It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaw-dropping photos taken above CERN’s Large Hadron Collider lead to wild new conspiracy theories

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

...Well, that would be true if the entire weather system just magically and unexpectedly appeared on top of Geneva. However, weather usually doesn't do that; they instead track across continents.

Thunderstorms don't, they are local and only have a lifespan of an hour and half or less

Generally, thunderstorms require three conditions to form,

1.Moisture

2.An unstable airmass

3.A lifting force (heat)

All thunderstorms, regardless of type, go through three stages: the developing, the mature, and the dissipation.[8] The average thunderstorm has a 24 km (15 mi) diameter. Depending on the conditions present in the atmosphere, each of these three stages take an average of 30 minutes.[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

Average diameter of 24 km's? How big do we think this one was? This one seems a bit small and very local, like a little black cloud......

...Well, that would be true if the entire weather system just magically and unexpectedly appeared on top of Geneva. However, weather usually doesn't do that; they instead track across continents. Looking at the weather radar for the day immediately before and after this event, it seems to me that the system that brought this storm tracked across France from the NW to the SE (a common weather pattern for that region).

In the radar images you posted, June 24th shows hardly any activity for that region and the weather history I checked doesn't mention bad weather, storms, and thunderstorms, but a warm sunny day with a low humidity.

edit on 6-7-2016 by SemperFried because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

No, thunderstorms are not such uncharted territory that we need to invoke CERN, portals and other such nonsense in order to explain them. Again, just because you have not bothered to learn and understand a given topic does not make "unchartered territory".

Maybe I wasn't clear when I just epxlained to you that I was refering to CERN with uncharted territory......

I was refering to CERN.

So according to you it is not uncharted territory?

Is it that you don't understand the meaning of simple and correct English sentences or do you simply have poor eyesight too? It's ok, a lot of people have poor eyesight.

I'm not convinced you know much about anything regarding the pertinent topics so the beginning would be a good starting point for you. I'm sorry, but your ignorance is not equal to other people's knowledge.

Why don't you first try to post a reply that actually applies to the comment you are responding too.

And who are the dumb starrers? "huh huh I don't agree with the other guy so I'll star this guy no matter how dumb his post is, oh wait, I don't know his posts are dumb, because I am an idiot myself."

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SemperFried

Ok, I'll say this once more loud and clear to see if it sinks in this time:

CERN has nothing do with that thunderstorm whatsoever.

All of your silly "what if's" are nothing more than unfounded speculation based your own ignorance. There is a reason this thread is the Hoax Bin, sadly some people are just too gullible.

"I don't understand the big science machine" is not a valid reason for attributing any old nonsense to it.
edit on 6-7-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

So you are saying that these experiments at CERN, creating black holes and such, is not uncharted territory? Interesting, tell me more.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I'm saying that there's as much chance as CERN creating or influencing the storm there is me personally. Once you realise the stupidity of entertaining there latter, you will realise the stupidity of entertaining the former.

"I don't understand the big science machine" is not a valid reason for attributing any old nonsense to it.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

All of your silly "what if's" are nothing more than unfounded speculation based your own ignorance. There is a reason this thread is the Hoax Bin, sadly some people are just too gullible.

Actually, and I am about to advise you to wear a helmet 24/7, it is in the Skunk Works forum, and guess what, this forum is specificly intended for speculative theories.

Can you please stop derailing the speculative process.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

It was originally moved from the Science & Technology forum into the Hoax Bin, so your personal attacks have no place. But I guess you've ran out of arguments so what else can you do, eh?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It was in Skunk Works when you commented and it still is, so my argument is very strong. This forum is meant for speculation so wrong place to whine about speculation.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm saying that there's as much chance as CERN creating or influencing the storm there is me personally

Because of your extensive knowledge of the intricate nature of the matter that these scientists are prodding with a stick?

Impressive.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

For the final time, just because you either cannot out have not bothered to understand the work going on at CERN, doesn't mean that you can attribute any old nonsense to the big scary science machine.

Clearly the grand "speculative process" you speak of had run its course because you're just repeating the same Argument from Ignorance fallacy over and over now.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SemperFried
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

In the radar images you posted, June 24th shows hardly any activity for that region and the weather history I checked doesn't mention bad weather, storms, and thunderstorms, but a warm sunny day with a low humidity.

That's because you need to know what you are looking at. On the 23rd, There was a band of weather that was traversing for the NW toward the SE of France, heading toward Geneva, reaching Geneva on the 24th. the image looks as if it was taken the night of the 24th.

Bands of rain like that often accompany a cold front. Thunderstorms often pop up along this front where the cooler air of the cold front mixes with the warner air in front of it. This causes the water vapor in the warmer more humid air to destabilized, causing the potential for thunderstorms.

Here is the forecast for the day before (June 23rd). as you can see the band of rain that goes through the center of France, you can see that the air behind it (west-northwest of it) is cooler than the temperatures in front of it (east-southeast of it). That indicates to me that the rain band is marking a frontal boundary. Where the cool air meets the warm, the potential for rain or thunderstorms is created.

On the 24th, that frontal boundary was ready to move across the SE border of France, toward Switzerland and Italy:
www.rte.ie...

By the 25th, that front had moved further eastward:
www.rte.ie...

So that front already existed, tracking its way across France since the day before. The east side of the front was warm (and warm air can hold more water vapor), and the west side of the front was cooler. So the front most likely caused the instability that led to a thunderstorm -- not CERN.

edit on 2016-7-6 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

For the final time, just because you either cannot out have not bothered to understand the work going on at CERN, doesn't mean that you can attribute any old nonsense to the big scary science machine.

Clearly the grand "speculative process" you speak of had run its course because you're just repeating the same Argument from Ignorance fallacy over and over now.

Actually, saying that something doesn't exist because it hasn't been proven is an Argument of Ignorance and it came from you, not me, I never drew any conclusion.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

It is when the very premise of your silly argument rests on you not having even half a clue as to what goes on at CERN.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

It is when the very premise of your silly argument rests on you not having even half a clue as to what goes on at CERN.

It is? It Is what? Or what is it?

That doesn't even make sense as a reply.....again.

So tell me, how would you have any way of knowing what effects such experiments can have? You alreay conducted these experiments before?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
So when are the Kaiju's rolling in?

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No, thunderstorms are not such uncharted territory that we need to invoke CERN, portals and other such nonsense in order to explain them

But clouds are apparently, and CERN is needed to find explanations, because CERN is capable of producing artificial cosmic rays, that apparently influence cloud formation.

Cosmic rays are charged particles that bombard the Earth's atmosphere from outer space. Studies suggest they may influence cloud cover either through the formation of new aerosols (tiny particles suspended in the air that can grow to form seeds for cloud droplets) or by directly affecting clouds themselves

Just pointing out that here we have, CERN producing rays that can effect weather. Even if it is just in theory and supposedly on small scale.

Off course you already knew this.....

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: awareness10

You mean a larger con-Cern for the paranoid about scientific studies?

Well that's one anal portal..
remark, and it seems six anal portals agreed with it.
As I recall there were thousands, maybe millions of 'paranoids' around in my youth, all about nuclear testing, I wasn't too happy about it either, even though I was having a good time.
However, there were many that were not so happy, or having a good time.
Money paid to U.S. citizens under the Radiation Exposure and Compensation Act of 1990, as of January 13, 1998: approximately $225,000,000. That is a figure from the US testing programme/s, not from my anal portal, which BTW, is located in the normal pace.

Just remember that about scientific studies..maybe especially those on a grand scale, but not necessarily. Best not to include, "paranoid about" along with, "scientific studies" in the same phrase.

Here I fear, we have what looks like a thunderstorm.
edit on 6-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

No, thunderstorms are not such uncharted territory that we need to invoke CERN, portals and other such nonsense in order to explain them

But clouds are apparently, and CERN is needed to find explanations, because CERN is capable of producing artificial cosmic rays, that apparently influence cloud formation.

Cosmic rays are charged particles that bombard the Earth's atmosphere from outer space. Studies suggest they may influence cloud cover either through the formation of new aerosols (tiny particles suspended in the air that can grow to form seeds for cloud droplets) or by directly affecting clouds themselves

Just pointing out that here we have, CERN producing rays that can effect weather. Even if it is just in theory and supposedly on small scale.

Of course everyone knows this because I told everyone about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Well done for further demonstrating exactly how terrible your grasp of what goes on at CERN is.

posted on Jul, 6 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Of course everyone knows this because I told everyone about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, But, that story was available from The Express 28th of May, (with a bit of a slant on it) a few days after the Cern video was posted.

www.express.co.uk...

Dates are funny that way.

In any case, it's an oldish parable.
edit on 6-7-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join