It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender roles and the effects of shifting these roles on modern day society.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Annee

You just don't like alpha males do you?

Its only ok if they are protecting you or keeping your country safe?

Ah now, the shut her down post.

Which is personal or dysfunctional choice.

Funny.

I was raised in an all boy neighborhood with 2 brothers. I was 12 when another girl finally moved into the neighborhood.

Then there's the misconception that strong women like weak men.

The same can be said for weak women liking strong men.

Which is a personal or dysfunctional choice.

You need to be One, before you can be Two.

Yes, and that goes for all genders.

Funny, didn't realize I mentioned one gender over another.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Making excuses for one gender but not the other is obvious bias and not conducive to feminism.

Excuses? For how women have been raised?

Those are not excuses.

They kind of are. Making excuses for how women are and how they can be weak and not know it is actually pretty offensive. Maybe she made a choice to be subservient? And what about boys being raised to think their emotional opinions do not matter? How exactly is that equality?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Funny.

I was raised in an all boy neighborhood with 2 brothers. I was 12 when another girl finally moved into the neighborhood.

You didn't, the OP is grasping at straws. Avoidance is the theme, so I can't really be involved in this one-sided personally biased issue. How did you fall into it?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Funny.

You didn't, the OP is grasping at straws. Avoidance is the theme, so I can't really be involved in this one-sided personally biased issue. How did you fall into it?

Maybe you should read the entire thread before assuming I did not already back up my claims. Clearly you didnt.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So far no one has been able to refute my original post as wrong so I see no point in arguing further unless someone would like to actually contest the point of the post instead of tail spinning into 5000 other topics.

Gender roles existed long before we even had the means to communicate with words. Animals have gender roles. Roles of male and female vary by species but that does not mean they do not exist. Our bodies are built differently, we have different genetic makeup and we have different pathways in the brain and the way we process information.

The research I have provided already is the tip of the iceberg. I have neither the time nor the patience at this current juncture to continue to play into the game many of you are perpetuating by pointing fingers and slinging insults and putting people down instead of just discussing the topic.

I thought you guys were better than that.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Funny.

Curiosity

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So far no one has been able to refute my original post as wrong so I see no point in arguing further unless someone would like to actually contest the point of the post instead of tail spinning into 5000 other topics.

Your OP seems to be wrapping something inside something else.

You don't find it odd after 9 pages no one is fully understanding your intent?

edit on 31-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Funny.

Maybe you should read the entire thread before assuming I did not already back up my claims. Clearly you didnt.

I most certainly did, that is how I can make such an accurate statement.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Gender roles existed long before we even had the means to communicate with words. Animals have gender roles. Roles of male and female vary by species but that does not mean they do not exist. Our bodies are built differently, we have different genetic makeup and we have different pathways in the brain and the way we process information.

The research I have provided already is the tip of the iceberg. I have neither the time nor the patience at this current juncture to continue to play into the game many of you are perpetuating by pointing fingers and slinging insults and putting people down instead of just discussing the topic.

The only ones who adhere to strict gender roles are the inflexible ones who are afraid of anything different. They may have worked thousands of years ago, but they don't necessarily work in modern society.

Traditional gender roles would dictate that my mission in life was to serve my husband, be his whore, keep his belly full and rear his offspring. If that's what the role you prefer to play, I absolutely support your endeavor to live that way, however I ask in return that I be afforded equal respect when I choose less traditional roles for myself.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Your OP seems to be wrapping something inside something else.

You don't find it odd after 9 pages no one is fully understanding your intent?

Some people do understand. They just don't feel like pandering to your agenda. Now if you would kindly refute the post so we can continue a civil debate instead of reducing ourselves to name calling and chest puffing...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The liberal hit squad is in full effect. Making sure the topic of the thread drifts from the content present in the OP, without quoting and signaling out exact statements and refuting them with their own sources.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Here's what I got out of it: "I've got science to prove that not only is transphobia understandable, it's commendable!"

Similar to the other thread on autogynephilia.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

The only ones who adhere to strict gender roles are the inflexible ones who are afraid of anything different. They may have worked thousands of years ago, but they don't necessarily work in modern society.

Traditional gender roles would dictate that my mission in life was to serve my husband, be his whore, keep his belly full and rear his offspring. If that's what the role you prefer to play, I absolutely support your endeavor to live that way, however I ask in return that I be afforded equal respect when I choose less traditional roles for myself.

Did you miss the part in the original post where i spoke extensively about the Chumash? Because, as I said, women were allowed into positions of power, as in most historic societies... We seem to be forgetting that women have taken power over the course of history in all parts of the world.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Here's what I got out of it: "I've got science to prove that not only is transphobia understandable, it's commendable!"

Grossly misunderstanding that I am trans-phobic. This is just proof that you did not read the entire post. I have some very good friends going through the struggle as I spoke extensively about. I also adhere to the social construct that people should be allowed to live their lives without judgement.

You're seeing what you want to see, not what is being said.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Why don't you provide a source that supports your own perspective and individually address points directly with the intent of actually getting to the truth

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The liberal hit squad is in full effect. Making sure the topic of the thread drifts from the content present in the OP, without quoting and signaling out exact statements and refuting them with their own sources.

"She gave me links to viable scientific studies but all I can do is complain and tell her she is misogynistic"

It's really sad and also proves my point at the same time that the effects of this new idea of conforming to the idea that there are multiple genders and no such thing as gender roles (both biologically proven to be real things) is effecting our society and breeding hatred for anyone who doesn't conform.

So strange that the main cry is that people like me are unable to accept and I am being told to "get with the program" when I never once spoke about anyone's rights as a person. Never once did I say anyone should be treated differently, only refuted the blatant disregard for biology and the human genome.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's pretty much what I got out of it as well.

I have an interest hobby of Cultural Anthropology. Read up on many cultures and gender traditions over the years.

Currently following the reports/stories on the Yanomami in the Brazilian rain forest.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ah the Liberal insult.

That Constitution and Bill of Rights - - damn them!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I also adhere to the social construct that people should be allowed to live their lives without judgement.

Which is contradictory to your post stating that people should be allowed to not accept the transgender population.
If they are not accepting it, they are judging it. As Annee said, sometimes you have to force people to let others live their lives without judgement.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ah the Liberal insult.

That Constitution and Bill of Rights - - damn them!

By all means, please speak freely.... but I don't like being insulted and being told I am wrong without evidence to back it up. I, too, study religion and sociology for fun and I have taken courses in women's studies, politics, philosophy and psychology as well. I enjoy a good banter and I think it is healthy. What's not healthy is pointing fingers and name calling within a civil debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join