It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What were the Church of Satan's most important teachings?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The CoS seems to be little more than a way for atheists to troll christians but tbh if you compare Satan's death toll in the bible to God's famines, plagues, acts of mass infanticide and general willingness to mercilessly destroy his beloved creations; Satan ended up being a pretty placid antagonist.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Enough with the Christians.

This is about the Church of Satan - - - not Christianity.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The CoS seems to be little more than a way for atheists to troll christians

Atheists do not care about Christians, unless they force their belief in a way that it affects others.

Legislating by belief, interfering in other people's lives by legal means - - - that's different.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The CoS seems to be little more than a way for atheists to troll christians

LOL! Kind of hard to argue with that considering evangelicals (of any faith/philosophy/etc) can hardly help themselves when seeing the bait that the CoS poses to Christians. It's like a baby murderer dangling a baby on a noose in front of a nursing mother.

but tbh if you compare Satan's death toll in the bible to God's famines, plagues, acts of mass infanticide and general willingness to mercilessly destroy his beloved creations; Satan ended up being a pretty placid antagonist.

I beg to differ following my definition:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
SATANISM:
The ultimate dogmatic justification for ego/power-trip-ful self-centered narcissism.
(i.e. what all the Atheist politicians live by, where the religious factions of politicians tend to live by it too but also worship Lucifer in one form or another)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Lol, sorry, but that's not how it works around here. I start a thread about Jesus and before it gets 5 pages long I'm dealing with a witch, 2 warlocks, 3 New Agers, a Muslim, a Pagan, 6 Atheists, 4 Gnostics and 10 self-righteous religious works Pharisees in the thread saying Jesus isn't God and didn't die to redeem us.

All topics here are open to all members.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

Lol, sorry, but that's not how it works around here. I start a thread about Jesus and before it gets 5 pages long I'm dealing with a witch, 2 warlocks, 3 New Agers, a Muslim, a Pagan, 6 Atheists, 4 Gnostics and 10 self-righteous religious works Pharisees in the thread saying Jesus isn't God and didn't die to redeem us.

All topics here are open to all members.

I have ZERO interest in exchange with you.

You have no objective viewpoints. And you monopolize threads with your belief.

No Christian is more Christian then you, or is more knowledgeable then you - - - Yeah, we got it!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

While all topics are open to all members, Typical hasn't said a single thing on topic. No matter what gets posted, it will be replied to with geezus BS from the (wrong) bible. Apparently, a single sanctimonious Christian is indeed permitted to hijack a thread a spew the pus of "salvation" all over it.

Some Christians are so freaked out about the "unsaved" that they feel compelled to infect every cranny of the earth with their filth. Indeed, they are abscessed as well as obsessed, having so little of a real life that a digital life with "good guy badges" is far more attractive.

This discussion was obviously intended for an intelligent exchange of ideas, but it has been torpedoed by the two principal Satanic sins: stupidity and pretentiousness. The probability that a meaningful discussion will ensue with such a mentality present is slim.

While Typical will most certainly reply with more geezus crap, I'll no longer read it. It's all the same vomited rote goop. I'm content to scroll past the cross and ignore it (as I am wont to do in everyday life anyway).

Too bad there's no middle finger icon

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
The answer is easy enough...
The church of Satan has no important teachings at all...

You're basically correct. All Satanism really is, is a belief that humans are animals and should feel free to live as such. A lion kills for food, an ape kills to be in control...humans should not suppress their animal nature and desire. The problem is, is that humans need rituals and paraphernalia to satisfy their need for a "God". Satanism basically said...well...then worship Satan. Satan isn't even considered a real being by Satanism but a figurehead to satisfy and represent for the animal human.

In reality...if we hadn't gone so a stray as we have, we would all be Satanists.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wombocracy

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: CabablancaHizb
The most important thing the Church of Satan taught:

Satan is not real.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting the world to believe he doesn't exist.

Says the man holding the ankh. What is the true meaning of the ankh? Bet you don't know.

Tis a sexual symbol I believe. Isis related.

The bottom reminds me of the Tau and the top is rather obvious. The Tau represents (in my world) the rod of Moses.

If I am off feel free to correct because I am guessing based off a little knowledge. Egyptian spiritually is a topic I have just begun studying once I realized it was so awesome.

I'm not referring to the forward facing meaning, rather, the hidden meaning.

If a circle represents the feminine and the square represent the male (not in a sexual context), how does one get to an image of an ankh?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Satan is not real.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was getting the world to believe he doesn't exist.

Says the man holding the ankh. What is the true meaning of the ankh? Bet you don't know.

The bottom reminds me of the Tau and the top is rather obvious. The Tau represents (in my world) the rod of Moses.

If I am off feel free to correct because I am guessing based off a little knowledge. Egyptian spiritually is a topic I have just begun studying once I realized it was so awesome.

If a circle represents the feminine and the square represent the male (not in a sexual context), how does one get to an image of an ankh?

Oval = woman

Shaft = phallic

But, I don't think anyone knows for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A T T E N T I O N ! ! !

The topic of this thread is: "What were the Church of Satan's most important teachings?" Anyone is free to post in this thread if they stay ON TOPIC. Additional OT posts will be actioned.

Do not post about each other or your personalities. Play the ball, not the player!

Don't reply to this post.

thanks

argentus

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Satan is not real.

Ankh wiki

It represents the male triad and the female unit, under a decent form.

Mercury symbol is based off of it, similar to the venus symbol the mercury one is representing male and female.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If the circle represents the feminine (matriarch) and the square represents the masculine (patriarch) and both complete the whole, it's funny that the most profound "spiritual" symbol currently is the cross. It literally shows the de-evolution of truth.

We currently exist in a patriarch reality controlled by, well patriarchs (the masculine), the cross. The male form...the right brain or vise versa. There is no unity of the two. You can't even have a line without a circle. Well you can but it's incomplete as is our reality right now.

If there is a Satan, he almost certainly exists within the church. The line, the square, the patriarch, the phallis, the dick, the EGO.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jekka
a reply to: defiythelie

Thought I would, just for posterity's sake list ten of the more prominent branches of Satanism, both theistic and atheistic and bear in mind this is neither all inclusive nor fully descriptive:

1. The Satanic Temple - An Atheistic, symbolism based reverence of critical thinking over faith and science over the supernatural.

2. Luciferianism - Another Atheistic, symbolism based sect, centered around the "11 Luciferian points of Power", a series of guidelines meant to encourage self determination and being an "individual moral agent" in your own life.

3. Christian based Duotheism - This theistic branch accepts Christian dogmatic beliefs but sees the world as a fight between good and evil, though as they see it, Satan is the light who wants to free humans from the slavery of God.

4. Anti-Cosmic Satanism - Also known as Chaos-Gnosticism, believes that the orderly cosmos driven by God is an illusion and behind that is endless and formless chaos.

5. Transcendental Satanism - Created by Matt "The Lord" Zane after an '___' trip in which he had a vision of Satan making a pact with man before he was born that he would avoid hell by doing Satan's bidding but have no knowledge of such a deal and would instead lead others to hell while under the delusion he was doing God's work.

6. Demonolatry - Monotheistic Demonic reverence. They revere and "work with" various demons to aid in rituals or magic, and tend to choose one as a patron deity. Their interpretations of demons are that they are either sinners and tempters, as in Christianity, personified forces of energy or that they are gods in their own right.

7. Setians - Founded by LaVey's former right hand Michael Aquino who had a Martin Lutheresque issue with the Laveyan church. A theistic group who "beleive" in Set, Egyptian god of violence and disorder as the original Satanist and seek to acheive xeper, an Egyptian word meaning "I have come to being", basically an ascent to personal godhood.

8. Satanic Reds - View Satan as a dark force in existence since time began, believing that the origin of the word Satan is from the Sanskrit words Sat, meaning boundless darkness and Tan meaning permeation of all things. Through the Nine Satanic Postulates they believe each being is motivated by an inner force to constantly change and evolve according to its environment.

9. Polytheistic Satanism - The belief in many gods such as Satan/Azazel, Lilith, Prometheus, Ishtar, Pan and Lucifer-of-Sophia(sophia was a Gnostic Goddess with many parellels to Lucifer's story and Adam and Eve). Each represents social trends disliked by the religious right.

10. The Cult of Cthulu - Mixes Satanism with H.P. Lovecraft, black magic and the Left-Hand Path. Claims everyone is locked inside a paradigm called Generally Accepted Reality and has the power to shape their own reality according to willpower. It has a very fantastic creation story that I recommend looking up.

The point of this is that if you look hard enough, you can find a branch that justifies your prejudices or preconceived notions of Satanism in general. The reality is, unless you can come up with a reason to discredit Satanism that isn't also capable of discrediting your own faith (hint: you can't, and 'mine is older' doesn't count because yours used to be new at one point), you need to just agree to disagree and wait for death to either vindicate or disprove your own faith or theirs, or perhaps we are all wrong. Hard to say but that is what faith is for.

To help add to that I think this is a fair breakdown(also, see disclaimer on page), to compare and contrast to the Church of Satan's Rules;
Common beliefs of theistic (traditional) Satanists

Satan encourages freedom and self-knowledge. And, unlike some other spiritualities, most forms of Satanism are fully compatible with the desire for material success.

Most theistic Satanists believe that Satan does not dictate a system of morality (or anti-morality). Most believe -- at least for the most part -- that it is up to us to decide such matters for ourselves, both as individuals and as groups. (A group does need at least some agreed-upon rules for its members in order to function.)

Can't post it all- continued;

Others believe that Satan asks only that we know who we are and be true to ourselves.

It behooves us to act responsibly. We accept responsibility for all we do. We will choose our responsibilties ourselves and bear them willingly.

As public or semi-public Satanists, we are constrained by practical necessity to obey the laws of the land, though we may work for changes to laws with which we disagree.

More at Source

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If Mercury is the first circle from "God" the second is Venus. Incidentally, when you overlay the first circle with the second you get the vesica piscis (Venus), (vulva) ...add another circle you get the egg of life...interestingly, life exists on the third planet, I.e earth.

As above so below.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

If the circle represents the feminine (matriarch) and the square represents the masculine (patriarch) and both complete the whole, it's funny that the most profound "spiritual" symbol currently is the cross. It literally shows the de-evolution of truth.

We currently exist in a patriarch reality controlled by, well patriarchs (the masculine), the cross. The male form...the right brain or vise versa. There is no unity of the two. You can't even have a line without a circle. Well you can but it's incomplete as is our reality right now.

If there is a Satan, he almost certainly exists within the church. The line, the square, the patriarch, the phallis, the dick, the EGO.

Almost all, if not all, ancient symbols had to do with life -- all forms. Food, crops, procreation. Simple times.

Is it "Son of God"? Or "Sun God"?

Worshiping the Sun God makes a hell of a lot more sense for farmers.

The Cross is also a Pagan (people of the earth/farmers) symbol.

According to historians, there is zero mention or use of the Pagan Cross symbol anywhere connected to Christianity.

Myth Jesus would have been on a single pole stake - - no cross bar.

Where did the cross come from, then? J.C. Cooper, An Illustrated Encyclopaedia of Traditional Symbols, p. 45, aptly summarises it, "Cross - A universal symbol from the most remote times; it is the cosmic symbol par excellence." Other authorities also call it a sun-symbol, a Babylonian sun-symbol, an astrological Babylonian-Assyrian and heathen run-symbol, also in the form of an encircled cross referred to as a "solar wheel", and many other varieties of crosses. Also, "the cross represents the Tree of Life", the age-old fertility symbol, combining the vertical male and horizontal female principles, especially in Egypt, either as an ordinary cross, or better known in the form of the crux ansata, the Egyptian ankh (sometimes called the Tau cross), which had been carried over into our modern-day symbol of the female, well known in biology. www.albatrus.org...

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If Mercury is the first circle from "God" the second is Venus. Incidentally, when you overlay the first circle with the second you get the vesica piscis (Venus), (vulva) ...add another circle you get the egg of life...interestingly, life exists on the third planet, I.e earth.

As above so below.

Pretty cool

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I am going to guess by squaring the circle, although I have yet to investigate the actual meaning of that.

I keep meaning to see if Pythagoras taught that because that seems likely to me, but I am stumped at the moment.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

OK, if you put square inside of the circle you have the shapes needed for the top of the Ankh. With enough to make two.

Separate those and you have 2 tops. Remove the straight lines and form the bottom and you have 2 ankhs.

I just got a burst of inspiration and did that in my head but it sounds right.

Let me know.
edit on 30-6-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join