It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Community Gets A Wake-up Call

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Sorry but what exactly happened in Australia after we for the most part voluntarily participated in a gun buy back scheme?
One thing that happened is we havent had a mass shooting since and another is accidental gun deaths went down to about zero.
If thats what youre referring to it seems pretty good to me.

You do know we can actually buy and own guns in Australia?
Theres several gun shops I know of in Melbourne near me, the difference is we dont want them.
99% of people who live in cities dont want guns and the ones who do are either severly paranoid or psychos

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

What night club on Earth allows its patrons to carry firearms?
edit on 12-6-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The sad truth is one or two guys with simple handguns may have taken this animal out. An AR or AK is a lot to deal with if you only have a pistol. Personally I practic with my .45 at 40 meters. I rarly carry at a party or bar because its illegal in my state to be armed while drinking. Perhaps we need to relook that law. As usual this Muslim/ISIS want to be broke a few laws to do this, so all of you anti gun people can now have at it.
I don't think repealing the 2nd amendment is the answer, but capital punishment may be.
edit on 12-6-2016 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If the NRA hadn't completely railroaded the CDC's efforts to treat gun violence as a public health problem then maybe Omar may not have been able to buy his guns.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
a reply to: AmericanRealist

And over that past 30 years that gun sales have skyrocketed whats the statistics on mass shootings been like?
Can you provide me some info on the major decrease in school, mall, cinema and nightclub shootings to go with your decrease in violent crime?

I know I know, violent crime has gone down exclusively due to more guns but mass shootings have nothing to do with guns being easily accessible

You fail to look at fact, logic, and statistics... This gunman broke a ton of laws. More laws do nothing except hinder the good guy's ability to defend themselves. Criminals are criminals because they ignore laws. Every single instance where a country or a city has banned guns, disastrous results have been the outcome.

Politicians for the most part know this. If they were ignorant of this fact, then they would have immediately reversed their decisions after seeing how wrong they were. It is all about disarming the population to further increase and control their power over you. History repeats, and on a site like ATS I am dumbfounded as to how you cannot see what is going on.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

99% of people who live in cities dont want guns and the ones who do are either severly paranoid or psychos

And what are the statistics of mass shootings in Australia?
No surprise this happened in the US. Of course you never hear about it in places like Australia, Canada, or Great Britain.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: imod02

That doesn't change the FACTS that this happened at a gay nightclub!

I dont care where it happened, it should never of happened. Sorry if i come across a bit sharp, but I dont see people as gay or not gay, I just see people
edit on 12-6-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I just heard about the mass shooting at that gay nightclub in florida.I have warned many times that
something like this could happen here in the U.S. But no, the atrocities I spoke about were happening
in other countries. Would NEVER happen here..now they have!

I am really sorry that those people were murdered and injured.We should never feel that bad things only
happen "over there",never here.What makes it worse is that I feel that this type of crime is just the beginning.
I don't know what the repercussions of this act will bring but we need to prepare for the worst.

My suggestion is that more people get trained to use a firearm and start claiming your second amendment rights.

I agree. But as I have said in other posts, more guns in a crowded nightclub with low ight, strobe lighting and very loud music- more guns would have been a disaster. Can;t see the gunman, ricochet, etc.

In regard to getting a gun for home or even protection against the government, if need be, is not a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: mamabeth

What night club on Earth allows its patrons to carry firearms?

There is one state...I have to look it up. Was passed this year. It is in the South. I guess 3.

georgia- bars, schools, churches, govt buildings

Louisiana- in restaurants that serve alcohol

Ohio- Guns in bars

edit on 12-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
"A good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun"

You're basically describing the Wild West, of course that falls right in line with your conservative republican point of view.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Well considering that a "mass shooting" is classified as three or more, I would say the rate over the last thirty years is also likely lower. if mass shootings were ten+ , then maybe there would be a significant correlation. For instance, most shootings with 3 - 5 people in the nineties usually were not marketed as mass shootings in the media until Columbine happened. The most common time where 3 or more people are attacked were crime related from the get go, disgruntled workers, or family related.

What are marketed as Mass shootings are now are becoming more random and difficult to explain. I suggest we look into the Orlando shooters medical history, we may find there is another connection to most of the others related to pharmaceuticals, but our loyal, non-traitorous President or his evil hyna in charge Clinton would never say that as a pleasing one liner sound byte that sounds good to lost sheep.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

So what exactly were the disasterous results for Australia?
As an Aussie myself I would love to hear your facts on this

Im yet to hear what laws todays gunman broke in aquiring his firearm, from the posts ive seen he aquired it legally.

No ones a murderer until they are and even worse no ones a criminal until they get caught.
How many people out there buying guns legally today are tomorrow's murders or todays criminals that havent been busted?

Hows that for logic

edit on 12/6/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Crime rate and STABBINGS increased dramatically.

“In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the National Firearms Agreement. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.”

Truth In Media: Reality Check

edit on 12-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The way I see it we have 3 chouces
1. arm every one to the teeth and let it rip
2: disarm everyone and watch the killings
3. deport all muslims to ME countries.
Me im going to sit with my whiskey and think what people will say in 60 years time about what we have done to solve the problem, and will we be proud of what they say

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Crime rate and STABBINGS increased dramatically.

I might rather be stabbed than shot. Not sure about you. I might have a better chance of physically fighting off an attacker with a knife than one with a gun. Just a guess.

Someone with a gun can shoot me from some distance. Someone with a knife must come pretty close. I can block a knife. Not aso sure about blocking a bullet.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

How many people out there buying guns legally today are tomorrow's murders or todays criminals that havent been busted?

Logic failure. There are probably more people buying cars today that will become murderers than those who are buying guns. All murderers were also law abiding sock owners at one time as well. I will make sure to keep an eye on you next time you buy a pair of socks. For all I know you could become a murderer in five years.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Really???
I mean f*****g really!!!!!

Your gonna sit there and argue semantics about what constitutes a mass shooting?
And as for them wanting to take your guns WHO THE FECK DO YOU THINK IS SELLING THEM TO YOU!!!!
Everytime anything like this happens gun and ammo sales go through the roof.
All TPTB are hearing is chaching chaching chaching from all the gun nuts getting paranoid about the guns getting taken away.
The truth is they will never ban guns not only because of the money they make but as long as you all have guns you feel safe and ignore every other freedom and right you have getting tossed out the window.

Mate my mind is blown and this is why in 2 years I havent posted on a gun thread.

Theres just no arguing with delusional

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah well when someone kills 50 people and injures another few dozen with a car or a sock ill say something about them then.

You talk about friggen socks and say I have logic failure.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Logic failure. There are probably more people buying cars today that will become murderers than those who are buying guns. All murderers were also law abiding sock owners at one time as well. I will make sure to keep an eye on you next time you buy a pair of socks. For all I know you could become a murderer in five years.

I see your signature. Those numbers don't look right. The US also counts less things as 'sexual assault'. Australia may count more things as 'assault'. Of course the US has a kidnapping statistic. That webpage is off.

I also wonder why that is in your sig?

And who is Ernst? I don;t normally talk about sigs, unless someone puts them into a thread as a source.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
The way I see it we have 3 chouces
1. arm every one to the teeth and let it rip
2: disarm everyone and watch the killings
3. deport all muslims to ME countries.
Me im going to sit with my whiskey and think what people will say in 60 years time about what we have done to solve the problem, and will we be proud of what they say

None of those choices are right. There are more choices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join