It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Community Gets A Wake-up Call

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

As I said in an earlier post,I forgot that you can't carry in a bar
or nightclub where alcohol is served.That was my mistake!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I also try to see people as being people but some are determined to be thought of
as one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
www.pinkpistols.org...

These guys are a gay and lesbian 2A advocacy group.

If anyone needs to be armed in America it's probably gay people.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

Recommending a historically disenfranchised and persecuted demographic who were just targeted (persecuted) for their choices and beliefs to be vigilante and stay armed and defended does not register as audacious to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew

So every gay man should carry a gun? Or does this thread have nothing to do with the gay community?

Yup!

You see, if everybody in the night club was carrying a side arm, the shooter could never kill 50 and wound 53. It's only when you disarm the people that you can get this type of massive carnage. Typically, night clubs don't allow guns. Maybe they should start, and even hand out guns to everyone entering the door, who might not have a firearm of their own. Turn in the loaned gun when leaving the night club. There will always be shootings, but when everybody is carrying, the shooting ends real quick. Mutual assured destruction. Didn't the east and west depend on this principle during the cold war? It worked, didn't it? The only time one nation dropped a nuclear bomb on another nation, was when only one side had the arms. That should be enough proof, of what works.

edit on 12-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

damn right!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Thanks for your perceptive and discerning warnings about a list of important things.

PLEASE KEEP UP YOUR GREAT WORK.

Yeah, folks are awash in "NORMALCY BIAS" and "It'll never happen to me." etc. etc. etc.

And when it does . . . it's too late to learn much besides how to lick one's wounds, if still possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

This is a lie.

it had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia and it also did not end mass shootings. In 2002 two people were killed and five were injured in a shooting at Melbourne’s Monash University. In 2011 three people were killed and three were wounded in the Hectorville siege. In 2014, three people (including the gunman) were killed and four were injured in a Sydney hostage crisis.

Thanks for setting an important record straight.

The mindless blather about gun control gets wearying enough without the out-right lies.

Thanks Big.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Parafitt

When the citizens are armed the only ones afraid are those in governmental positions.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I am one of those who will never give up my guns.I also encourage others to get guns too!

Trust me on this one..."they" will try and grab our guns sometime in the near future. "They"
will use any excuse "they" can to do so.Stock up folks,the poo is about to hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CaDreamer

I warned people here on this site for many months that something like this
could happen.Yes,I told you so! Maybe some should start listening to me
once in awhile instead of complaining about my views on gay marriage.

news3lv.com...
edit on 12-6-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Yeah, there was even an off-duty police officer who pulled a gun on the guy but lost the gunfight. Just having a gun does not make you prepared to take on a mass shooter with an assault rifle if you don't have the training for that sort of thing. You might even be mistaken as the shooter by police and get shot yourself. Plus, the nightclub was a gun-free zone.
edit on 12pmSun, 12 Jun 2016 22:51:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12pmSun, 12 Jun 2016 22:51:51 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 12pmSun, 12 Jun 2016 22:52:05 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Swills

As I said in an earlier post,I forgot that you can't carry in a bar
or nightclub where alcohol is served.That was my mistake!

There are several states where you can carry a gun in a bar. Georgia, Louisiana and Ohio. There may be 1 or 2 more.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I live in Ohio and I will have to check that one out.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Ohio Law Allows Licensed People to Carry Concealed Firearms into Bars

​Senate Bill 17, which became effective on September 30, 2011, allows people who have permits to carry concealed firearms into business establishments, such as restaurants and bars, which sell alcoholic beverages. Previously, the law strictly prohibited the carrying of firearms into businesses selling alcoholic beverages.

Q: I own a gun. Can I put it in the inside pocket of my jacket and walk into a bar with it?
A: Assuming you are properly licensed, yes. You can now carry your licensed firearm into any business that has been issued a Class D liquor permit. “Class D” businesses may include carry-outs, restaurants, nightclubs, clubs, hotels, shopping malls, marinas, museums and other establishments. Source

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

thank-you for the information.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew

So every gay man should carry a gun? Or does this thread have nothing to do with the gay community?

Yup!

You see, if everybody in the night club was carrying a side arm, the shooter could never kill 50 and wound 53. It's only when you disarm the people that you can get this type of massive carnage. Typically, night clubs don't allow guns. Maybe they should start, and even hand out guns to everyone entering the door, who might not have a firearm of their own. Turn in the loaned gun when leaving the night club. There will always be shootings, but when everybody is carrying, the shooting ends real quick. Mutual assured destruction. Didn't the east and west depend on this principle during the cold war? It worked, didn't it? The only time one nation dropped a nuclear bomb on another nation, was when only one side had the arms. That should be enough proof, of what works.

Wait. You think intoxicated people and firearms is a good idea?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Wait. You think intoxicated people and firearms is a good idea?

Half of the videos on YouTube would be gone if there were no mixing of guns and booze.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're right the two don't mix but neither does drinking and driving.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You're right the two don't mix but neither does drinking and driving.

Yeah, hence why the latter is illegal across the united states. As has been proven in this thread, firearms banned from liquor dispensing establishments isn't a universal tenant in this country, AND the person I quoted was advocating passing them out at the door, to be turned in at the end of the night. Like the universal bastion of alcohol and coc aine is a good place to be trusting complete strangers with the biggest escalation of force tool possible in one-on-one confrontation. I mean we only see fights outside of bars like literally every night of the year. It makes TONS of sense for those people to be armed with guns right?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join