It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Votes to Leave EU

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So no then?

I totally get what you are saying re msm and especially Murdoch.

Thinking the English and Welsh voted leave because of immigrants is a fallacy though.
I know I didn't.

Funny how no-one ever owns up to the fact the decision to leave was predominantly based on immigration and refugees coming over here stealing our wimmin and shagging our jobs...All joking aside.

It's the only bloody argument i heard. Now if you are trying to tell me this is not the case and you never heard anyone talk about Migrants and refugees in the same breath as Brexit then i'm afraid i have to call you out as a liar.

As i said, The Media brainwashed a nation into voting out the other night by using migration and refugees as the scapegoats for Bankers failings and Tory Cuts, there is no other way to dress this up.

Hungarians and Polish migrants never caused your Hospital and doctors waiting times to go up. Hungarians and Polish migrants never cost your child an education..Bankers bailouts, Tax dodging bastards and Tory austerity did.

The masses need to wake the # up to who actually presses our buttons here. Some people are too old and not social media savvy to know any different. Some see a headline and take it as fact, Some listen to the gravel path politician next door and just go with the flow because he/she seems to know what he's talking about. some, not a lot, make decisions because they have genuinely looked at the facts at hand, understood them, then came to a conscious decision.. This guy/gal i respect.

The younger, media savvy generation have the tools we didn't have and should know better and i would say the majority are politically clued up. well, up here they seem to be more active. These days with the power we have at our disposal..ie, the internet, it's us, the people who should be in charge of our own destiny..Should be...The reality is we are not. [
edit on 26-6-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Where the #s the rest of my post...What's up with this place today.?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

And again that is WHY remain failed. You failed to even acknowledge any problem.

Rather than bleating about racism why did the remain camp and EU come up with a plan for:

1) building the hospital, schools amd houseing in a crash building project.

2) comeing up with a real and credible plan for EU reform.

3) come up with a safe and responsible way to handle the refugee crisis, rather than just let them in a hope for the best, which isn't fair on us or them.

Instead you ignored people and patronised them while brussels dithered and stalled.

edit on 26-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is succesfully blocking the referendum something that is within Scotland's power to do or even in their right? I'm failing to see that actually happen.

I always thought Westminster overrides them. So it seems like a pointless delaying tactic?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Mammoth

Scotland voted to remain with the uk regarding the indy referendum. i'm sad that she then voted to stay in the eu against the wishes of the majority of the uk. stand through thick and thin? seems the bride doesn't like the bed chambers anymore and wishes alternative comfort.

f.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Instead you ignored people and patronised them while brussels dithered and stalled.

Sorry, didn't realise i was in charge...if you give me until Tuesday i'll come up with plan z.

Failed to acknowledge a problem.? No, I know there is a problem and i know who is responsible for the problem...Read my post again.

Just to clarify things. I was not in any camp, especially with anything that Cambridge Oxford and Eton #s out. I made my decision because it didn't want the xenophobic fascists to win.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
a reply to: Mammoth

Scotland voted to remain with the uk regarding the indy referendum. i'm sad that she then voted to stay in the eu against the wishes of the majority of the uk. stand through thick and thin? seems the bride doesn't like the bed chambers anymore and wishes alternative comfort.

f.

Here's a guy with a time machine...Thou doth protest to much.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

If all you listened to was the telly people then I understand why you may think mass immigration was the only ticket in town.

If you'd have talked to real people then you'd have heard the real reasons.
Democratic accountability, sovereignty, the fear that the EU was a sinking ship we needed to be free of, too many bs rules that made people's lives worse, not better .

It's a long list. Yes, no immigration controls plays a part, but even that was about numbers rather than race for most people.

Believing otherwise just shows you aren't as free of the MSM brainwashing as you'd like to believe.

edit on 58pSun, 26 Jun 2016 16:35:58 -050020162016-06-26T16:35:58-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

If all you listened to was the telly people then I understand why you may think mass immigration was the only ticket in town.

Democratic accountability, sovereignty, the fear that the EU was a sinking ship we needed to be free of, too many bs rules that made people's lives worse, not better .

It's a long list. Yes, no immigration controls plays a part, but even that was about numbers rather than race for most people.

Believing otherwise just shows you aren't as free of the MSM brainwashing as you'd like to believe.

I make a point of not watching TV or reading press....can i ask you why you believe different..I certainly never said otherwise.?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It's 26/06/2016 @ 22:44 and still article 50 has not been invoked...What's the hold up.

link   

I made my decision because it didn't want the xenophobic fascists to win.

Yet again you attempt to tar and label anyone and everyone in the Brexit camp as fascist Nazi's.....all this to excuse your alignment with Establishment elitists, big business and multi-national corporations, globalist NWO supporters, POTUS, MSM, and every other proponent of everything you have previously alleged to hate and despise.

I think this is more about convincing yourself why you support the globalist agenda than it is about convincing us.

link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

I make a point of not watching TV or reading press....can i ask you why you believe different..I certainly never said otherwise.?

Merely from talking with other people about getting out, from guys at the bike club to random folks when I'm out and about.

The politicians pretty much did everyone's heads in by sticking to arguments no on really cared for while ignoring the real issues. At times it was like vote leave was a sham who's job was to lose the referendum to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It's 26/06.2016 @ 22:44 and still article 50 has not been invoked...What's the hold up.

I don't know....the lack of leadership and the amount of party political squabbling has been an absolute disgrace.

Its almost as if the elitist establishment genuinely believed that this referendum was a done deal and we'd vote Remain.
The OUT vote is against the agenda.
Boris Johnson no more wanted the UK to vote out than Cameron did.

If only we had a decent Opposition to step into the breach....but they are as incompetent and complicit as the #ing Tories.

Why?
Because they all piss in the same pot and drink from the same trough.
All they want is for the Merry-go-round to continue.....unfortunately the British people have put a huge #ing spanner in works!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sorry, didn't realise i was in charge...if you give me until Tuesday i'll come up with plan z.

Failed to acknowledge a problem.? No, I know there is a problem and i know who is responsible for the problem...Read my post again.

Just to clarify things. I was not in any camp, especially with anything that Cambridge Oxford and Eton #s out. I made my decision because it didn't want the xenophobic fascists to win.

Except labour did fail to plan for the population growth and the torys not only continued that but also cut.

Unless you can invent a time machine then we are stuck in a situation of too many people and not enough low income houseing and public services.

No the immigrants are not to blame.

But it still doesn't change the fact we have too many people and not enough resources.

Which means we need to build new schools, hospitals and homes.

But they dont pop up overnight. They take years to plan and build.

But its not fair in the mean time on the british people or the immigrants to take more in than we can house, educate and medically cope with.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

It's 26/06.2016 @ 22:44 and still article 50 has not been invoked...What's the hold up.

I don't know....the lack of leadership and the amount of party political squabbling has been an absolute disgrace.

Its almost as if the elitist establishment genuinely believed that this referendum was a done deal and we'd vote Remain.
The OUT vote is against the agenda.
Boris Johnson no more wanted the UK to vote out than Cameron did.

If only we had a decent Opposition to step into the breach....but they are as incompetent and complicit as the #ing Tories.

Why?
Because they all piss in the same pot and drink from the same trough.
All they want is for the Merry-go-round to continue.....unfortunately the British people have put a huge #ing spanner in works!

Oh the spanner is huge alright. Do you think Cameron resigned because it was the "right thing to do"?

He's off because he's a gutless spineless bastard and doesn't want to be the one to take us out when it was basically his party's manifesto that led us to this point. Where the # are the rest of them..Where's the financial whizz Osbourne..The Country is in deep # financially and he's nowhere to be seen. Someone needs to put his face on milk cartons. I believe he may have been snatched from the street.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Actually, I'm not sure it is.
That sounds like something a politician from America in 1958 would say.

It was a Farmer saying it. When was the last time you saw a Farmer out shopping. ?

My relatives are farmers. They have two large deep freezers and a backup generator. They don't have time to go shopping every week, so they go shopping once every month.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

He hates everything that may get in his way of realising is dream

A Independent Scotland replublican style (Irish)

They know that their first attampt failed.. they tried to sell that one on oil.

Now the arse has fallen out of oil.. they need the EU.

So lets get free and then shackle ourselves to the Globalists.

Pathetic.

edit on Sun, 26 Jun 2016 17:05:25 -0500055America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

For once I can't disagree with a single thing in your post.

I think they are absent because they really didn't believe this could happen.
They haven't got a clue what to do next - the priority of all the major political party's, the Civil Servants, the banksters etc is to maintain the status quo.

Someone needs to take the initiative and lead from the front.

And we need to show these corrupt, amoral shysters up for the vermin they actually are.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Except labour did fail to plan for the population growth and the torys not only continued that but also cut.

Unless you can invent a time machine then we are stuck in a situation of too many people and not enough low income houseing and public services.

No the immigrants are not to blame.

But it still doesn't change the fact we have too many people and not enough resources.

Which means we need to build new schools, hospitals and homes.

But they dont pop up overnight. They take years to plan and build.

But its not fair in the mean time on the british people or the immigrants to take more in than we can house, educate and medically cope with.

In 45 the UK had # all. I mean Nothing. No Money, No housing, No NHS, No Welfare system and we owed the US and others money that would not be payed off for 60+ years....in that time we built hospitals, Schools. houses, had a welfare system that was the envy of the world, Built an NHS that was the envy of the world. wtf happened.?

How did we manage to do all that with nothing. Not a pot to piss in, when now, building one #ing school is beyond us without paying a private contractor to build and maintain it for decades at huge costs to the tax payer. Someone needs shot...in the face.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just to say that the European press & news outlets are giving some prominence to Sturgeon's threat to refuse to consent to the Brexit legislation. ElPais, Le Figaro, Sud Deutsche Zeitung, Aftenpost, Liberation all covering that part of the story, also many European tv news stations are showing Sturgeon's earlier BBC/Sky News interviews. Seem to be also covering the desire of many Scots to remain in the EU, possibility of another Scots independence vote.

I guess this coverage is pretty important, helps get Sturgeon's message across to the powers that be in Europe.

In other news, Sturgeon has invited EU Consuls General in Edinburgh to a meeting, to get her views over to EU diplomatic representatives.

Also ... significantly ... Scottish Labour's executive committee has now initiated internal discussion to consider whether they are now prepared to support Scottish independence, "to do the best for Scotland and interests of the working people within it". Despite their less than stellar performance in elections recently, if Scottish Labour endorse independence then I'm pretty certain that the nations of the UK will soon part company.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join