It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
countries you invaded, stole from, murdered it's population then left with your tail between you legs...

Only with the help of Scottish and Irish Redcoats I may add

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: Soloprotocol

Bollocks not sure were you got those figure from!

Scotland brings in 216 Billion in total, Greece 236 Billion.

Last I checked (and it might be different in Scotland) 236 billion is a bigger number than 216 billion.

And you never addressed by point? How would Scotland be more independent as a small part of Europe with a hand full of MEPs rather than a large party of the UK with a huge chunk of parliament?

It's in the link Scot.Gov...lol

We are talking two different figures.

You are talking GDP per Capita.

I'm talking about overall nominal GDP which is the overall economic clout of a country.

IE china GDP per Capita is a lot lower than the UK or Germany but there nominal GDP is far higher.

GDP per Capita is much of a good indicator of economic clout but a better indicator of standard of living and better wealth distribution. Different tools for different jobs.

Greece has a population double that of Scotland. Clown.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

On the subject of # football...Two brexits in 4 days.

Have your lot buggered off yet..Hurry up and sign the divorce papers...Sick of listening to your whinging and begging countries you invaded, stole from, murdered it's population then left with your tail between you legs...In the immortal words of Brittany Spears...You're Toxic..

Have you forgotten I'm Welsh or something, and Wales voted out of the EU as well? Last nights football was England's issue, not Britain's. Wales are in the quarter finals of the Euro's remember, or are you not watching it because Scotland didn't qualify?
No, all the whinging is from you Scots, so do one I say, won't affect my life in any tangible way at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Yeah of course it does. Which is why it wields more economic clout in the EU even though its economy is in dire straits.

China GDP per Capita is $8,239
UK is $43,771

Would you say the UK wields more economic clout? No it doesn't.

Even though china GDP per capita is $8,239 it wields more influence on a economic level because it its bigger.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I never thought I'd be doing this but here's a video of President O. talking about Brexit. (Please don't throw any eggs at me!)

"President Obama Cautions Against Hysteria Over Brexit Vote" via NPR:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I voted to leave the EU for a number of reasons, mostly all abstract and ideological. Britain was taken into the EU by stealth, and that alone raises an important principle, add to the fact that to be a member of the EU, a country has to cede sovereign power to it, and this raises probably the most important principle, yet somehow, over 16 million Britons either ignored it or didn't care about it, and this is what made the whole thing wholly incomprehensible to me.

The principle I am talking about is the power of the people, which should always remain in the hands of the people. It is from the people as whole, as a nation, from which authority is derived, and whereby law also derives its authority by consensus. This principle isn't just important for Britain, it is important for every country that sees itself as democratic. If the people do not have the nation's power of authority in their hands, then it is not and cannot be democratic. By the people holding the power of authority and grant that power to entrusted individuals through election, a nation holds itself together and abides by the result which the majority determines.

Hundreds of thousands of our own compatriots have fought and given their lives to ensure future generations can enjoy the democratic process and forever keep politicians accountable for how they manage the country. With the EU, there is neither election or accountability, and to be a member the people lose some or all of the power that is rightfully theirs to hold and keep.

If a country gives over sovereignty to the EU, what would be the point of holding an election, what would be the point of politicians in your own country? They are obviously defunct and redundant, because they have no power to wield, because the people's power has been siphoned off and given to the EU. If Britain had voted to remain in the EU, Britain would have become nothing more than a vassal state to the intended EU superstate, with no accountability for how the EU would treat Britain. Am I the only one who saw the danger in this. If it is not democratic, it can only be a tyranny.

Then there is the open border issue and free movement. I want to see highly regulated and highly controlled immigration. I don't want any Tom, Dick, or Harry, turning up on British shores. If people from other countries want to immigrate into Britain, let them do so educated, and possessing skill sets we badly need. We don't need people from other countries who can only pack and carry a box, or sit at a desk assembling things, we have many of our own people unemployed who can do that. Only by retaining sovereignty can a country control its own borders.

At the next general election here in Britain, the people need to look at their member of parliament. Did he or she want to remain in the EU, and all which that entailed? If so, we need to oust them out of office, every single one them, because in truth, and by their ideological contradiction, they cannot be trusted to serve for the British people. So, let's get rid of them, just on these principles alone.

Why would you cede power to the EU, and then stand solemnly at the many cenotaphs or war graves? It's a contradiction, and a lie, and hypocrisy. You cannot say you respect those real heroes, when you give away everything they fought for. That is betrayal of them and their memories.
edit on 28/6/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

countries you invaded, stole from, murdered it's population then left with your tail between you legs...

Yeah, you needed others to do your dirty work.

Get the # out of my Country.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yeah, you needed others to do your dirty work.

You mean Merkals country

Get used to the name Schottland.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Ewok is not in 'your' country, he is in England as am I.
Our country is still the UK whether you like it or not, and you are a traitor in my eyes, so get the # out of ours.
No loss to us whatsoever. #ing traitor.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Glad this conversation kept up a respectable standard.......

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

The EU has three main institutions. Two are democraticly elected and one is appointed by the other two.

The UK has three main institutions. One is democratic; one is hereditary and one is mix of appointment, hereditary and religious.

Not sure we can lecture the EU on democratic principles.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Everyone needs to watch this:

HUMANITY vs INSANITY #75 : EU Referendum Psy-Op

On 24th June 2016, precisely 7 years, 7 months, 7weeks, & 7 days after the Global Financial Collapse of 29th September 2008, it was announced that the population of the United Kingdom had voted by 52/48% to LEAVE the EU ... but is this all part of the plan to bring about the FINAL DESTRUCTION of ALL European Nation States? Was this the event that Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the IMF, was alluding to in her infamous 'Magic Sevens' speech at the National Press Club in Washington DC on 15th January 2014?

Not just this, but election rigging, privatisation, media cover up and propaganda.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think I found the Herald Article 8th May 2016 they talk about at the beginning of video. This was not covered on any other media source, BBC, ITV etc.

Herald Scotland Concerns raised over senior Tory MP link to election count firm

A TORY MP is a director of a company that has become a major player in how elections are managed in Scotland, it has emerged. Concerns have been raised with the Electoral Commission about the involvement with Idox of former Tory Cabinet minister Peter Lilley, who is a senior non-executive director. Idox has had a hand in providing count software, including postal vote management support, among other services, for elections since at least 2012.

Three years ago, Idox said they were the largest provider of electoral management systems in the UK, covering a voting population of 13 million. It describes itself as "one of the premier election service providers in the UK, providing outstanding expertise and knowledge across all areas of election management".

edit on 28/6/2016 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: YarlanZey
I think I found the Herald Article 8th May 2016 they talk about at the beginning of video. This was not covered on any other media source, BBC, ITV etc.

Herald Scotland Concerns raised over senior Tory MP link to election count firm

A TORY MP is a director of a company that has become a major player in how elections are managed in Scotland, it has emerged. Concerns have been raised with the Electoral Commission about the involvement with Idox of former Tory Cabinet minister Peter Lilley, who is a senior non-executive director. Idox has had a hand in providing count software, including postal vote management support, among other services, for elections since at least 2012.

Three years ago, Idox said they were the largest provider of electoral management systems in the UK, covering a voting population of 13 million. It describes itself as "one of the premier election service providers in the UK, providing outstanding expertise and knowledge across all areas of election management".

Keep an eye on this Guy and his Company IDOX. Tory MP Peter Lilley. Mr Lilley and IDOX will be the difference between in or out. Regardless how we vote.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
All Scots should be reading this.
just a summary,
European Superstate as described by Juncker on 27 June 2016
NO individual states.
ONE currency,
ONE Central bank
ONE Tax system,
ONE Law,
ONE Army
ONE refugee system.
The loss of ALL individual border controls.
ALL of these will be run from BRUSSELS
So WHO is Ms Krankie working for. I think it is SHE not YOU.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

The EU has three main institutions. Two are democraticly elected and one is appointed by the other two.

The UK has three main institutions. One is democratic; one is hereditary and one is mix of appointment, hereditary and religious.

You don't understand it all then.

In the UK the elected house has primacy and any elected members can draft laws.
In the EU the unelected commission can draft laws, not the elected MEP'S.

Simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

And it begs the question if Scotland wants to break away then should it not have a border built with England?

It also raises questions such as Manchester voted remain so can it breakaway as well?
Ms Krankie seems to think being Scottish gives you special powers.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
All Scots should be reading this.
just a summary,
European Superstate as described by Juncker on 27 June 2016
NO individual states.
ONE currency,
ONE Central bank
ONE Tax system,
ONE Law,
ONE Army
ONE refugee system.
The loss of ALL individual border controls.
ALL of these will be run from BRUSSELS
So WHO is Ms Krankie working for. I think it is SHE not YOU.

Wow. Brexit called them out!!!!!

52% of those that voted said we don't want to be dictated to and tyranny is revealed.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
ScepticScot:

I note that you ignore the point about ceding sovereign power. The only democratic part to the EU is the election of national representatives from our general election, all the rest is non-democratic. There are five presidencies to the EU, none of which are elected by the people.. Accountability in the EU is pretty much non-existent.

You should stick to the principles:
Power should remain in the hands of the people at all times.
Accountability at all times.
Self-rule at all times. Not some self-rule, but full self-rule at all times.
Thanks for your ignominious comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: ScepticScot

You don't understand it all then.

In the UK the elected house has primacy and any elected members can draft laws.
In the EU the unelected commission can draft laws, not the elected MEP'S.

Simple.

Which only become law when accepted by the democraticly elected parliament and the council made up of democratic governments.

As I have said above the EU has many flaws but trying to claim it is completely undemocratic is just wrong.

Let's compare to the UK. Laws are proposed and voted in parliament where currently a party has a majority with just 37% of the vote. It then is reviewed and can be rejected by an unelected second chamber including hereditary and religious appointments. Finally it needs rubber stamped by a hereditary head of state.

If you where describing both systems to an alien which one sounds more democratic?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join