It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Community Gets A Wake-up Call

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I already said that you're right and I never meant for firearms to be inside bars.
Security for these businesses have to have something to use to defend their
patrons with.Harsh language and macho attitudes only go so far.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wait. You think intoxicated people and firearms is a good idea?

I think it's a better idea than religiously indoctrinated people with firearms and hate.

You know, the gays claim that they have no control over who they love. That's the rationale for claiming that homosexuality is right. It's natural, because it's built in to their constitution. The same way attraction it's built into the heterosexuals.

If that is true, then why should people not also accept that there are people who have no control over who they hate?

This is the big debate. Can we control our own actions, or must we do these things because we have no control over our behavior.

Some people believe we have freedom of choice, and everything we do is learned behavior, inspired and taught to us by others in the society. Other people believe that there is something inside us that determines how we feel and act, and that we don't really have freedom to choose how we feel or what we do.

If love is not a choice, then neither is hate.

So, the gays should recognize that, if they know that they have no choice how they feel and act, then there will be others who are just like them, but with the opposite emotions with corresponding actions. Once gays accept that everybody is impelled by their own internal predetermined drives, they will see the wisdom of carrying their own firearms.

If haters have a choice, and can change, then so can gays. So, it's all a question of who is right.

edit on 13-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I already said that you're right and I never meant for firearms to be inside bars.
Security for these businesses have to have something to use to defend their
patrons with.Harsh language and macho attitudes only go so far.

Sorry I didn't mean to sound argumentative there. Just adding onto my thoughts, but to the second half of your post. That is why these places tend to employ bouncers.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

None of that supports the idea that giving intoxicated people deadly weapons to prevent very infrequent mass shootings is a good idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

None of that supports the idea that giving intoxicated people deadly weapons to prevent very infrequent mass shootings is a good idea.

Well, if you know you have a gun, that should affect how much you'll drink, right?

I mean, if you walk into a bar, with a loaded pistol, then obviously, you want to be able to use it, should the need arise. So, automatically, you'll drink less. If everybody drinks less, because they are carrying, then what's the problem?

By drinking less, when the shooter arrives on the scene, you'll be conscious enough to recognize something is amiss and are less likely to think the pops heard are just part of the music.

So, the gun also motivates you to be more alert. That saves lives.

So, it's all good.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Well, if you know you have a gun, that should affect how much you'll drink, right?

What world do you live in?

I mean, if you walk into a bar, with a loaded pistol, then obviously, you want to be able to use it, should the need arise. So, automatically, you'll drink less. If everybody drinks less, because they are carrying, then what's the problem?

So how many people walk into a bar after having driven to said bar then proceed to limit their intake because they know they'll be driving a multi-ton mass of steal moving at high velocities? Clearly not enough for us to not need laws mandating such things.

By drinking less, when the shooter arrives on the scene, you'll be conscious enough to recognize something is amiss and are less likely to think the pops heard are just part of the music.

So, the gun also motivates you to be more alert. That saves lives.

So, it's all good.

It must be nice living in your fantasy world where people make good decisions 100% of the time.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I know they have bouncers* but are the bouncers armed? In this day and age
people need to have something to protect themselves with.

* I spent many years working in bars and cocktail lounges.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I assume that depends on the bar you go into or the state you live in.

ETA: just saw this posted at HuffPo.

But as CNN pointed out to Trump, there actually was a good guy with a gun at the Orlando nightclub. As the Los Angeles Times reported:

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said an off-duty police officer working security at the club in uniform traded gunfire with the attacker.

Officials said that after police responded to reports of the violence, the attacker retreated to a bathroom with hostages. Police held back because the attacker made statements about having explosives, they said.

So keep in mind that this situation DID include someone returning fire. I hope it doesn't turn out later that this guy hit someone else by accident though.
edit on 13-6-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i don't understand why they are saying this is a gay thing to me it matters not what these people liked or didn't what god they worshiped or worshiped not the important thing is they were victims that deserve justice. isis claimed this attack the shooter also said he was doing this for isis i say time is now to head over to middle east and take out them and their leaders and if their leaders are saudi government them take them out .

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It must be nice living in your fantasy world where people make good decisions 100% of the time.

It's not about any fantasy world. It's just which version of the world do you prefer.

There is no perfect world. Any world you pick will have its own unique problems.

You have two choices:

1) Gays take guns to bars, and prevent mass shooters, but occasionally shoot each other over drinks.

=OR=

2) Gays avoid guns, so never shoot each other over drinks, but get killed off in mass from time to time.

Take your pick.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

It's not about any fantasy world. It's just which version of the world do you prefer.

There is no perfect world. Any world you pick will have its own unique problems.

You have two choices:

1) Gays take guns to bars, and prevent mass shooters, but occasionally shoot each other over drinks.

=OR=

2) Gays avoid guns, so never shoot each other over drinks, but get killed off in mass from time to time.

Take your pick.

Well seeing as how this is the only mass shooting to ever occur in a gay bar, I think option 2 is clearly the superior choice. You make it sound like there is some epidemic of mass shootings at gay bars that warrants them to strap up every time they want to go out and get blitzed with their friends. There is no "time to time" of gays getting killed off in mass shootings. This was a singular event.

Also your option 1 is flawed because this shooting wasn't stopped by the guy returning fire in THIS incident. The shooter still went on to cause the biggest mass shooting ever despite taking return fire from an off-duty police officer.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The ultimate projection of religion and war. The same old devices that have controlled the masses.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Unfortunately,I think that this incident is just the beginning.I believe we will see
more incidents like this one sooner than you think.

www.handofhelp.com...
edit on 13-6-2016 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Well seeing as how this is the only mass shooting to ever occur in a gay bar, I think option 2

That's fine. You made your choice based on what you know.

What you don't see, is the trend.

This isn't just the only mass shooting in a gay bar, it's the only shooting of any kind of this size in the history of the US.

Where else did one guy take 50 lives in a few minutes? You realize that if we say the average age of a person in that bar was, say 20 years old, that's 50 x 20 = 1000 life years to develop that body of humans to their level of maturity. And in just a few minutes, one guy destroys 1000 years of God's work. How could God allow this? Well, ok, there's no God. So, it's up to us, men, to take responsibility for the carnage. Still, that's 1000 years of feeding and educating to get back that lost human potential.

So, why didn't this happen 100 years ago? What has changed? And are those changes evolving in some way to motivate more of the same? Here, you're entitled to have different opinions.

Also your option 1 is flawed because this shooting wasn't stopped by the guy returning fire in THIS incident. The shooter still went on to cause the biggest mass shooting ever despite taking return fire from an off-duty police officer.

Yes, the off-duty cop was there, but not everywhere at the same time. It would be quite different when everybody has a gun, versus just one guy in a crowded night club. With everyone armed, the nearest guy could take down the shooter. The shooter can't hide behind other bodies then.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I reckon the fact the shooter in this instance used his own legally purchased weapon should tell people that the opposite is in fact true.

American gun violence is out of control, I actually saw another post that claimed 11,000 American gun deaths a year wasnt any big deal, WT absolute F!!!!!

Wrong... Illinois, New York, etc, cities in which there are very heavy firearms controls and bans in lots of other firearms are some of the cities with the most violence...

Why are the cities with the most heavily regulations and bans on firearms the cities that have the most killings by guns and crimes by guns?... Because when you ban, or heavily restrict firearms you are only doing it to law abiding citizens... Criminals do not abide by laws...

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
The 2nd ammendment needs some serious ammending

It certainly does not... Firearms save more people than there are crimes done with firearms...

Degrading Scientific Standards to Get the Defensive Gun Use Estimate Down

By Gary Kleck

In this article, Florida State University Professor Gary Kleck responds to critics of the National Self-Defense Survey, which found that there are approximately 2.5 million defensive gun uses per year in the United States.

1. Introduction

It has now been confirmed by at least 16 surveys, including the 1993 National Self-Defense Survey (NSDS) of Kleck and Gertz (1995), 12 other national surveys, and 3 state-wide surveys, that defensive use of firearms by crime victims is common in the United States, probably substantially more common than criminal uses of guns by offenders. The estimates of the annual number of defensive uses of guns in the United States range from 760,000 to 3.6 million, with the best estimate, derived from the NSDS, being 2.5 million, compared to about a half a million incidents in which offenders used guns to commit a crime (Kleck 1997, pp. 149-160, 187-189; see also the more recent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention study of Ikeda, Dahlberg, Sacks, Mercy, and Powell 1997, which estimated 1.0 million defensive gun uses linked with burglaries in which the intruder was seen, compared to 0.9 million such incidents derived from the Kleck-Gertz survey, 1995, pp. 184-185, estimates within sampling error of each other).

www.saf.org...

Who is Florida State University Professor Gary Kleck?
criminology.fsu.edu...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It wasn't God who did that... It was a crazy jihadist just like the San Bernardino shooting was also done by a couple of crazy jihadists. What people, such as yourself, don't seem to realize is that world leaders in Europe, and the United States are bringing into our cities tens of thousands of "refugees" from the area where ISIS was born and that it controls...

Isis Terrorists Disguised as Refugees in Trojan Horse Plot Against Europe

Unfortunately what happened in Orlando, and San Bernardino, among others, is just the start. The ISIS operatives that have infiltrated, and are being infiltrated without being vetted as to who they are will cause more attacks like these. Europe and the U.S. should only be taking families in, not just men 18-45 years old of age which are military age men. The majority of the "refugees" are men. How many of them could be ISIS?... We might never know until they attack because Europe and the U.S. is not even checking who these refugees are.

edit on 13-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I have been hearing rumors there was more than one shooter.I don't know
if this is true.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It certainly does not... Firearms save more people than there are crimes done with firearms... 

Well then I guess its lucky you have firearms coz by your logic if you didnt have them that 11,000 shooting deaths a year would be much higher

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

Unfortunately,I think that this incident is just the beginning.I believe we will see
more incidents like this one sooner than you think.

www.handofhelp.com...

That's a great link and resource.

I assume you are familiar with his grandfather's incredible prophetic dreams and visions.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

It wasn't God who did that... It was a crazy jihadist

There are 300 million people in the United States. They can't murder us all. We all die someday anyway. A few earlier than others. If you're a Christian then you believe that,

"Whoso keepeth the commandment shall feel no evil thing: and a wise man's heart discerneth both time and judgment. " -- KJV, Ecclesiastes 8:5

So, as long as you obey the law, you're safe.

The thing is, you got to know which law is important to obey.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join