incorrect conclusion?

Anyways, my post went over your head again, you were acting like everything about meteorology and Cern is fully explained and like you are well informed about CERN's activitah. Isn't it ironic that CERN is doing experiments to learn about cloud forming?

You probably still don't get it now.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I refered to scientific research. Can you qoute the incorrect conclusion?

The bit where you use it to infer that it had anything to do with the thunderstorm. You don't understand the information you are presented with, hence your absurd speculations. You see keywords without understanding any of the context or background information and go "well, this must support my argument".

We get it, you don't and won't understand the science. But hey, you repeating nonsensical arguments over and over is all part of the riveting "speculative discussion" this thread is grounded in.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The bit where you use it to infer that it had anything to do with the thunderstorm.

You were acting like such theories are completely impossible and I was just pointing out, that in theory, CERN could produce weather affecting rays.

Did that go over your head?

Btw this thunderstorm happened during their "Awake" experiments, not the "Cloud" ones.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
CERN just goes about it's business verifying the standard model of Quantum
Theory. Sometimes they pursue special projects with new theories and
new results to digest. When they exceed 13 tev, I wonder what will happen
then - find new particles or an infinite array of sub-sub particles? What
terrestrial effects can this miles wide ring with 10's of terabytes of electron
volts coursing through her inflict?

What effect is made by the LHC when impacting particles at the speed
and power used to smash them?

edit on 7-7-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

You were acting like such theories are completely impossible and I was just pointing out, that in theory, CERN could produce weather affecting rays.

No, "in theory", it can't. And isn't. There's this entire field called "meteorology" that adequately explains this weather phenomenon. But I guess educating yourself on such a topic is hard work and takes effort, so best stick to cowering in the dark at the big, scary science machine.
edit on 7-7-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So CERN is not able to create artificial cosmic rays of which scientists suspect they help with cloud forming is what you are saying?

Even though it has already been shown that it can and does.

There's this entire field called "meteorology" that adequately explains this weather phenomenon.

Apparently clouds forming aren't even adeqautely explained yet, since CERN is doing experiments about it, you see, Cern can produce artificial cosmic rays, and cosmic rays are said to affect the weather.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I see the deniers are in full swing. The timing alone is quite coincidental....and I don't believe on coincidence. I don't know about portals", but it looks like there could have been some effect outside the facility. I wonder, too, how many of the deniers watched the video on the same page? That's no storm. Quite odd, the swirling pattern, and the way that ball of light vanishes into it. I notice the first deniers didn't even mention that.

Go figure!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: awareness10

You mean a larger con-Cern for the paranoid about scientific studies? If you meant T-storms I thought that was Haarps job...

What if (just let yourself be free for a moment to contemplate) it is not paranoia? Since we don't even have an understanding of reality as of yet and having learned that reality is actually changed simply by observing it just how do you become so smug?

CERN’s curious choice of geographic location
Now on top of all the speculation as to what CERN scientists are really attempting to do with their Large Hadron Collider, many observers could not help but notice that the town in France where CERN is partially situated is called “Saint-Genus-Poilly.” The name Pouilly comes from the Latin “Appolliacum” and it is believed that in Roman times a temple existed in honor of Apollo, and the people who lived there believed that it is a gateway to the underworld. It is interesting to note that CERN is built on the same spot.

Religious leaders – always suspicious of the aims of the scientific world - drew a connection to a verse straight out of Revelations (9:1-2, 11), which makes reference to the name ‘Apollyon.’ The verse states: “To him was given the key of the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit… And they had a kind over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.”

Now try telling a spiritual leader that the Bible is conspiracy theory.

www.rt.com...

Now that is interesting! Hadn't read that about the location before. Huh.....

As for this thread, the people running the experiments don't even know, as you have pointed out, what to expect, so how a lot of armchair scientists can come in and state there's nothing to see here is truly astounding. The pictures do look interesting, and I am curious as to where the storm formed, and how long it lasted, and if it moved.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

As for this thread, the people running the experiments don't even know, as you have pointed out, what to expect,

Actually, they do know what to expect because they construct their experiments with the intention either confirming or falsifying elements of theory.

An experiment is not, "Let's do this and see what happens." You never designed a science experiment in school I take it.

Apparently clouds forming aren't even adeqautely explained yet, since CERN is doing experiments about it, you see, Cern can produce artificial cosmic rays, and cosmic rays are said to affect the weather. CERN can produce a few high energy particles which are close what cosmic rays are. But it is hypothesized that cosmic rays can affect climate. The CLOUD experiment actually cast some doubt on that hypothesis, actually.

edit on 7/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

As for this thread, the people running the experiments don't even know, as you have pointed out, what to expect,

Actually, they do know what to expect because they construct their experiments with the intention either confirming or falsifying elements of theory.

An experiment is not, "Let's do this and see what happens." You never designed a science experiment in school I take it.

They know what hey want to happen, but that doesn't mean they know what will happen. And, yes, quite a few. Instead of trying to deflect from the subject by aiming at my science skills, try and focus. You can do it.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
How about you stop moving the goalposts. You said:

As for this thread, the people running the experiments don't even know, as you have pointed out, what to expect
They actually do know what to expect.

Tell me, were your science experiments in the nature of, "I wonder what happens if I mix these two chemicals?" That's not science, that's alchemy and your chemistry teacher would probably have intervened.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

As for this thread, the people running the experiments don't even know, as you have pointed out, what to expect
They actually do know what to expect and they are looking for some very specific things to happen, or not happen.

Tell me, were your science experiments in the nature of, "I wonder what happens if I mix these two chemicals?" That's not science, that's alchemy and your chemistry teacher would probably have intervened.

edit on 7/8/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   

They actually do know what to expect.

When you can manage to post without trying to be insulting, then you can expect a reply. I am not playing the schoolyard games. Clear enough for you?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   

You lost the debate now say he is insulting? Being right is not insulting you know.
edit on 8-7-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

They actually do know what to expect and they are looking for some very specific things to happen, or not happen.

Well at least many of the scientists involved have shown more humility than people on here. Every speaker and science presentation I have seen the scientists state first off that they can't "wrap their heads around" the whole weirdness of particle science.

They admit to it being beyond their understanding at this point and that they and the best are muddling along. They know near zero about Dark Matter, Dark Energy and most every other thing they are trying to see and learn about, the word "believe" is used a lot, does that sound like they KNOW?

Scientists at CERN have announced that everything scientists thought they knew about physics may be entirely false, following the discovery of two new baryon subatomic particles.

“We may be entering a new era in physics. An era where there are weird features in the universe that we cannot explain. An era where we have hints that we live in a multiverse that lies frustratingly beyond our reach. An era where we will never be able to answer the question why is there something rather than nothing.”

yournewswire.com...

the chance to study exotic new particles

Still, the LHC’s most intriguing results could come from seeing something that nobody predicted.

Or—hope beyond hope—it could lead to an underlying principle that physicists have missed until now. The end goal, as always, is to find a string that, when tugged, rings a clarion bell that draws physicists toward something new.

NEW..EXOTIC= unknown and unexpected. Simply observing can change things how can you think they are so perfect in their capabilities.
www.wired.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join