It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sorry but I'm in Bradford and many Asians voted out also. Bradford with a massive immigrant population voted 54% out.
It wasn't about race for most I think here anyhow It is about looking after what we have got and to be honest starting over again.
We will be fine we use get trade deals and such.
I still think it will not happen though but If they wriggle out of it....way more trouble.
I also think it was a big FU to london from the rest of the UK (I don't count scotland UK anymore).

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Corbyn speaking now....

Accepts the Brexit vote also.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's all starting to come apart. Northern Ireland could also join in the talks....Here we go.
Gibralta in talks with Scotland to stay in EU

One possibility under discussion is for Gibraltar and Scotland, which both voted to remain in the EU, to maintain the UK's membership of the bloc. Northern Ireland could also potentially be included in the talks. "I can imagine a situation where some parts of what is today the member state United Kingdom are stripped out and others remain," Mr Picardo told Newsnight. "That means that we don't have to apply again for access, we simply remain with the access we have today, and those parts that leave are then given a different sort of access, which is negotiated but not necessarily under Article 50," he said, referring to a provision in the Lisbon Treaty that sets out how a member state can voluntarily leave the Union.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Osborne does his first post Brexit international trade deal........With Columbia.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
It's all starting to come apart. Northern Ireland could also join in the talks....Here we go.

One possibility under discussion is for Gibraltar and Scotland, which both voted to remain in the EU, to maintain the UK's membership of the bloc. Northern Ireland could also potentially be included in the talks. "I can imagine a situation where some parts of what is today the member state United Kingdom are stripped out and others remain," Mr Picardo told Newsnight. "That means that we don't have to apply again for access, we simply remain with the access we have today, and those parts that leave are then given a different sort of access, which is negotiated but not necessarily under Article 50," he said, referring to a provision in the Lisbon Treaty that sets out how a member state can voluntarily leave the Union.

I'm cool with that, as long as it isn't my taxes that pay for it.

If the price of freedom from the EU is Scotland and Gibraltar going their separate ways, then that's just fine. At least we won't have to put up with Scots resenting us for a decision their king made hundreds of years ago.

As for Northern Ireland, that will be a whole different problem as whatever happens, there are two communities there who have to live with the consequences of any decision and it would be wrong to simply dictate a change upon one side or the other. That really needs to be handles by the people over there and in Eire.

ETA Solo, the comedy is strong with you today, first Rick Astley, now Ozzie the coke fiend

edit on 55pMon, 27 Jun 2016 11:42:55 -050020162016-06-27T11:42:55-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

If the price of freedom from the EU is Scotland and Gibraltar going their separate ways, then that's just fine. At least we won't have to put up with Scots resenting us for a decision their king made hundreds of years ago.

As for Northern Ireland, that will be a whole different problem as whatever happens, there are two communities there who have to live with the consequences of any decision and it would be wrong to simply dictate a change upon one side or the other. That really needs to be handles by the people over there and in Eire.

Scotland's King..? What decision are you talking about and when.?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Scotland's King..? What decision are you talking about and when.?

Union of the crowns, wasn't it? 16 something, King James the whatever became King of England and Scotland, then the parliaments were joined up about a hundred years later.

I could be wrong, but can't be arsed to google it, save to say, "It weren't me, guv."

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My friend who is a dual citizen of USA and UK was just notified her job working for the Spain's education system is ending and she has been given 90 days notice. She is looking for a job now in the private education sector in the Barcelona area, but will most likely have to leave Spain and return to Wales. It looks like EU members are going to start squeezing Brits to make them regret the referendum, even though she went home and voted to remain.

Edit to clarify. The job is not being removed, she is being fired with 90 days notice. Once she is gone or when she is about to leave they will fill her replacement. I just got confirmation 3 of her British friends who work in the same sector have been given the same notice.
edit on 27-6-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
My friend who is a dual citizen of USA and UK was just notified her job working for the Spain's education system is ending and she has been given 90 days notice. She is looking for a job now in the private education sector in the Barcelona area, but will most likely have to leave Spain and return to Wales. It looks like EU members are going to start squeezing Brits to make them regret the referendum, even though she went home and voted to remain.

Edit to clarify. The job is not being removed, she is being fired with 90 days notice. Once she is gone or when she is about to leave they will fill her replacement. I just got confirmation 3 of her British friends who work in the same sector have been given the same notice.

Can confirm this is widespread - education, arts and science relied on EU funding/travel, layoffs in the UK are also beginning as projects relocate to Europe.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can confirm this is widespread - education, arts and science relied on EU funding/travel, layoffs in the UK are also beginning as projects relocate to Europe.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

the Spanish have their own problems with high unemployment and a government in disarray.

eu funding/addiction to funding.
one of many areas that needs an overhaul. the amount of waste and corruption within the eu is well documented. Vatican vineyard scandal, great olive oil scandal, sign in sod off (siso scandal) the appalling mistreatment of refugees by proxy and farming out the human rights. complicit in the overthrow of middle east and African states then turning a blind eye on the blowback. it stinks and the quicker this kingdom (what will be left of it) detoxes the better.

a big shuffle is and will be the order of things. if the eu wishes to punish the uk fine go ahead.
it will show who has loyalty but there will be blowback.
f

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
S&P downgraded the UK with two steps and outlook is negative.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That is awful!
This is not the fault of Brexit though, this is the result of a bitter racist employer.
In the UK, all migrants who are here working are very welcome to stay.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
........doesn't matter.

edit on 27-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I want what the people want, not what some guy in a suite says. Not what the people who scream the loudest want. I stand by the people of England. It's sad that the EU will do everything it can to make an example of England in order to discourage others from doing the same thing, but ya know it is a certainty.
They elites act like that after joining the EU, all these Brit's suddenly became wealthy and now they are gonna lose it all. Truth is the average person woke up and went to work and did his best to make ends meet, then England joined the EU and the same guy woke up and went to work and did his best to make ends meet. And now that England left the EU...He is gonna get up and do his best to make ends meet. To quote Digital Underground..... All Around the World its the Same Song

Globalism is a devious business and those that have the most to gain are very accustomed to getting their way and nothing is beneath them, no action too foul, no deed too vile. Behind closed doors they will scheme and then will get on television and say how they tried to warn everybody.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Ok so what did her contract say?, No news regarding the Brexit date has been set "what if" it never happens?. (I am sure it will BUT)..

What is the actual reason for the "sacking" which I will add as we are still in the EU it is dangerously close to unfair dismissal and possible court action. Until it is final and everything is confirmed I cannot see how a employer in the EU can sack a work force due to the current state of the Brexit vote. All legislation and laws are still in place as are the court of Human rights and freedom of movement? and employment..

I can understand if a company was looking to expand and then curtailed the plans but how can someone in what I guess was a contracted roll be dismissed at this stage?...

EDIT:: I would guess since they are in the education sector they will have a trade union?..

RA
edit on 27-6-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

It's far simpler than that.

A company can choose to keep employing someone whose rights and visa etc... are all up in the air for the next few years or they can employ someone who has stability.

All employers with an ounce of common sense are going with the latter option. It has nothing to do with punishing the UK - it's just basic common sense to put resources and training into the more reliable option.

Also we were reliant on the EU human rights and workers rights to protect us from employers doing these things - if the cases ever made it to court we'd already be out the EU as it takes so long.

Sadly this is what we get when we vote to give up laws protecting us and multi-billion contracts in education and science. We've gt to get used to the fact that instead of leading the EU, we're now poodle of both EU and US.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Not one person anywhere within the EU and UK will lose the rights they currently hold.
This is laid out in the Vienna convention on treaties of 1969.

So no one's right to remain and work is actually at even the slightest risk.

It's just as important to protect people in the UK who are from the EU as it is expat Brits within the EU.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

if you think Scotland resents England for a decision made by power hungry greedy lords hundreds of years ago you are wrong.

I think everything that's come and gone since has to be added to the ever growing list of reasons Scots resent England.
When I say England I mean the lords and Mp's who make the most ridiculous laws which impinge upon our freedoms
and subjugate us as a people.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I would wager EU states have been asked to put pressure on Britain though. Education is a public sector so bends to the will of the state.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join