It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando is worst attack on US since 9/11, but POTUS uses incident to pivot against guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Does he seriously think any gun law would prevent ISIS from obtaining them?

I think they honestly do.

Like a drug addict.

Just one more law.

One more law.

One more law.,

Ontop of the 80 plus years of existing law. On top of that LAW that says we can't go around shooting each other.

They do indeed. Over at ABC they do. I was astounded by the thought processes I was reading. Funny you bring up the drug analogy too. Making heroin a schedule 1 narcotic hasn't curtailed it's use among those who partake. Why the hell would an Islamic nutjob adhere to a gun law when his ultimate mission is to annihilate as many humans as possible when he reaches his destination?

Are they under the impression that firearms will disappear? I am as confused as you are. We will be a nation of legal firearms moving toward a rampant black market of firearms. Who wins?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Bears repeating with emphasis:

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Does he seriously think any gun law would prevent ISIS from obtaining them?
Anything to deflect from the fact the motivation for the killing was being preached from Islamic centers right here in the good ole' USA. Homosexuals get the death penalty out of compassion according to one cleric from Iran who spoke about that very subject back in April in Sanford, Florida. We already knew all infidels were fair game. I guess that means all of us, doesn't it?

For all the billions we pour in to intelligence we don't seem to stop too many of these suicide attackers. Makes one wonder whether they really want to prevent this kind of thing from happening. Meanwhile in Chicago 10x as many people have been shot as were in Orlando. Proof gun laws work.

There's no reasonableness nor factual sanity about it.

It is 100% ALL about the tyrants stealing weapons in order to be more thoroughly tyrannical with less fetters and bother from the serfs and slaves.

That's ALL it's about.

He doesn't really care a flip about protecting the citizens of the USA. If he did, he would not have neutered our military so energetically.

If he did, he'd not have fired so many truly patriotic military officers and NCO's.

If he did, he'd have shown more respect for our flag and our founding values.

If he did, he'd not have taken the job as the TRAITOROUS DESTROYER IN CHIEF in the first place.

If he did, he wouldn't have been an illegal immigrant in the first place.

If he did, he wouldn't have contributed so eagerly to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood--employing shocking numbers of them even in the White House! Sheesh!

If he did, he wouldn't have turned so many blind eyes and deaf ears to so many thousands of murdered Christians in Muslim lands.

I could go on, but I'm close enough to barfing already.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Willtell

Yeah. That bastard who got Osama bin Laden. Doesn't protect us by taking out a major terrorist leader. How dare he...

Actually, OBL died years before the supossed operation that killed him again from kidney failure. The post-mordem picture of him was laughably photo shopped.

Oh.. I'm sorry that's just hearsay. Kinda like "we got him, but decided to bury him at sea" destroying all the evidence. If you recall, Obama's approval rating at that time was the worst number in presidential history. Pretty convenient if you ask me. I never bought that crap.

Personally, I would really have to check my reality and mental state if I were to believe the "we got him" scenario.
edit on 12-6-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
All President Obama said was there are guns available to the public that allow people to go into a school, church, movie theater, or club and kill everyone inside. Is that what kind of country we want to be? Clearly the answer is yes we want those guns available to the public. Therefore we live in a country where you have the freedom to purchase a high power assault rifle and take it to a public place and kill everyone there...that is the type of country we live in, and that is what people believe freedom is.

No, actually what GUARANTEES freedom is having, or access to, on par or the equivalent in hardware to prevent the government from taking your freedom. Geez.. some folks will actually have to be marched to the furnaces before they finally get that point, and until that happens, there's an apathetic notion that that can't happen or wouldn't. Why do you think it's the 2ND AMENDMENT to our Constitution??
Because hunting and skeet shooting is as important as free speech!!!!???
Get real.

edit on 12-6-2016 by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

See thats the kind of activism I can live with.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I try to stay out of gun debate issues, but Obama is right, he tries to protect US citizens by speaking out against guns. You all cry 2nd amendment, but I honestly believe you have no idea what it means.

"A well regulated militia", regulated, regulate, Google it. Having everybody armed is does not fall under the definition.

How many shootings (do not bring religion into this, death by gun is death irrespective) will you deal with before you start to question your idiotic beliefs?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Works for me.

I don't like my countrymen getting murdered, at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Unmitigated nonsense.

Tyranny is not polite.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The US has 5-10 times the gun violence per capita than any other G8 nation.

How many times does the man have to get in front of a camera after a mass shooting to tell Americans it is time to get serious about gun control?

IMO the US's lack of gun control and proper universal healthcare should disqualify it from being classified as developed nation.

I dont want to come off as American bashing. I love the American people and I want nothing but the best for them but the 2 things Americans hold closest to heart are the only bad thing about them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

This is the 21st century, besides, do you really believe you have a cat in hells chance of taking on the government should such "tyranny" arise?

American gun culture has nothing to do with corrupt government, it's about who has the shiniest gun.

It's sad that none of you realise that.

I have a shotgun, it's for shooting rats, I could legally have a rifle, but I see no use in having one.....different mindset and all that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Mass shootings are literally barely on the radar of how people die. I am more likely to be killed while riding my bike lawfully by an automobile (or even by sheer accident of a fall off the bike) than being shot in a mass shooting.

See how many people die and how here at the CDC .

Prescription drugs are more dangerous than guns technically. And more people die that way too.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Venezuela has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world, and it is the murder capital of the world.

Chicago has the strictest gun control laws in the US, and has the highest murder rates of any city.

Here's What Happened When Venezuela Imposed Gun Control Laws

Gun violence has been occurring in America for years, predominantly in poor neighborhoods across the country. 75% of gun-related violence takes place in just 5% of US zip codes. But no one really cares about that.

Oh btw... Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot enforced strict gun control. When a government wants to control it's people, it's a lot easier when the population is disarmed.

edit on 12-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Which part of

CHICAGO HAS THE MOST strict USA gun control

and

CHICAGO HAS THE MOST GUN VIOLENCE

do you NOT understand?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Talk to the Holocaust survivors about their views on such scores.

Even a meaningful delay can be redemptive in a list of ways.

I have no delusions about overcoming the oligarchy with household weapons.

It will be a complex situation . . . I'm still fiercely on the side of citizens having sufficient arms to insure their freedoms as long as they can.

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Seriously? So those who die at the hands of the gunman don't matter because statistically it's too small a number?

I am one of the few, or maybe even the one person on abovetopsecret in the UK that has experienced this first hand.

A man, who I actually called a friend, shot and killed 12 people in my area, one of whom was another friend.

He legally owned his guns.

It is rare to find an incident involving illegal firearms over here, yet over there it seems commonplace. (legal or illegal)

Perhaps one day your people will grow up.

edit on 12/6/16 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: thenightisours

This would be like Bush pushing for air traffic control mandates after 9/11.

Obama is an idiot.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Oh btw... Hitler, Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot enforced strict gun control. When a government wants to control it's people, it's a lot easier when the population is disarmed.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Which leaves me wondering which side such a mindless perspective is on. I wonder about a half a microsecond.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Obama is an idiot.

He is a ruthless, traitorous, corrupt, destroyer, globalist, Marxist, Muslim, hypocrite, . . . idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join