It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were the Church of Satan's most important teachings?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
With all that excellent satanic philosophy and stuffs, I imagine the Masters of such arcane power-sourcing end up with fabulous, well-adjusted lives no matter what they did or didn't say on their deathbed, right? Right?

Lifestyles of the Witch & Infamous

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: birdxofxprey

I don't know, I can show you threads here about Jesus'said favorite teachings and everyone under the sun comes in to offer their 2 cents as well.

You'll be fine, the Internet isn't a safe space. People challenge my beliefs on a daily basis. If you're firm in your faith, it won't matter to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: celticsea

I guess I should apologize for interrupting your Satan thread but I was happy to see NOTurTypical back. I wanted to let him know so I am sorry I interrupted your thread.

I wasn't looking for apologies. I can see you were saying "hello" to Typical. Didn't mean to direct criticism at you specifically... Thanks.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

I don't know, I can show you threads here about Jesus'said favorite teachings and everyone under the sun comes in to offer their 2 cents as well.

You'll be fine, the Internet isn't a safe space. People challenge my beliefs on a daily basis. If you're firm in your faith, it won't matter to you.

I'm not a Satanist, and my point wasn't about "faith." I'm interested in the topic of this thread. Your posts (which out-number those of anyone else) have not been on topic at all (as the "terms and conditions" describe it). Plastering this thread with Christian doctrine and pictures of crosses gives you all the appearance of a missionary, which leads me to think you're not here to discuss Satanism at all - other than your conviction that Anton is in hell, which isn't really about Satanism since Satanists don't believe in hell.

Your posts are condescending, condemnatory, and self-righteous.
"Typical" indeed.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I have as much right to post here as any other member, if people are discussing LeVey I can offer my point of view. If you don't like it, tough, you can challenge my statements as well. You won't be the first to do so, and you won't be the last.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I have as much right to post here as any other member, if people are discussing LeVey I can offer my point of view. If you don't like it, tough, you can challenge my statements as well. You won't be the first to do so, and you won't be the last.

You haven't expressed a point of view about the topic of this discussion.
So, tell us then, what do you think are the most important teachings of the Church of Satan?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Rosinitiate

I've heard that for years, I think people just believe that because they heard someone else say that and they didn't diligently see if it was true.

Isn't that the same thing Christians do?

After doing some due diligence I have come to realize that the religion of Christianity is a sham religion not at all based on the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels.

Christians talk about Christianity all day and I will hazard a guess that 85-90% have not read the entire Bible and studied all relevant history.

They are repeating what someone told them was true without doing the proper research. Faith is code for " just trust us" in churches. Far from the Faith meant by Jesus.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
The most important thing the Church of Satan taught:

Satan is not real.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting the world to believe he doesn't exist.

That statement is the trick, you have placed value in a common idiom that has accomplished what it was designed to do the second you bought into it.

You see, something that never existed in the first place can not convince anyone of anything.

But creators of idiotic idioms can.

Do you want proof? So do I.

Show me a world that has been convinced that the devil doesn't exist?

Most people who are not particularly religious even believe in the devil, go on the internet the devil is everywhere. Worshipped even.

So that is just a ridiculous saying.

If people didn't believe in Satan the world would be a better place.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
They are just trying to sucker you in!
Just like the church. Dont be fooled.

the church can not get you so they are using This!
Dont fall for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Great OP! LaVeyan satanism has always gotten a bad wrap, I don't know of any other church that won't allow minors to join...

Just out of curiosity, how many of the people involved in this conversation have actually read Anton LeVays "satanic bible" and not just looked at the quotes online?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
The most important thing the Church of Satan taught:

Satan is not real.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting the world to believe he doesn't exist.

Says the man holding the ankh. What is the true meaning of the ankh? Bet you don't know.

Tis a sexual symbol I believe. Isis related.

The bottom reminds me of the Tau and the top is rather obvious. The Tau represents (in my world) the rod of Moses.

If I am off feel free to correct because I am guessing based off a little knowledge. Egyptian spiritually is a topic I have just begun studying once I realized it was so awesome.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i'm almost certain on of of them was,

do onto others, then split.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Isn't that the same thing Christians do?

Yeah, the same religious Pharisee spirit is alive and well today. Those demons didn't go anywhere, you still have people doing things today that the church in Acts didn't do and can't be found in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I don't think any are important. Nothing is new today with Satan as there was in the garden, I'll tell you his modus operandi:

1. Doubt God's word.
2. Twist God's word.
3. Get man to ignore God's word.
4. Tell man he can be like God.
5. Get man to worship self instead of God.

edit on 30-6-2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"So, tell us then, what do you think are the most important teachings of the Church of Satan? "

I don't think any are important.

My point exactly. Your comments, even when solicited, have nothing to do with the stated topic.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I don't think any are important. Nothing is new today with Satan as there was in the garden, I'll tell you his modus operandi:

1. Doubt God's word.
2. Twist God's word.
3. Get man to ignore God's word.
4. Tell man he can be like God.
5. Get man to worship self instead of God.

So what you are saying is that you are a proud member of the 85-90% club?

Not surprising at all. If it weren't for people like you I would have no one to laugh at because as I see it Christians are the biggest liars on the planet.

Everyone of those 5 things you mentioned is what Christianity does, while teaching that it is everyone else who is doing it.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Well, this is the Laodecian Church Age. Just rejoice, the Bible says that judgment first will come to the house of God before the heathen. Not to worry, the tares and the wheat will soon be separated, you can cheer on the decapitations.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well, this is the Laodecian Church Age. Just rejoice, the Bible says that judgment first will come to the house of God before the heathen. Not to worry, the tares and the wheat will soon be separated, you can cheer on the decapitations.

Is there some possible way of making you realize that you embody not a single Christian virtue, and that saying that you are a Christian because you don't want to go to hell is selfish and not righteous?

That every comment you make is ridiculous and screams foolishness?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

And that you completely misinterpreted that parable of the tares?

Because we all have chaff and separating the wheat from the chaff is an inner spiritual purification, not a separation of people.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join