It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender roles and the effects of shifting these roles on modern day society.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

I also adhere to the social construct that people should be allowed to live their lives without judgement.

Which is contradictory to your post stating that people should be allowed to not accept the transgender population.
If they are not accepting it, they are judging it. As Annee said, sometimes you have to force people to let others live their lives without judgement.

I never said they should not, as clearly evident anyone actually reading what I post. As I said You can't force people to adhere. Just because I do doesnt mean anyone has the right to expect respect from anyone else. You assume my position without any actual discussion with me on the topic. Do you subscribe to the fact that gender roles exist through history?

Seeing what you want to see, not what's being said.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: onequestion
The liberal hit squad is in full effect. Making sure the topic of the thread drifts from the content present in the OP, without quoting and signaling out exact statements and refuting them with their own sources.

Ah the Liberal insult.

That Constitution and Bill of Rights - - damn them!

By all means, please speak freely.... but I don't like being insulted and being told I am wrong without evidence to back it up. I, too, study religion and sociology for fun and I have taken courses in women's studies, politics, philosophy and psychology as well. I enjoy a good banter and I think it is healthy. What's not healthy is pointing fingers and name calling within a civil debate.

Sorry, but I don't consider your OP honest.

As I've already said. It's transparent.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The liberal hit squad is in full effect. Making sure the topic of the thread drifts from the content present in the OP, without quoting and signaling out exact statements and refuting them with their own sources.

Ah the Liberal insult.

That Constitution and Bill of Rights - - damn them!

By all means, please speak freely.... but I don't like being insulted and being told I am wrong without evidence to back it up. I, too, study religion and sociology for fun and I have taken courses in women's studies, politics, philosophy and psychology as well. I enjoy a good banter and I think it is healthy. What's not healthy is pointing fingers and name calling within a civil debate.

Sorry, but I don't consider your OP honest.

As I've already said. It's transparent.

And you are allowed to think what you want. That's the beauty of freedom.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Freija has already posted many facts/studies/statistics that support my perspective. Seems like they have been mostly ignored or pushed aside as not part of the OP, so what's the point of me repeating them?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Freija has already posted many facts/studies/statistics that support my perspective. Seems like they have been mostly ignored or pushed aside as not part of the OP, so what's the point of me repeating them?

You must have missed my response to her.

Seeing what you want to see, not what's being said

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Just because I do doesnt mean anyone has the right to expect respect from anyone else.

And yet you are upset because you feel you are being disrespected on this thread.

Do you really not see your cognitive dissonance?

I've been pretty consistent with my feelings that gender roles predate history and have shown factual evidence.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

I quite agree. There are reasons for the traditional roles of men and women. We are not the same. We have different strengths and weaknesses. The roles we traditionally hold are geared toward those strengths. Sure, there are exceptions, but most fit, unless taught otherwise, the pattern seen throughout history. This is one reason that stable ocieties tend to do things for the preservation of traditional families. Men providing, and women nurturing the children, and caring for the home.

The whole "equal rights" thing is misplaced, when it comes to the sexes. We can be treated fairly, and should be, but we are not the same. Equal pay for equal work is great. Equal pay for work that isn't, not so good.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I quite agree. There are reasons for the traditional roles of men and women. We are not the same. We have different strengths and weaknesses. The roles we traditionally hold are geared toward those strengths. Sure, there are exceptions, but most fit, unless taught otherwise, the pattern seen throughout history. This is one reason that stable ocieties tend to do things for the preservation of traditional families. Men providing, and women nurturing the children, and caring for the home.

The whole "equal rights" thing is misplaced, when it comes to the sexes. We can be treated fairly, and should be, but we are not the same. Equal pay for equal work is great. Equal pay for work that isn't, not so good.

I agree. Sadly others seem to take that away from my point.
edit on 31-5-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: Grammatical error

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Because the OP can read statistics.

Why even acknowledge info from a transgender person.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Because the OP can read statistics.

Why even acknowledge info from a transgender person.

He is speaking of her response, not of mine. I do not dismiss transgender arguments but even in the trans community there is a disruption of fact.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Absolutely. Everything in nature has a program and intent nothing is an accident.

Male female are not fluid as a rule, of course there are exceptions however as a rule they are not fluid they are designed with purpose.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I agree. Sadly others seem to take that away from my point.

I am a better shot with a rifle than my hubby due to excellent physical hand/eye co-ordination, so which one of us should pick up that firearm in the role of protector, should the need arise? Equal pay for equal work is great only if it is applied.
edit on 31-5-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon
I fail to see how there are not livable wages if you budget correctly. My mother and I survived a time on minimum wage. I have provided for myself, a guy I was dating and his kid on minimum wage. The problem is that our society becomes so obsessed with things they think they need. You don't NEED the most expensive cell phone. You don't need the name brand food. Healthy eating is actually a lot less expensive than people make it out to be. It's better to buy in bulk. Use coupons. Prepare home made meals. The problem is that people don't want to find solutions only blame things like minimum wage. Not that you are doing that, it just seems that's the trend these days.

Well stated! I supported myself and my oldest for several years, on a pretty low paycheck. The highest it was was about 18K a year, and much of that time, it was far lower. We didn't have a lot, but we managed. No cell phones (no one had them then), only cheap cable (no tv without it, and about $30 a month), a used car for which I paid cash, and basic utilities. We still had the clothing we needed, toys for birthdays and Christmas, and enough to eat. Outside entertainment would be an occasional second-run movie, at a buck a ticket. No welfare, of any sort, either! As little as I made, it was "too much" for that. I don't have a lot of patience for people that claim they deserve all sorts of benefits.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Ok let's debate each and every instance infinitely to try and refute a point.

Students do this often when they first start learning a martial art.

What if, what if what if.

It's not about having all the answers it's about learning a principle and how to apply these principles to your own strategy.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Absolutely. Everything in nature has a program and intent nothing is an accident.

Male female are not fluid as a rule, of course there are exceptions however as a rule they are not fluid they are designed with purpose.

As is society designed with purpose, nature notwithstanding.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Go tell it on the mountain.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join