It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Or maybe it's Maybelline.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

Or maybe it's Maybelline.

🎶 Maybellene, why can't you be true?
Oh Maybellene, why can't you be true?
You've started back doing the things you used to do.
🎶

Back on topic so I don't get deleted for thread drift...

My "God and Jesus playing laser tag" is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but the point is that if we are going to claim this thunderstorm is caused by CERN opening portals (rather than simply being a natural thunderstorm), then we may as well say it was caused by the Wrath of God, or aliens, or unicorn farts.

There is just as much evidence for those explanations as there is for the "CERN opening a portal" explanation.

edit on 2016-7-5 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Really, there wasn't enough hyperbole in there for you to realise I was being sarcastic?

It's ok, a lot of people are unable to grasp cristal clear displays of sarcasm.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SemperFried
Men have better depth perception.

hahaha not with a poor quality picture like the one you posted!

edit on 5-7-2016 by Agartha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Not with poor quality eyes.....and then we still have to take into account the inferior depth perception skills.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Not with poor quality eyes.....and then we still have to take into account the inferior depth perception skills.

LOL

I have excellent eyes, believe me...... but no more talking about my lack of superior skills such as the ones you have, it's off topic.

So let me go back to the OP: that's a storm, as shown by pics posted on page 13... unless Cern is also causing chaos in Kansas and other parts of the US.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So let me go back to the OP: that's a storm, as shown by pics posted on page 13... unless Cern is also causing chaos in Kansas and other parts of the US.

Just because CERN didn't cause those ones doesn't mean it didn't cause this one.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Just because CERN didn't cause those ones doesn't mean it didn't cause this one.

I don't think it was CERN. I think it was caused by the flapping of the wings of the red kites (birds) that are common around Lake Geneva. I mean the lake is right there next to this storm, and we know that the red kites are common there, so the birds must be the reason for the storm.

That reason is at least as likely as the reason being that CERN opened a portal. So I'm going with that. Birds.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

There is absolutely no evidence or plausibility of CERN causing the storm in that picture. You would have to be scientifically illiterate to the point of unfettered and willful ignorance (and frankly, stupidity) to think otherwise.

If you actually believe this nonsense, you are in no position be making snarky comments about anyone elses intellect in this thread.
edit on 5-7-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That reason is at least as likely as the reason being that CERN opened a portal. So I'm going with that. Birds.

Is it now? Not that I mentioned any portal. So these birds that you view as an equally likely cause, are they messing with the fabric of nature too?

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You can't really comment on plausibility since you really don't know anything about this uncharted territory or what actually happens there.

If you actually believe this nonsense, you are in no position be making snarky comments about anyone elses intellect in this thread.

I can make all sorts of comments from all sorts of positions of my own choosing without any problem.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Is it now? Not that I mentioned any portal. So these birds that you view as an equally likely cause, are they messing with the fabric of nature too?

No. You didn't mention a portal, but the information in the OP did.

What I said works just as well if it's simply "I think the flapping wings of the Lake Geneva red kite caused the storm rather that CERN (somehow) causing the storm". Do you have evidence that he birds didn't cause it?

I mean, birds flapping their wings in the atmosphere where the storms form seems actually MORE likely than it being caused by something underground...

...Well, that would be true if the entire weather system just magically and unexpectedly appeared on top of Geneva. However, weather usually doesn't do that; they instead track across continents. Looking at the weather radar for the day immediately before and after this event, it seems to me that the system that brought this storm tracked across France from the NW to the SE (a common weather pattern for that region).

www.stirimeteo.com...

Unless you can show me that this storm just unexpectedly popped up out of nowhere, then I would be more apt to believe that this system moved in over Geneva from elsewhere in Europe like weather usually does. meaning it probably wasn't (somehow) caused by CERN, nor caused by the Lake Geneva red kites flapping their wings.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

They had a statue of the Hindu god Shiva at the opening ceremony?

That is interesting.

Lord Shiva is the Hindu "God of Destruction."

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. You can't really comment on plausibility since you really don't know anything about this uncharted territory or what actually happens there.

YOU may not know anything about CERN or meteorology and thus are willing to speculate wildly from a position of ignorance but don't assume that everyone else is as uninformed as you.

edit on 6-7-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I can make all sorts of comments from all sorts of positions of my own choosing without any problem.

As far as I know, all we have is just a picture of a thunderstorm that looks like a million other thunderstorms. But since it's over CERN, all of a sudden it means something other than just a thunderstorm is happening. As if CERN would otherwise be exempt from getting thunderstorms.

Being a bit of a wannabe stormchaser, this picture holds no mystery for me, other than those that come with thunderstorms in general.

Apparently the will to believe in some kind of conspiracy theory is so great with some people, that they will literally latch in to anything . In the process, you lose more and more credibility.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't think it was CERN. I think it was caused by the flapping of the wings of the red kites (birds) that are common around Lake Geneva. I mean the lake is right there next to this storm, and we know that the red kites are common there, so the birds must be the reason for the storm. That reason is at least as likely as the reason being that CERN opened a portal. So I'm going with that. Birds.

yeah, But did the birds create the storm or did they create a portal?

If its a portal then we might have some answers as to what causes the Mandela effect, the birds create portals to other dimensions/realities and some lucky or unlucky folk get transported through.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
yeah, But did the birds create the storm or did they create a portal?

If its a portal then we might have some answers as to what causes the Mandela effect, the birds create portals to other dimensions/realities and some lucky or unlucky folk get transported through.

And if we are lucky one day one of those people will be transported to 'our timeline' with a bag containing a packet of Depends, a Berenstein book and 'Interview with a vampire' and 'Sex in the city' DVDs... and they will have evidence of the Mandela effect they claim exists.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AuranVector

Yes.

I think the statue is still there.

And the ceremony and a plaque are also reportedly . . . interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

YOU may not know anything about CERN or meteorology and thus are willing to speculate wildly from a position of ignorance but don't assume that everyone else is as uninformed as you.

I was refering to CERN. So according to you it is not uncharted territory? I wonder what the point is then if there is norhing to learn there.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

No, thunderstorms are not such uncharted territory that we need to invoke CERN, portals and other such nonsense in order to explain them. Again, just because you have not bothered to learn and understand a given topic does not make "unchartered territory".

I wonder what the point is then if there is norhing to learn there

I'm not convinced you know much about anything regarding the pertinent topics so the beginning would be a good starting point for you. I'm sorry, but your ignorance is not equal to other people's knowledge.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join