It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando is worst attack on US since 9/11, but POTUS uses incident to pivot against guns

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Oooh Kay then.. moving right along...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

The people who die from prescription drugs generally don't take a bunch of other people with them.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Found this on Facebook, thought it was highly appropriate for this thread:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

I would hope that our president would address the issue of gun violence with Orlando being the worst slaughter ever with machine gun weaponry.

Thank you Obama

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I would hope our President would call this what it was.....and attack on America by Radical Islamic Terrorism. It has nothing to do about guns, the guy worked for a security agency that is also working for Homeland Security.......somebody dropped the ball.

Most likely POTUS, who has directled the FBI and DOJ to go lightly on Muslims and all illegals.

No, its thanks for nothing Obama, you have ruined America and have divided this nation to the point that no one feels safe.

I am very saddened by what has happened in Orlando. But more incidents like this will continue and more innocent American lives will be lost because of the polices of the Administration. Hillary will only make it worse. I am not a Trump advocate, but if I had to vote right now. Trump gets my vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Found this on Facebook, thought it was highly appropriate for this thread:

I seem to remember in the news that gun shops were running out of shotguns as the aussis were buying them all

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

He was a guy who hated gays and slaughtered 49 people with machine weaponry.

If he were not allowed to buy the guns, perhaps he would still try and slaughter with a hand gun or knife, but the casualties surely would have been less.

There is no need for anyone to have assault or semi-assault rifles, no reason what so ever...unless you plan to slaughter many people at once.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

He was a guy who hated gays and slaughtered 49 people with machine weaponry.

If he were not allowed to buy the guns, perhaps he would still try and slaughter with a hand gun or knife, but the casualties surely would have been less.

a reply to: veracity

originally posted by: thenightisour

There is no need for anyone to have assault or semi-assault rifles, no reason what so ever...unless you plan to slaughter many people at once.

Well there you go. Pipe bomb, pressure cooker....you name it. The point of this whole thread is the fact that America was attacked by a Radical Muslim Terrorist. And, instead of focusing on that problem, and more are coming, no POTUS decides slide his political slant against the 2nd Amendment instead of focusing of the real problem. Radical Islamic Terrorism. You do not know if the casualties would be less, pressure cooker, arson, so many ways to kill. Our POTUS and Clinton are clueless. America is in serious danger. Radical cells are waiting for their orders for the next attack, maybe the fourth of July. Leave gun controls out of (enforce the laws that are already on the books) and protect America. Peace

edit on 13-6-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by thenightisours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

We could learn a lot from the Israelis on this subject. They have armed guards at their nightclubs, and their are a lot of people walking around all over the place there who are armed and know how to use a weapon. And terrorists there know if they pull an attack like the one in Orlando, they will most likely die before they kill anywhere near 50 people. We cannot fight this thing with passivity. We have to become smarter, and more prepared. Gun control will only be observed by law abiding citizens, criminals and terrorists won't be swayed.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

^ This guy I like. I bet he[Obama] cried some more like he always does! It's fake tears, like every other blasted thing he does. Politicians, really can't trust any of em. Once he supported hilary clinton the tiniest amount of shred of dignity i had left was washed away down the sewer. I used to be a leftist too...untill I saw how the leftist agenda with these NWO groups and even non NWO groups are used to further a toxic sjw mantra.

I normally don't prattle off a bunch of political buzzwords but it's gotten bloody retarded at this point.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

NO silly, they use ROPES for that...

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

An exterior threat from a nut won't scare us,like ONE school has done to the UK.
WE haven't known a caste type society we are delineated by money,we were CREATED by the gun.
Your cries to disarm will go unheeded.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Lets not forget the elephant in the room. Most of these lunatics are very easily able to get their guns illegally. Especially if they allign to freaking ISIS. So where's that leave us? gunless to some stupid lunatic babbling about allah and how the west is evil for it's made up sins.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Liberalism = a very sick & twisted suicidal mental disorder. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Brokenmirrorpng

Or BOWING to European brow beating and JOIN the UN s rediculous treaties?
It won't fly.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I have had a malice to the UN's idiotic policies for quite some time. I have stated for a while too 'Yes america is crap in some regards but hey we could be the blasted UN. and be in the mess most european areas are in' Call it a gut instinct but I feel things will be okay in the end once all the smoke clears. It always is.

Though on topic i have in recent years began to dread mass shootings. and for the complete 'wrong' reasons. It has mostly become 'oh lord, how will the left try to blame this on taxpayers THIS time'
edit on 14-6-2016 by Brokenmirrorpng because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brokenmirrorpng

I have had a malice to the UN's idiotic policies for quite some time. I have stated for a while too 'Yes america is crap in some regards but hey we could be the blasted UN. and be in the mess most european areas are in' Call it a gut instinct but I feel things will be okay in the end once all the smoke clears. It always is.
Though on topic i have in recent years began to dread mass shootings. and for the complete 'wrong' reasons. It has mostly become 'oh lord, how will the left try to blame this on taxpayers THIS time'

a very astute observation....what will this cost to to the average tax payer???? another reason to raise taxes on the average struggling tax payer

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

a very astute observation....what will this cost to to the average tax payer???? another reason to raise taxes on the average struggling tax payer

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

That's actually a good point. Something I didnt originally consider. All these moronic crime increasing gun ban bills will just make things worse. I do agree some gun regulation is a logical thing. But just saying 'screw you no guns for ANYONE' is just a recipe for disaster. Look at the 'war on drugs' and the monumental FAILURE that was. It just made crime WORSE. All this will do is increase illegal trade and give more money to cartels as their profit means jump.

Sidenote, since when has banning anything except in the most extreme circumstances HELPED anything?
edit on 14-6-2016 by Brokenmirrorpng because: Added stuff

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

That's actually a good point. Something I didnt originally consider. All these moronic crime increasing gun ban bills will just make things worse. I do agree some gun regulation is a logical thing. But just saying 'screw you no guns for ANYONE' is just a recipe for disaster. Look at the 'war on drugs' and the monumental FAILURE that was. It just made crime WORSE. All this will do is increase illegal trade and give more money to cartels as their profit means jump.

Sidenote, since when has banning anything except in the most extreme circumstances HELPED anything?

Yes, exactly...thank you. I think you hit it straight on. Nice job!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join