It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Ready to Vote on Gun Bans

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah it WAS necessary. You honestly think that many slave owners would just give up their chattel without being forced to?

...actually I figure a better question was "could the north have run their sweat shops for pennies a day without the amendment providing them cheap labor?" but I digress. The amendment sure helped prevent massive bloodshed, didn't it?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Rights are not subject to excise taxes. Purchases and sales of goods are.

Again, it's right there in Article I, Section 8 ... you have your copy of the Constitution in your shirt pocket don't you?

Ah, so you would be in full support of an individual's right to build their own firearm, including a machine gun, and not be taxed or licensed to do so since they are not purchasing any goods but are simply exercising their 2nd Amendment right? I'd be on board with that...

In terms of questions about the excise tax, sure. Jedi had to construct their own light-sabres.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd like to know what is going to happen on the day that the Good Guys don't win and the government finally decides to infringe on the rights of the people.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The amendment sure helped prevent massive bloodshed, didn't it?

Not really, a start though. It didn't really get much grip for another 100 years. That Creator works slowly.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So then how is the National Firearms Act Constitutional, as it goes well beyond excise taxes and even lays out prohibitions of the DIY folks?

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'd like to know what is going to happen on the day that the Good Guys don't win and the government finally decides to infringe on the rights of the people.

I'd like to think it would mark the great war between the Good Guys and the Assess of Evil, or "Skeet," as they may well be called if that happens.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah it WAS necessary. You honestly think that many slave owners would just give up their chattel without being forced to?

By the same people that were going around putting the natives on reservations, and killing them outright.

From a historical perspective.

I can see history repeating.

Brother against brother because people no longer have their second amendment right.

And the kicker ?

Gunz would be used to kill them off.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Preaching to the choir Bro. What we did to the Natives, both countries, was unconscionable. Things aren't mutually exclusive.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I'd like to think it would mark the great war between the Good Guys and the Assess of Evil, or "Skeet," as they may well be called if that happens.

It's nice to think that way, but judging by what I see on these pages, I'm afraid too many would cheer.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

What I don't get is why you defend this stupidity.

After all that same government invaded your country.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

It's nice to think that way, but judging by what I see on these pages, I'm afraid too many would cheer.

That's fine, I've always enjoyed crushing dreams and getting booed.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's nothing.

Some people have more star power than others.

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Lots of Sheites Hitting Fans .

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Pass whatever laws you want.

I'm not giving you people my firearms.

That goes double for the criminals who have illegal weapons or are felons not allowed to own them.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: projectvxn
Pass whatever laws you want.

I'm not giving you people my firearms.

That goes double for the criminals who have illegal weapons or are felons not allowed to own them.

Indeed.

Criminals love gun control. It gives them job security.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The thread title should be changed to:

Congress votes to make a 'safe space' for mass shooters.

By the grace of GOD.

The Gunphobes were soundly defeated.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

By the grace of ALLAH . You Stand Corrected .........

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

By the grace of ALLAH . You Stand Corrected .........

True.

And to think after the last eight years of using every 'tragedy' to push the same agenda.

They keep getting defeated.

Like the energizer bunny.

They keep going, and going,

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Jeez. It's all the same. I call it the Sacred Pineapple.

posted on Jun, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Jeez. It's all the same. I call it the Sacred Pineapple.

Just don't you DARE draw a ####ing picture of the Sacred Pineapple!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join