It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were the Church of Satan's most important teachings?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Most proclaimed Atheists are actually agnostics. As soon as your non believe is subjected to the lack of evidence, you're actually an agnostic. Most Atheists bang on about science, but their believe in science are not based on real scientific knowledge, they chose to believe scientists that echoes what they prefer to believe. To me it seems that they rebel against the moral justice religion impose and use the lack of scientific proof as a cop out or escape clause....thats my Christian bias speaking, I know. I'm happy with my circumstantial proof. Better than no proof at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dmvr34

Context is needed for that one. The point of that statement was to show that the CoS is highly against cruelty to animals. A lot of what the satanic bible says is meant to be a counter to some part of the christian bible. The bible says all the animals were made for man to with as they please. As for the killing of humans the CoS stance is "only in self defense".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DbDraad

Could you clarify something for me, please?

Everything you wrote. I haven't got a clue what I just read.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Google it. Start with Atheism vs Agnosticism and read it again. If that fails you, buy a Oxford Dictionary and try again.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
[

That's not Satanic; that's Thelemic.

Pretty sure you know that though.

The basic difference between God and Satan is just the same difference between Union and Separation.

Whose will shall be done? Jesus always says he is doing his Father's will, and not his own.

So, if Jesus doesn't do his own will, and is called the Christ, anyone doing the opposite, giving more importance to their own will, is the Anti-Christ.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DbDraad

Atheism has one meaning. Lack of belief in a God. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't do anything.

There is no doctrine. Each atheist is an individual. Anything they think or believe beyond that is their personal philosophy. They are not clones of each other.

Atheism is not anti-God or religion. However, an atheist can make this his personal philosophy. That is his choice separate from atheism.

The real meaning of agnostic is: God can not be proven or disproven. Technically, everyone is agnostic. Admitting it?

Not all atheists are interested in science. But, provable reason why something is makes a difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DbDraad
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Google it. Start with Atheism vs Agnosticism and read it again. If that fails you, buy a Oxford Dictionary and try again.

Google where?

Seriously depends on whose providing the narrative.

I suggest Austin Cline, American Atheists, or the Friendly Atheist.

Definitely not a dictionary.
edit on 29-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
a reply to: reldra

Even Anton realized this on his death bed as his last words cried out in anguish and lament over his efforts overcame his delusion...
His own teachings were most unimportant to him then... In fact he was feeling rather sorry for himself for what he had done...

Yes, so sad. Those last 2 or so minutes before the final breath is when either the Angels appear to guide you to glory, or the demons appear to take your soul to Hell.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That's only a relatively new definition of Atheist. For 2400 years it has meant "no God/s". The word is from the Greek, the A is alpha, meaning the negative position and Theos which means God. No + God.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

That's only a relatively new definition of Atheist. For 2400 years it has meant "no God/s". The word is from the Greek, the A is alpha, meaning the negative position and Theos which means God. No + God.

Why would I care about 2400 years ago? "Theist" - - "A-Theist". It's not that difficult. Nor is it negative.

YOU are a devout Christian. You are not without bias.

I go with what American Atheists state - - - in my life time.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Lol, the reason Atheists changed their definition of what a simple compound Greek word affirms is because during the enlightenment period they were getting destroyed in debates with theists. It was rightly pointed out that for an Atheist to know there was no God they would need the attributes of God, therefore the belief was self-refuting. Templeton realized this and quickly started saying he was an Agnostic, then he only had to prove he didn't know is God existed or not in debates.

Atheist is a word that means "no God/s".

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The most important thing the Church of Satan taught:

Satan is not real.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer

From the pinnacle to the pit indeed!!

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Even Anton realized this on his death bed as his last words cried out in anguish and lament over his efforts overcame his delusion...
His own teachings were most unimportant to him then... In fact he was feeling rather sorry for himself for what he had done...

His daughter, who was there at the time of his passing, completely contradicts your BS. I'll take her word over yours in this matter.

a reply to: JinMI

I don't profit from the church of Satan...
But you can believe her if you like...

She doesn't profit from CoS though. She has nothing to do with
It at all and has disavowed it. She still maintains that there was no penance or death bed conversion/confession.
edit on 29-6-2016 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

The big point is -- you want to make it negative.

It's not.

No God, Without God, Lack of Belief.

Semantics.

TODAY - I prefer American Atheists because of their clarity.

You and me? Never the twain shall meet.

edit on 29-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Arizonaguy

What I have said is true...

Nobody has ever said this while lying in all the history of mankind. Seriously, it is true.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The big point is -- you want to make it negative.

It's not.

No God, Without God, Lack of Belief.

Semantics.

TODAY - I prefer American Atheists because of their clarity.

You and me? Never the twain shall meet.

Come on, it's not what I want to make, the Alpha in Greek is the negative. That's where Atheist comes from, Atheos in the Greek. Theos means God, the alpha as the prefix means "no God".

I mean I can ply the game too. No longer do I have to prove God exists, I'll just reply "I lack the belief that God doesn't exist." Problem solved, can't make me prove a negative statement.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Also Anton Lavey was just a typical charlatan no different than L. Ron Hubbard.

He dressed up in silly spandex costumes with horns and gathered up the rejects of society to make a buck and hang out with Jane Mansfield.

Who was known for clowning him behind his back and was just using him for publicity.

RIP Jane Mansfield. At least she left behind Mariska Hargitay who has her looks.

She was adorable when SVU first came out and despite the passage of time still looks great.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Those last words are Christian lies. The fact that people drift away from the church in extremely antithetical ways scares some so they write bold faced lies about their last words to try and scare away others from thinking of leaving the church or following the pariah in question. It's not a new phenomenon, it's been happening for hundreds of years.

www.interestingandweird.com...

See also: the most recent book about Christopher Hitchens.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

I find the teachings of Lavey Satanism to be far more relevant than any of the christian teachings...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join