It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Community Gets A Wake-up Call

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I just heard about the mass shooting at that gay nightclub in florida.I have warned many times that
something like this could happen here in the U.S. But no, the atrocities I spoke about were happening
in other countries. Would NEVER happen here..now they have!

I am really sorry that those people were murdered and injured.We should never feel that bad things only
happen "over there",never here.What makes it worse is that I feel that this type of crime is just the beginning.
I don't know what the repercussions of this act will bring but we need to prepare for the worst.

My suggestion is that more people get trained to use a firearm and start claiming your second amendment rights.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I belive this had little to do with "gay" and more to do with a group of very sick and warped people (isis) just wanting to make sure the hurt is felt everywere, that no group is safe from them.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

That doesn't change the FACTS that this happened at a gay nightclub!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Great solution. Why not everyone was helmets and bullet proof vests if you want people to stop dying. Or a massive protective bubble while we are at it.

So every gay man should carry a gun? Or does this thread have nothing to do with the gay community?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You know I got alot of respect for ya mama so understand what I say isnt an attack you.

Why is it that every time theres a mass shooting people come out of the woodwork and claim more guns is the answer?
I reckon the fact the shooter in this instance used his own legally purchased weapon should tell people that the opposite is in fact true.

American gun violence is out of control, I actually saw another post that claimed 11,000 American gun deaths a year wasnt any big deal, WT absolute F!!!!!

I sincerely think Americans need to have a good hard look at themselves and their gun culture and start thinking about what sort of a country they want their children and grandchildren growing up in.

The 2nd ammendment needs some serious ammending
edit on 12/6/2016 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I agree, more people should be trained for firearms use. I would even go so far as to say that ANYONE part of the gay community should take classes for training, get their CWP, and carry at all time due to being a target to fanatics who disagree with their personal choices as this event has demonstrated.

The guard at the door was not enough, people themselves should get armed.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The shooter was armed with an AR-15 and a handgun, according to reports.

Even if Everyone in that club had been armed, and trained, the lost of life would have been high.

In fact, due to the panic that would have ensued following the first shots, the body count might have even been higher. Fog of War.

In situations like last night's, unfortunately, the first to fire has a very deadly advantage.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
False flag
Welcome to the all new DS of A, divided states of America

A new hate

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

more guns is always the answer. Our violent crime statistics over the past 30years have proven it time and again.Gun ownership has skyrocketed over the same time period that violent crime continued on a downward trend. Some of the only cities that have seen a resurgence in recent years are the ones who continue to restrict this automatic right.

The elimination of guns does not eliminate violence, only the rate at which guns are used. Australia and European states with gun restrictions have higher rates of violence than America does. But the Royals want you to believe that as long as guns don't exist there won't be rapes, theft, armed robbery or murder. They actually go higher, but because gun crime is reduced the brain of non-critical thinkers makes the false connection that crime itself goes down, and it is just not true. It always increases.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Clearly the answer is more drunk people in nightclubs with firearms. We can never have enough of that. Just ask anyone who has ever worked security at a club or an event.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Look at what happened to Australia and Chicago when they got rid of their guns.

Anyone who thinks disarming yourself while you're under attack is a complete idiot.
edit on 12-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Great solution. Why not everyone was helmets and bullet proof vests if you want people to stop dying. Or a massive protective bubble while we are at it.

So every gay man should carry a gun? Or does this thread have nothing to do with the gay community?

If you value your life and the lives of the ones close to you then yes, you carry a gun legally. That means everyone, not just gays. Having the choice and the right to defend yourself should be in any sane person's mind. Especially if your a member of a community that has enemies.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
OP said "My suggestion is that more people get trained to use a firearm and start claiming your second amendment rights.

Yes we must fight monsters, but we must remember that when you fight monsters its very easy to become one, and the worse thing is the monster you become seems to be good and do good things.( I said this on another post but it seems to also fit here)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

And over that past 30 years that gun sales have skyrocketed whats the statistics on mass shootings been like?
Can you provide me some info on the major decrease in school, mall, cinema and nightclub shootings to go with your decrease in violent crime?

I know I know, violent crime has gone down exclusively due to more guns but mass shootings have nothing to do with guns being easily accessible

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Every time there is a mass shooting that is another threat to our rights
to own and carry guns.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

"but we must remember that when you fight monsters its very easy to become one,"

This is what I call "greeting card" logic.

It's a snappy little quip, but it's meaningless and stupid.

It's a call to non-action.

When the powers fighting ISIS start cutting off heads, you let me know.
edit on 12-6-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

If some of these people had been armed the death toll would have been less.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am sorry,I forgot that you can't carry in a bar!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

"An armed society is a polite society"- Robert Heinlein.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm very much pro-Second Amendment rights, but this just seems like a horrible time to bicker about gun ownership and responsibility.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join