It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Community Gets A Wake-up Call

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It doesn't matter if you'd rather be stabbed or shot.

Gun homicides have remained at the same level since before and after the mandatory gun buyback.

The stabbings are a bonus.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: imod02

"but we must remember that when you fight monsters its very easy to become one,"

This is what I call "greeting card" logic.

It's a snappy little quip, but it's meaningless and stupid.

It's a call to non-action.

When the powers fighting ISIS start cutting off heads, you let me know.

I have fought monsters and seen people who fought beside me become monsters, i speak from experance

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: abe froman

Sorry but what exactly happened in Australia after we for the most part voluntarily participated in a gun buy back scheme?
One thing that happened is we havent had a mass shooting since

This is a lie.

it had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia and it also did not end mass shootings. In 2002 two people were killed and five were injured in a shooting at Melbourne’s Monash University. In 2011 three people were killed and three were wounded in the Hectorville siege. In 2014, three people (including the gunman) were killed and four were injured in a Sydney hostage crisis.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if you'd rather be stabbed or shot.

Gun homicides have remained at the same level since before and after the mandatory gun buyback.

The stabbings are a bonus.

Of course it matters. It also rests on what is more easily defended against.

I have not seen you prove these stats for Australia.
edit on 12-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Crime rate and STABBINGS increased dramatically.

“In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the National Firearms Agreement. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.”

Truth In Media: Reality Check

Lmfao

Again really!?!
So if Im correct youre saying that due to an absence of guns people went out and started stabbing others?
Are you implying these assaults would not have occured at all if guns were available or that instead of stabbings they would have been shootings and thats better somehow?

As for violent crime statistics, over the past 20 years the way those stats are compiled has changed significantly.
Previously a police report had to made for it to be a stat and things like domestic abuse and pub fights werent included in the data.

Now even if police get called out to a fight and by the time they get there both parties have left and no one was injured and no reports are made its counted as a violent crime.

For the most part Australia is a very safe place, there isnt 1 part of the city I live in that I would be scared to walk alone at any hour

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I have provided links to sources.

The fault rests with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Sorry but what exactly happened in Australia after we for the most part voluntarily participated in a gun buy back scheme?
One thing that happened is we havent had a mass shooting since

This is a lie.

it had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia and it also did not end mass shootings. In 2002 two people were killed and five were injured in a shooting at Melbourne’s Monash University. In 2011 three people were killed and three were wounded in the Hectorville siege. In 2014, three people (including the gunman) were killed and four were injured in a Sydney hostage crisis.

The quote you give is ridiculously LESS than what has happened in the US in the same timeframe.

Just what hapened YESTERDAY in the US dwarfs that and you go back to 2002 in Australia?

The fault lies with WHO?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Right, so I provide you with sources and stats and that's just not good enough for you.

The fact that the truth doesn't support your political agenda doesn't change the reality.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong if your name was Wrongy W. Wrongerson.

Sometimes people become immersed in their own stubbornness to the point they refuse to see the truth.

Stubbornness is blinding.

That's why you can't argue with a Jackass.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Right, so I provide you with sources and stats and that's just not good enough for you.

The fact that the truth doesn't support your political agenda doesn't change the reality.

Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong if your name was Wrongy W. Wrongerson.

Sometimes people become immersed in their own stubbornness to the point they refuse to see the truth.

Stubbornness is blinding.

That's why you can't argue with a Jackass.

I just did.

(you set yourself up for that, sorry)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

So let's just ignore that I posted proof that the post in question was a lie and compare apples and oranges.

Hocus Pocus change the focus.

Not falling for it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So let's just ignore that I posted proof that the post in question was a lie and compare apples and oranges.

Hocus Pocus change the focus.

Not falling for it.

What you replied to wasn;t completely accurate, but your post with 'stabbings as a bonus' wasn't great either.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sure, the places in the US with the highest rates of gun violence are the ones that have passed the gun control laws that you love so much.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Do love these threads. If everyone had a gun this wouldn't happen. It's so laughable it's untrue, especially when people genuinely believe that to be a solution.

So you have a guy doing a suprise attack. He will have adleast 5 seconds on everyone. For example he has killed 10 people. You now have 40 other people in a chaotic situation trying to shoot who they thought was the instigator. 40 guns on 1 person. No crossfire? No one's going to misconstrue the situation and shoot an innocent trying to be a hero?

If you saw a loved one get # in the heat of the moment will you pause to see if it was done my a "mass murderer" or will you get retribution on who you felt did it?

It's amazing this is people's solution.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I was referring to the animal.

You were referring to me personally.

This is what liberals do when they have no real defense for their asinine claims.

Soon you'll be calling me a bigot.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sure, the places in the US with the highest rates of gun violence are the ones that have passed the gun control laws that you love so much.

You seem to KNOW what gun control laws I love so much without asking me what ones. In the same thread, I have stated 'it is a good idea to get a gun and training for home protection and protection against the government, if necessary'.

You have no idea and and a post directed to me with the STFU icon, I know it says 'stop' when rendered, but the icon is actually STFU.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: mamabeth

"An armed society is a polite society"- Robert Heinlein.

Talk about simplistic.

An armed society is a very afraid one.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: imod02
The way I see it we have 3 chouces
1. arm every one to the teeth and let it rip
2: disarm everyone and watch the killings
3. deport all muslims to ME countries.
Me im going to sit with my whiskey and think what people will say in 60 years time about what we have done to solve the problem, and will we be proud of what they say

None of those choices are right. There are more choices.

I too hope so.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I was referring to the animal.

You were referring to me personally.

This is what liberals do when they have no real defense for their asinine claims.

Soon you'll be calling me a bigot.

That was a play on words when you said jackass. I don;t find that anyone would actually go out and argue with an animal. Neither do you.

Why would I call you that?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

Apparently you're not a history major.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

One thing that happened is we havent had a mass shooting since and another is accidental gun deaths went down to about zero.
If thats what youre referring to it seems pretty good to me.

You do know we can actually buy and own guns in Australia?
Theres several gun shops I know of in Melbourne near me, the difference is we dont want them.
99% of people who live in cities dont want guns and the ones who do are either severly paranoid or psychos

We dont have guns in Australia. Oh look what I saw at the local car park the other day.

See what happened in Australia? I wish the yanks would quit it... we have n o guns. ahhhh thanks martin .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join