It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Ready to Vote on Gun Bans

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

Any legislation on combatting, uh. . . . you know. . . . . terrorism?

There is no such thing as "terrorism", all these attacks are just "lone wolf" nut jobs that have been mentally brainwashed by those evil black guns.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Kali74

Sounds good to me. I'd much rather leave it to the states and my own state legislature than a bunch of asshats from a district halfway across the country who don't know anything about the issue or the people of my state and who don't care to learn.

They may have actually got that one right. If the people in the state want it banded then ban it. Same as ALL the other issues Liberals whine about. Then when all the states way in on the issues we can all pick the one we want to live in. I would think that with 50 states everyone SHOULD be able to find on that matches the liking. I bet a few are going to be VERY empty though.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Instead of going after the firearms of law abiding citizens who have every right to have them, maybe the US should do something about that monster of a terrorist group they created known as the Islamic State? Probably a good idea to go after their financial backers in the region too.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Well, I guess their just going to have to do another mass shooting event. School..check, church..check, gay bar..check. I guess a shopping mall is next? Maybe that will work.

One thing is FOR SURE. If there is one; it will be in a "GUN FREE ZONE".

Look it up ALL but 2 of the mass shooings in the past 15-20 years have been in one of these "GUN FREE ZONE".

Nothing says "easy target" better then having one of those signs posted.

edit on 21-6-2016 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Terrorists and bad guys will get weapons. My concern is people who have mental issues that are not compatible with firearms, rage waiting to explode. Aren't the first two racking up the most kills.

50 killed in a club or 50 killed in a week in Chicago - the first is a bigger deal because it was by one person. Still 50 dead. Most of the second group of 50 has already been written off by society.

I can see the concern for what was an average person walking in with a weapon that can easily be used to fire 100s of rounds in a few minutes.

Question:

Do semi automatic rifles need to be legally allowed in public? Or should they be kept in homes and businesses?

I am in support of the right of citizens to possess firearms and to defend their homes.

i.imgflip.com...

I think this pretty much covers it

edit on 21-6-2016 by dismanrc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: xuenchen

None of those Idiots in the Senate can't seem to Understand how Any Bill they bring up in the attempt to Amend the Second Amendment will stop these things from happening Again .The Only way to stop Future Radical islamic inspired Terrorists Attacks is to screen ALL Muslims coming into the United States Thoroughly , and make Damn sure the American People are Protected from those who could Conceivably Pose a Threat . Also , Gun Free Zones should be Suspended in Areas where Possible Future Acts of Terror could be Perpetrated for the Sole Purpose of Killing innocent People . Americans DEMAND to Enforce their God Given RIGHT to Defend Themselves and their Loved Ones from the Animals that the Federal Government Can't or Won't seem to Control by themselves at this moment .

You know, there is an Amendment before the Second, known as the First. You may want to read it sometime.

The government cannot act prejudicially against religions.

Um I think we need to look at that one also.

The Founding Father wrote that when only hand set, hand cranked presses where in use. They never imagined these new evil high speed presses that print muitiple pages a second. and this internet thing... I just don't think thats what they had in mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

Terrorists and bad guys will get weapons. My concern is people who have mental issues that are not compatible with firearms, rage waiting to explode. Aren't the first two racking up the most kills.

50 killed in a club or 50 killed in a week in Chicago - the first is a bigger deal because it was by one person. Still 50 dead. Most of the second group of 50 has already been written off by society.

I can see the concern for what was an average person walking in with a weapon that can easily be used to fire 100s of rounds in a few minutes.

Question:

Do semi automatic rifles need to be legally allowed in public? Or should they be kept in homes and businesses?

I am in support of the right of citizens to possess firearms and to defend their homes.

i.imgflip.com...

Classic ignorance. There IS a PROBLEM and most people DO know about it. Problem is that lots of Americans don't care about it and hide behind generic statements and bravado.

The Founding Father wrote that when only hand set, hand cranked presses where in use. They never imagined these new evil high speed presses that print muitiple pages a second. and this internet thing... I just don't think thats what they had in mind.

Yet your intrepreation of the 2nd Amendment is fine? Despite it being completely out-dated and irrelevant to modern society you still cling to its every word. Yet one that prevents casual racism needs changing? Unbelievable.
edit on 21-6-2016 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Question:

i.imgflip.com...

Classic ignorance. There IS a PROBLEM and most people DO know about it. Problem is that lots of Americans don't care about it and hide behind generic statements and bravado.

Yet your intrepreation of the 2nd Amendment is fine? Despite it being completely out-dated and irrelevant to modern society you still cling to its every word. Yet one that prevents casual racism needs changing? Unbelievable.

The United States has more gun deaths with it's 300 million people than countries with 60 million and 80 million (Britain and Germany)

Who would've thought it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: neo96

Wow. The Creator was about a century slow in giving Blacks rights. Slacker.

In fact that was a major sticking point in the creation of the Constitution. Many wanted to grant full citizenship, but they never could of gotten it ratified by the southern sates. So they ende up kicking the whole idea down the road by adding the slavery clauses.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

originally posted by: SudoNim

Question:

i.imgflip.com...

The United States has more gun deaths with it's 300 million people than countries with 60 million and 80 million (Britain and Germany)

Who would've thought it.

Try reading it again. PER 100,000.

Find another excuse to ignore the stats.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
We can use memes as facts now? Source please?

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: neo96

Again, you conflate restrictions on some weapons to all weapons.

The Second gives Americans a right to own and carry weapons.

The US Constitution, and the State Constitutions, give the various levels of government the power to place limits on sales and what kinds of weapons are available for sale through various powers over commerce, general welfare, public safety, etc.g

Your absolutist argument seems more and more childish everytime I see it posted.

Not quite right. Under the 10th Amendment any such laws would fall to the states.

Also there is general welfare clause. Even James Madison said this was NOT broad power ment to allow Congress to pass any law it wanted, because that conflicted with the very idea of a limited government and did not grant government any more power then what was already innumerate in the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
To all Americans with assault rifles and future banned weapons:

Bury them right now. Don't wait another minute. Don't let them get your weapons. We got f*cked over here in Oz. They're coming for your steel, it's only a matter of time...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Yeah, I'm fine with freedom.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: leastofthese
To all Americans with assault rifles and future banned weapons:

Bury them right now. Don't wait another minute. Don't let them get your weapons. We got f*cked over here in Oz. They're coming for your steel, it's only a matter of time...

Bury the guns you desperately need to protect yourself.

Logic.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrepid

Huh? Most Hollywood villains of Arab decent were pre-9/11 and a result of the Iran Hostage fiasco. Since 9/11, most Hollywood villains have either been caucasian businessmen, Brits, the ocassional Russian, or Asian... although even the Asian villains are becoming less common thanks to the pandering to the Asian markets by Hollywood.

The next villins will be computer generated stick people so has not to offend anybody. And the hero will be black Asian male transgender alian, Just to make sure noone else is offended. And the action part of the movie will be the two siting at a table hurling insensitive remarks at each other until they have to go to their safe spaces.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: leastofthese

I'll be honest here, as gung ho as I can get when it comes to the idea of some jackboot moron trying to take my rifles from me, it's probably not going to happen.

The AR15 is less of a model of rifle than it is an open source weapons platform. The sheer number of weapon that could fall into the "black rifle" category is so vast that the backlash from such a ban would be undoubtedly quick and very violent.

The government knows that. They aren't stupid. The day they ban the modern musket will be the day you can start counting down to the end of the US.

It is an existential problem. It would be like nuking a US city. The response would be the most deadly and widespread insurgency the world will ever know, and it will be lead by a lot of people in the military.

The realities of a gun ban in the US are scary enough to force even the most antigun person from loudly calling for total gun bans at the Australian scale too loudly.

Sure there is no shortage of people who say these things. But they are not prepared for the consequences of their wishes. Most people are well aware of what such a ban would mean. That's why it will never happen.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yeah, just wait until they decide that having right wing views is terrorism. Or, even better, they expand the definition of "mental illness." They already consider veterans a "terror threat."

Numerous weasel words to etch away at the second amendment. The no fly list is BS, with no due process, is completely inaccurate, and is just a tool to use against the people.

They need to be voting on dismantling this no fly list nonsense. Nothing like a list where scumbag criminal politicians randomly select people to be added to a list that revokes citizens constitutional rights with no evidence or due process to get the fires burning.

SM2

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

i posted this in another thread, think it would apply here as well.

anything they try to ban would actually have a good chance to get overturned in court. theres a little nugget in the DC vs Heller decision .....

(3) The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense. Under any of the standards of scrutiny the Court has applied to enumerated constitutional rights, this prohibition – in the place where the importance of the lawful defense of self, family, and property is most acute – would fail constitutional muster. Similarly, the requirement that any lawful firearm in the home be disassembled or bound by a trigger lock makes it impossible for citizens to use arms for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitutional.

en.wikipedia.org...

Even though in this case they were concentrating on the DC handgun ban, read the line well, to paraphrase, it would be unconstitutional to ban an entire class of arms (in our discussion , so called assault rifles) that Americans overwhelmingly chose for lawful purposes.

I guess it really doesnt matter since the left and their allies seem to pretend the constitution doesnt apply to them as it does everyone else

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join