It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando is worst attack on US since 9/11, but POTUS uses incident to pivot against guns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Can you please provide evidence that Obama is Muslim?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Chicago is surrounded by a country that lets people buy guns without question. There are no metal detectors on your way into Chicago.

Armed citizens do deter some level of gun violence, but its effectiveness stops when nut jobs are able to get guns without drawing any attention to themselves.

I live in a gun controlled society and I feel pretty safe. If I didn't I would probably want to carry a gun. Isnt Americas need for guns to feel safe a parodox or something?

I dont want to get into a debate with you over it. If a US president, billions of dollars in media and recent events cant convince anyone, I am not going to bother. This debate is bone deep and I have no dog in the fight.
edit on pSun, 12 Jun 2016 20:52:15 -05002016 115Sun, 12 Jun 2016 20:52:15 -0500pmAmerica/ChicagoSunday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Venezuela has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world, and it is the murder capital of the world.

Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the US, and has the highest murder rates of any city.

Here's What Happened When Venezuela Imposed Gun Control Laws

Gun violence has been occurring in America for years, predominantly in poor neighborhoods across the country. 75% of gun-related violence takes place in just 5% of US zip codes. But no one really cares about that.

Oh btw... Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot enforced strict gun control. When a government wants to control it's people, it's a lot easier when the population is disarmed.

Venezuela is not a G8. And it only feels like you are being attacked by Hitler and Stalin because there is such a contrast between current US gun culture and what is considered acceptable by the rest of the G8 nations.

Get on our level!!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To: woogleuk

And you haven't read the whole Amendment apparently...

The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Now, google: "infringe, infringements, and infringing" and get back to us with your findings.

edit on 12-6-2016 by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

He has said it in his own words.

The video is a youtube video, IIRC.

But I don't care enough to provide such a link.

Most folks who are unaware of that fact don't seem to be interested in facts, to begin with.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: woogleuk

He has said it in his own words.

The video is a youtube video, IIRC.

But I don't care enough to provide such a link.

Most folks who are unaware of that fact don't seem to be interested in facts, to begin with.

Exactly. "Facts" are liberalism kryptonite.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
And yet it was G4S Security, the FBI, CIA, etc. that were mostly responsible for allowing it to happen while ignoring the warnings and findings on this man.

Of course that will never be addressed accordingly. Move along, nothing to see here.

No wait, no it's average gun owners who should be more restricted.
/sarc

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I wonder if Obama is also aware of these facts written in the Bible about who Allah is which describes him in the Quran...

It leaves little wonder why Islam wants and expects to rule the world under Sharia Law written in the Quran and their awaited Mahdi (messiah) is said to reign for 7 years from the Temple mount in Israel, who does battle in the end, the day before judgement with the King of Kings (Jesus).

Where in the Bible in Revelations says, that will be the beast Antichrist that rules for 7 years and Christ returns and defeats, along with all the rest of the Islamic countries who pours his wrath out against.

Utterly amazing that the Quran was written 600 years after Christ and some of those names Allah goes by way back before that.
We are ever moving closer to the day.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

It could be interpreted in many ways, and when it was written in 1791 the most you had was a single shot musket which had to be manually loaded with powder and a ball.

This is the 21st century, not the 18th.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenightisours

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam.

Oh My God, no never......then you are xenophobic, a hater of someone's religion, never say Islam.

But let me get this right...

It is OK to hate Christians, right? Because they a evil and xenophobic.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the latest liberal outreach.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam. Do not mention Islam.

Oh My God, no never......then you are xenophobic, a hater of someone's religion, never say Islam.

But let me get this right...

It is OK to hate Christians, right? Because they a evil and xenophobic.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the latest liberal outreach.

Perhaps you misunderstood my response to another post. The response was meant to be a little sarcastic, meaning if you call it like it is, in this case, Radical Islamic Terrorism, The liberal Left and it Media PAC will call you a racist and xenophobic. You are correct. Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyrrho
You didn't hear the new science? Banning guns will stop bad people from killing.

Don't forget that is will help stop GW also.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
i never understood the whole liberal anti-gun thought process, i mean have such people become so enamored with peace that they have forgotten their survival instincts?
certainly guns are dangerous and all but if you don't have any way to protect your own life or the lives of others around you then it's just as dangerous. it only takes a few seconds to fire a gun or stab someone and the police take at a minimum of five minutes to respond even in the best neighborhood, how does it make sense to disarm people and make them helpless?

Because it makes them FEEL better, that that evil gun is gone.

Of course they never tell why an inanimate object can be evil.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: EternalShadow

It could be interpreted in many ways, and when it was written in 1791 the most you had was a single shot musket which had to be manually loaded with powder and a ball.

This is the 21st century, not the 18th.

That's right, it is the 21st century and you here our intel agencies expressing fear that a weapon of mass destruction is the goal of these maniac muslims. Or some kind of biological weapon, in the meantime them good old days of cutting throats, throwing people off the top of buildings, burning people to death, drowning people to death, stabbing people to death, and of course the gun. You've got to fight fire with fire against these radial islamic terrorists, they still believe it is the 18th century and if you don't believe in what they believe in, then you are an infidel, and must die.

America fought for its' freedom, now we need to fight for our survival. Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Not surprised at all. Obama is a puppet of the people who want the American people disarmed so you can't resist their increasingly totalitarian rule.
edit on -050004am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I dont understand how the muder of 50 people by a terrorist has anything to do with gun control.This guy was a terrorist that means he had surport from other people, if he could of not been able to buy the guns he would of been given them, just as the killers in France were given ak47s. Baning guns would of not stopped him.
edit on 13-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Gun control does not stop people who are determined killers. All it does is disarm the innocent population. Criminals and terrorists can, and will, acquire firearms.

Incidentally Switzerland has practically universal firearm ownership and we never hear about mass killings because "evil guns!!" in Switzerland.

Even if the psychopaths can't get guns. They'll just use knives or hammers or whatever else is easily available. Some Chinese guy stabbed like 30 people last year I believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This will not get better until America makes drastic changes to gun control laws.

I am really curious. What drastic changes would you lke to see the American citizenry adopt to make it better/

Criminal record.... no gun.
Mental health issues..... no gun.
Suspected ties to terrorist organisations..... no gun

Restrictions on number of guns that can be owned
Restrictions on number of bullets one can own.
Full ban on assault rifles.
Much stricter back ground checks
gun training for all gun owners

Will never happen though because in American you have zero power over your gun laws despite what you might think because the gun lobbies have taken it from you.

Criminal record.... no gun. Already the law
Mental health issues..... no gun. Already the law
Suspected ties to terrorist organisations..... no gun Already the law

Full ban on assault rifles. Do you know what an "assault weapon" is? That is a made-up term from the 80's. a AR-15 in NO differant then most other SEMI auto rifles. it is just black and "scary". Look up a Mini-14, a rifle that has been NAMED in almost gun contcrol laws as beening EXEMPTED because it is a "Ranch Rifle" used by farmers, ranchers and other to do their jobs. The AR-15 and the Mini-14 work in the SAME EXACT way, use the same bullets and even can exchange the same magazine. But it has a wood stock and is brown.

Much stricter back ground checks All ready the law (there is NO gunshow loophole.) ALL shops are required to do background checks.
gun training for all gun owners Why not have gun safty in school and ALL kids get to take it. I would go for that. After all we have sex ed classes , but don't expect them all to run out and have sex. Why not gun safty class, just in case they ever run across a gun laying around?

the only two left is:

Restrictions on number of guns that can be owned
Restrictions on number of bullets one can own.

If you can LEGALLY own something, why should you be restricted on how many you own? Should we restrict cars also? Sense you can only drive one at a time you can only own one?

Same tired ideas that all "liberal" post. (Outside of the REQUIRED safty training.)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
In Northern Ireland during the "troubles" (a nice word the british used for a war) they had the hardest gun control in the world, but the UDA,IRA,UVF were as well armed if not better than the British army.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

So, lets first define the argument via root-cause-analysis and ask ourselves - IF, hypothetically speaking, all guns suddenly disappeared from existence, would Islamic extremism still exist?

Would they still want to murder/death/kill using other means (bombs, decapitations, electricity, chemicals, drownings, cars, etc etc)

The US government can take all the guns they want - it means exactly naught to an Islamic extremist hell bent on returning the planet to the 6th century.

This POTUS, and many like him, really need to address the issue of what MOTIVATED this individual because if guns were not available he would simply use a different method of delivering death....as ISIS has done many times previously. I wonder what sort of an America Obama expects to exist if disarming the population whilst letting suspected terrorists walk is the agenda he's working on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join