It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: fakedirt

What annoys me with the Nats is their delusions that everything will be on their terms.
Sturgeon wants to keep the pound, keep The Queen and have open borders and free trading with rUK but also wants independence whilst remaining in the EU, an EU that openly states it wants Brussels to have authority over all national elected assemblies and has zero regard for nationhood.
Its absolute, total and utter bollocks and I'm amazed that even the most bigoted and hate driven Nats like Solo can't see it for what it really is.

You really dont see a fault in what you just said above?...Shall i point out the glaringly obvious flaw./Flaws?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If I was Scottish I'd rather have groundskeeper willie then that garbage pail kid sturgeon on da looose!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

.... the UK is virtually leaderless,

The lack of leadership from any quarter just shows how lacking those in power and positions of responsibility really are at present.

Those who wish to see radical reform of our electoral and parliamentary processes really should be jumping into the void.

Regardless, anyone with any clear cut vision and authority could really take a lead here.

.....one of the more sensible suggestions this weekend is to re-unify Ireland.

That will only ever happen if the majority of people living in Northern Ireland actually support that, there is nothing to suggest that is the case at present.
However, if such a scenario does come about then the people of Ulster deserve every right to go to the polls to decide who they want to govern them.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

will the English parliament ... allow the use of gbp in the meantime?

There's nothing to stop Scotland - or indeed any country - from using GBP, whether we like it or not.

The problem is that you are completely unsupported by any central issuing bank and you are at the whim of the economics of the country issuing the currency.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

At last the penny drops. That's the Referendum you should have had last Thursday. Now we are getting somewhere.

Why would you prioritise a zit on your arse over a cancerous lump in your colon? The Referendum dealt with exactly the right matter. The zit can be popped later if needs be.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
If I was Scottish I'd rather have groundskeeper willie then that garbage pail kid sturgeon on da looose!

Ahhh Garbage Pail Kids - loved those in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
Hell, it's got to be bad when one of the more sensible suggestions this weekend is to re-unify Ireland.

The obstacle to reunifying Ireland has always been that the northerners themselves didn't want it. Nobody else had any objection (the Liberals tried to give them away in 1914). I don't see that as having changed.
That thought has prompted me to start offering a counter-suggestion; if the Scots go their own way, it would make logistic and historical sense to reunite Ulster with Scotland.
edit on 26-6-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

If only it was that simple.

There is no question of punishment, England brings it on itself and will have to negotiate a deal in order to not lose its export market in the EU.
A ordened brexit will be prefered with new treaties between England and other economies such as the EU and the US, Russia, China and so on.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

A second referendum in Scotland will certainly be interesting as many of the previous economic arguments went up in smoke e.g. high oil process forever, and the SNP is not really making a good fist of education and the NHS.

Assumptions on using Sterling et al, are just that - assumptions. Fact is that Scotland would probably end up with the Euro as a price of joining the EU. Ho hum.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Scotland had there say and they voted to stay in the UK

We cant keep going round and round in referendums.

Sort the EU exist out first, we cant get distracted by whinging scots who cant make there mind up.
edit on 26-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Been reading the European media during the last hour. Interesting. Deutsche Welle are leading on Sturgeon's assertion that the Scottish Parliament can block Brexit. Also that some commentators think the EU would be receptive to the idea of Scotland declaring independence just before Brexit, with Scotland being the successor state and remaining in the EU, with England leaving and following their own chosen path.

That's do-able, surely ?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Been reading the European media during the last hour. Interesting. Deutsche Welle are leading on Sturgeon's assertion that the Scottish Parliament can block Brexit. Also that some commentators think the EU would be receptive to the idea of Scotland declaring independence just before Brexit, with Scotland being the successor state and remaining in the EU, with England leaving and following their own chosen path.

That's do-able, surely ?

She's got more chance of blocking the channel tunnel with one of her turds !

Ooh wait

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That's do-able, surely ?

Sounds fair enough to me. But wait...Westminster wants to keep us...Now i wonder why?...must be for our rugged good looks and Charm.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sounds like everyone wants Scotland now , watch out else they will take all your ....erm.

Well you have the Loch Ness monster .. Erm

# what you got

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Solo, what would be your position if you had a 2nd ref and the result was still to remain in the uk?

Would there come a point where you decide enough is enough and just get on with things or is it something you can't ever give up?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

Solo, what would be your position if you had a 2nd ref and the result was still to remain in the uk?

Would there come a point where you decide enough is enough and just get on with things or is it something you can't ever give up?

Never give up. Scotland and it's people deep down wants and needs to go it's own way. People got scared off at the last referendum. The Media and lies spun was enough to tip the balance in favour of the No vote. Just look at project fear from both sides of the in/out debate and how the media conducted itself as an example.

Democracy?..pffft. As long as the Politicians keep lying and the MSM keep pushing their agendas there is no such thing as democracy in the UK.

We had all that bull# before you did, only worse. oh and by the Way..The BBC was just as bad as the rest of the propaganda machine that was in full flow before the Scottish referendum...Anyone outside Scotland wouldn't have seen the Headlines or heard the debates the way we did. Heavily weighted towards No.

Guys like Murdoch and Rothermere could put guys like Liam Brady and Peter Sutcliffe into 10 and 11 downing street..They control every political decision by tipping the balance, They know what part of the voting demographic to target, when to target it and how to target it. It's all about lies and fear. Democracy is a fallacy.

Tens of Millions of people in the UK get their political info from guys like Murdoch and Rothermere by buying into the # they call journalism...They just dont know they are being played.

I have no doubt whatsoever Scotland has what it takes to be a successful independent country....Dont believe the lies and dont fall for the fear.

The reason Scotland voted to stay in the EU and England and Wales voted to leave is simple..The Media pushed the Immigration agenda over and over again until people who had never even came into contact with either a refugee or a migrant were enraged by what they were Reading and listening to. I'm talking through experience here..I saw and heard it up here also and some of those enraged people were family members of mine. It was a lesson on xenophobia and downright racism. In fact i doubt very much they even understand what those two words mean they are so ignorant on the subject. Ask them anything about the EU and our membership...Blank, they had nothing.

Scotland saw right through the bull#. England fell for it...Lesson...Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

So no then?

I totally get what you are saying re msm and especially Murdoch.

Thinking the English and Welsh voted leave because of immigrants is a fallacy though.
I know I didn't. Every one of my friends and family who voted leave did so for a variety of reasons, as no doubt did the 1 million Scots.

If you do get your way, I'd rather see you lot stay out of the EU because if you think being part of the UK family is bad, joining the continentals will send you round the bloody bend.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

from the great olive oil scandal to siso through to the farming out of human rights with billions of euros to a questionable country towards the treatment of refugees brought about by European interests in the middle east/north africa. need I elaborate further?
the current political cull collectively right now is hovering around a dozen. may it continue.

f

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I think any other EU country that leaves should band together with us and form a new TRADE ONLY union that is flexible, robust and fair.

I don't think some countries are strong enough (economically) to leave. To be honest with you, even the UK still doesn't know what the future holds. I think all eyes are on the UK now to see how this will evolve in the next couple of years.

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That was a really good video and perhaps one that the bigwigs in the EU ought to watch, lest they lose the whole EU.

Good video indeed, but even though Italians have been wanting to leave the EU and Euro, they won't be able to as their finances are worst than ever.

edit on 26-6-2016 by Agartha because: Spelling...

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Solo, I don't understand you - you're trying desperately to blame England and the English people whilst making out the Scots are somehow enlightened and above being hoodwinked.

Its you who have been lied to - you believe the MSM bollocks that anyone who voted OUT was racially motivated - absolute nonsense.

You say 'we', the English have been led by our nose - yet it was big business, the Establishment, MSM, elitist politicians who were backing the Remain campaign. But we defied them, saw through their bollocks, refused to be bullied and intimidated and voted with our conscience.
In an effort to support your pre-conceived mis-conceptions you choose to believe the PC driven MSM nonsense that all OUT supporters are neo-Nazi goose-stepping psychopaths - total idiocy.

Again, you try to push your personal anti-English agenda and bigotry at every single opportunity.

edit on 26/6/16 by Freeborn because: grammar

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join