It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender roles and the effects of shifting these roles on modern day society.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Men and women are different. We are biologically and genetically different. We have different strengths and weaknesses. The modern feminist would like us to believe that we are all the same, . . .

What modern feminist believes that?

(post by Freija removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija You have made personal comments towards my appearance and my family life and my trans friends without knowing anything about me. Take from it what you will, I have nothing to discuss with dismissive people who can't have a rational discussion without getting their feelers hurt. Boo hoo. I feel nothing for you. I don't need to attack or be shallow to prove my point. Maybe one day you will learn to do the same and then people might actually care what you have to say.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I made comments about your appearance simply to state that you appear to be conventionally feminine and fit into traditional roles as far as presentation goes. Guess what? So do I and I actually think you're kind of cute.

I've knocked your conservatism a bit too but only in response to your throwing your own politicized tags around.

I understand your defensiveness but by the same token, you've said things about transgender issues without having little more than a peripheral understanding and saying several things that simply are inaccurate. I don't care if you hate transgender people, it's no skin off my back and doesn't hurt my "feelers". What does though is misinformation and half-cocked attitudes about the transgender condition because I advocate for transgender children and their families and do everything I can to correct inaccuracies and soften attitudes with information and facts and a heck of a lot of experience with the whole thing.

Beyond your own hissy fit of not being on topic, a great deal of my long post on the previous page was succinctly on topic but you brushed over those parts because you are the one that seems to have her "feelers" hurt. Boo hoo. (Sorry, just replying in kind. I might grow up one of these days and learn to take the high road, which I do most of the time but felt like stepping down a level today)

So let's play nice now. What are the alleged ramifications on modern day society of shifting gender roles? It's your topic, how about some examples of why you think this is so horrible or destructive?

FWIW, I'm not entirely at ease with all the Facebook 50 flavors or gender or whatever or people I see that are a mix or are of indeterminable gender. I try to follow this rule though:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

Not defensive in the slightest. I answered all the questions in the previous posts on this thread. Gender effects concern humanity as a whole. Just because you want to be a bias doesn't mean everyone else is. Sorry your delicate feminine feelings got hurt.
don't want people talking about you? Don't talk to people. Have a good day
edit on 1-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Haha! You have no idea.

I'm crushed and heartbroken. Guess I'll just go off and cry in my beer now and let you kids have your fun?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Freija

At this point it's just sad.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Closing for staff review.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join