It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gender roles and the effects of shifting these roles on modern day society.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You know annee, you also don't care about citizens being executed by police, when I take all the things you say and the progressive agenda you uphold, authortarianism and social engineering are your mainstays, you might want to take a look at that, or don't.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

The "effects of gender roles on society" is not science - it is a sociological issue. Just sayin'.

And I think you are being a wee bit disingenuous.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

The "effects of gender roles on society" is not science - it is a sociological issue. Just sayin'.

If you perceive logical discussion as disingenuous, then you have missed the mark entirely.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kaylaluv you're better than that, sociology is a science (facepalm) what are they teaching you progressives these days?

Also, I think this conversation is biological and sociological, both of which are sciences, and we can talk about the wage gap, but we mustn't be small minded, we should also talk about the male suicide rates,and women's unhappiness after thirty, so there's a lot going on here, but to say this conversation isn't scientific is disingenuous, but then again perhaps on the progressive side it is not scientific, or in other words to hell with science, "equality" trumps all ?

If you don't think these social policies done in the name of progress, starting with the "zero tolerance policy's" in school, do not have an effect, or rather only have a positive effect, you are severely mistaken. Take off the partisan glasses there's a lot going on here but you'll miss it if you refuse to see the bigger picture.
edit on 31-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Maybe you should explain that to the OP. When we are discussing sociological issues, she says her thread is not about that, it's all about "science", when in fact, her thread IS all about sociological philosophy, no?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What's the op about?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

If you don't think these social policies done in the name of progress, starting with the "zero tolerance policy's" in school, do not have an effect, or rather only have a positive effect, you are severely mistaken. Take off the partisan glasses there's a lot going on here but you'll miss it if you refuse to see the bigger picture.

I'm not sure what you mean by "zero tolerance policies" (not policy's - what are they teaching you conservatives?), but if you are referring to the federal guidelines on non-discriminatory policies regarding trans kids, schools are free to set whatever policy they want.

What I HAVE seen is that in schools where these non-discrimination policies have been the norm for a while now, there has been no negative effects overall. No increase in assaults, no increase in rapes, no increase in precious snowflake conservative children having to get therapy from the trauma of having to go in the same restroom a trans kid entered.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You know annee, you also don't care about citizens being executed by police, when I take all the things you say and the progressive agenda you uphold, authortarianism and social engineering are your mainstays, you might want to take a look at that, or don't.

Where'd that come from? I view society as I would a family of 5. 2 parents, 3 kids varying ages. What would you allow in your own home? Do you set rules that all must adhere to? How do you deal with different ages and personal freedoms? Are there some rules that can not be broken? If one child is unruly and a danger to the other 2, how do you handle it?

Society has to have rules. Do you allow a few to endanger many? As far as law enforcement - - there are over 900,000 police officers in the USA. How many are reported as being bad?

ICK factor was used to fight against the Disability Act.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What's the op about?

The OP's sociological philosophy regarding men, women, gender roles.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...(schools)

Specifically targeted at boys who are naturally more boisterous, go fourth and read. The rest of your post is a progressive angle that I don't specifically have many problems with, but this conversation is wider than you make it out to be, and the destructive impacts of social engineering effecting both girls and boys is quite unfortunate.
edit on 31-5-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Maybe you should explain that to the OP. When we are discussing sociological issues, she says her thread is not about that, it's all about "science", when in fact, her thread IS all about sociological philosophy, no?

I take into account the effects on society which is a science, not just someone's personal feelings on the matter. I have made my point over and over that this isn't about an advocacy it's about the effects.

The thread is as titled.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
getting real sick and tired of this double post thing that keeps happening.
edit on 31-5-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: double post

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...(schools)

Specifically targeted at boys who are naturally more boisterous, go fourth and read.

Are you allowed to act up and be boisterous on your job?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

I take into account the effects on society which is a science, not just someone's personal feelings on the matter. I have made my point over and over that this isn't about an advocacy it's about the effects.

But, no one seems to be understanding you.

Why is that?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

actually, part of the reason my family is respected in our industry is because of how hard hitting we are, boisterous and determined, So yes absolutely I am, I also close jobs and make the impossible happen.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well, that's pretty far away from the subject of the OP, but I will say that I believe zero tolerance policies in schools started with Reagan's war on drugs. I will also point out that Obama is against them and is calling for schools to end zero tolerance policies, as they tend to discriminate against minorities more than anyone else. So there.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

How many times have we been in these type threads where they try to wrap it in something else?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

You got me kaylaluv! *melts*, i think these policies effect boys more than anyone, anyway i'm not going to say progressives are solely responsible, they aren't. The religious right holds a lot of blame in this nonsense as well. So there

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Call me "old fashioned" but I believe that we should work together, and by trying to make us "equal" it is putting more strain on us all to change and adapt to these new "social norms".

Isn't this just your personal feeling?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

actually, part of the reason my family is respected in our industry is because of how hard hitting we are, boisterous and determined, So yes absolutely I am, I also close jobs and make the impossible happen.

So, if you're in a meeting with clients of a big money job - - you're gonna act like a boisterous hard hitting little boy?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join