It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am both Christian and Muslim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: Parazurvan
Everything you say points to you having no christian foundations whatsoever. In nearly every response you demonise christians, you stated your "nation" when you feel I am attacking muslims. What is going on. We're u originally a Christian as you stated? Do you live in the middle east. I ask cos your responses are diverging to this conclusion.

I never demonized anyone. I might disagree with mainstream theology but I do not recall attacking Christianity.

You are confusing that with defending Islam. They are not the same thing.

Don't make comments about violence in the Middle East if you don't want an analogy that makes you look bias.

Saying Muslims kill people for this or that is generalizing all Muslims as equal to the killers. You can't separate violence from Islam so any crime a Muslim commits is on all Muslims.

But you get sore when I say Christians also commit the same crimes in the same exact way. Don't make ignorant statements and you won't get equal analogies that you don't like about Christians being no better or worse than Muslims.

What's fair is fair.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I have to admit you are very bizarre with your answers. You give still half answers not whole ones. So Jesus is a son, you say, but you didn´t say if he is a son of God and did not answer to his divinity at all. You say God is all and all is God, does that make you a God ?
Your God is not like YHVH so you leave judaism out of picture even knowing biblical history ? You have very own belief system, which takes part of there and part of elsewhere and combine them together.. just like Mohammed did.

i don´t think you are either what you stated.
edit on 26-5-2016 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Christianity doesn't kill people who leave the region. Gain some perspective please. Ignoring the bad parts limits your understanding of its purpose

So someone leaving the religion isn't innocent? Adleast we are getting somewhere now.

Christianity has equally bloody hands or worse than Islam.

There is no law in Islam restricting travel. That would be the military if anyone was killed.

And Christians do murder people for equally dumb reasons.

How many unarmed men have been murdered by the police who get away with it scott free?

You just said the most bigoted thing I have heard here. Murder is not OK in Islam or Christianity but people still do it. It isn't Islams fault.

I don't enjoy pointing out negativity but you need to understand how hateful that statement was. I will refrain further from any negativity.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

I have to admit you are very bizarre with your answers. You give still half answers not whole ones. So Jesus is a son, you say, but you didn´t say if he is a son of God and did not answer to his divinity at all. You say God is all and all is God, does that make you a God ?
Your God is not like YHVH so you leave judaism out of picture even knowing biblical history ? You have very own belief system, which takes part of there and part of elsewhere and combine them together.. just like Mohammed did.

i don´t think you are either what you stated.

I don't have a problem with you thinking that.

Factually speaking you have zero say in the matter. Your opinion is irrelevant.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

And there isn't a religion in existence that didn't use another religion as a foundation and borrow mythology from another religion.

Canaanites became Israelites became Christianity became Islam.

Christianity is full of pagan customs like Christmas and Easter. They borrowed from all available religions to become the Universal or Catholic Church.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

As you stated my opinion is irrelevant ( this is not like true christian would say to another person or is it.. nor from a person who believes in love and peace ? ) .

Christianity did not became to Islam, there you are wrong. Converting pagans to different religion was through their own holidays and feasts.. but now once again you "accidentally" left out Islam and pagan beliefs behind it.. one way road .. shame on you lol.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Factually. Priceless word to use in this context.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I finally get it. Embrace the good ignore the bad as though it isn't in the same scripture. Cool.

I will leave you to it but I do suggest answering questions directly, helps stimulate the debate.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

He is not a Christian he surely has exposed his disguise in his own thread. Well this OP seems not to be about religion of the title at all ( at least not one of them ) more like thread about himself. He is important

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I can't argue with that statement. The purpose of such threads should be about highlighting your views and welcoming criticisms/other world views. This is not the case here. Has evolved into a pissing contest it seems.

I know if someone asked me a question and I wasn't sure I would say " I'm not sure" instead of stooping to bigot type comments. People respect it when you acknowledge you are unsure.

Thing that gets me is he accepts that islam stemmed from christianity and sees no flaw with that whatsoever. Very disturbing to me.
edit on 26-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I finally get it. Embrace the good ignore the bad as though it isn't in the same scripture. Cool.

I will leave you to it but I do suggest answering questions directly, helps stimulate the debate.

You just want to insult me and aren't asking any questions.

Which makes me wonder why you would complain that I am not answering questions you never asked.

All negativity in this thread has come from you although I don't think you can tell.

I have had many pleasant conversations and politely answered all question. What you are doing is out of hate.

It doesn't matter what I say to you you always have something negative to say.

I don't want to call anyone a hypocrite or a phony so I just won't talk to you anymore.

Because you hate everything I say and my answers don't satisfy you no matter what and if I don't answer you pitch a fit.

You are messed up.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

He is not a Christian he surely has exposed his disguise in his own thread. Well this OP seems not to be about religion of the title at all ( at least not one of them ) more like thread about himself. He is important

Oooh you got me. I am so devious. I don't think like you so I am stupid and you absolutely have the omnipotence to decide what my religion is with your heavenly authority.

I have done nothing to you. I have answered your questions but not to your standards so I am obviously no good because nobody can believe different from you and be a Christian.

Hey you can fake piety while acting like a *, no law against that.

But I don't by it for one second with all your spite.

I guess the new Christian thing to do is harass the free thinker and insult his beliefs.

Way to go.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Your so full of crap you have been hostile towards all my answers. If you look at the thread I have properly answered every question and the only person who has a problem is you and dollukka.

I do not know you guys problem but if I answer you, you insult me, if I don't you insult me.

No matter what you're never satisfied so I hope you got your jollies because I am done with your game and hate of my beliefs.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am a Muslim Christian. As Islam most certainly sprang from Christianity or it wouldn't feature Jesus and Mary.

Not that Christians all converted to Islam, although some sure did.

But I combine all the scriptures from the Bible and Quran, Nag Hammadi, Dead Sea Scrolls and Zend Avesta.

I believe in the Ineffable Aeon, Sophia and Christ as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

If anyone who isn't just trying to insult me has a question I am available to answer.

I apologize for the people trying to ruin my thread by insulting me, although they don't bother me nobody should have to witness religious hatred like that.

I come in peace. Thank you.

I

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What you reap that you sow. Sorry but if you look back you started, saying what i write is irrelevant. Not answering straight questions, questions which are still valid to be answered. Your answers were not complete ones not even close. The way you aswered was a way of Taqiyya.
You had a chance to proove yourself and eduacate us of your view and why you think you are both, you failed on that mission. But being fair .. questions are still valid to be answered and for discussion.
What i saw was diminishing one religious view over another a way opposite of the title of your thread.. so it made me curious.
You could not stand behind your claim and it was obvious, not my mistake but yours.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Thank you that was not so hard or was it ? Now we know where you get certain views, maybe even reason why you confronted hostility in those churches, you did not explain why tho.. you are a muslim with some chritianity views but you are not a christian as you don´t accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour and refuse his divinity.. very much what Islam teaches.

About Islam, so are all muslims christians as Quran has taken scriptures from christianity aswell? - no they are not. This is a dilemma we see almost daily basis, doctorine is different.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thank you that was not so hard or was it ? Now we know where you get certain views, maybe even reason why you confronted hostility in those churches, you did not explain why tho.. you are a muslim with some chritianity views but you are not a christian as you don´t accept Jesus as your Lord and saviour and refuse his divinity.. very much what Islam teaches.

About Islam, so are all muslims christians as Quran has taken scriptures from christianity aswell? - no they are not. This is a dilemma we see almost daily basis, doctorine is different.

Again, I am a Muslim and a Christian. I believe different than you and mainstream theology but you have no say over my faith.

I AM a Christian. AND a Muslim. You can accept it or not but that is the absolute truth.

"Your not a Christian."

See how easy that was? Does that mean you are not a Christian? No, because it is your choice.

The same applies to me. You don't set the rules or preside over Christianity deciding who is a believer and who isn't.

So, yeah, I am a Muslim Christian and proud of it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

And your still playing your hate games lying about my answers when I have properly answered every question. I don't live for you to persecute and lie about my conduct.

You are the source of all the problems because you just want to insult me. Your a complainer about my answers and then accuse me of not answering.

What are you a hired troll sent to harass me?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

What you reap that you sow. Sorry but if you look back you started, saying what i write is irrelevant. Not answering straight questions, questions which are still valid to be answered. Your answers were not complete ones not even close. The way you aswered was a way of Taqiyya.
You had a chance to proove yourself and eduacate us of your view and why you think you are both, you failed on that mission. But being fair .. questions are still valid to be answered and for discussion.
What i saw was diminishing one religious view over another a way opposite of the title of your thread.. so it made me curious.
You could not stand behind your claim and it was obvious, not my mistake but yours.

Oh no, you hit me with the you reap what you sow bit.

That got me. I am so enlightened by that verse that nobody has ever said before, ever, that I don't know what I am gonna do.

Dude, just get over that bug up your but and stop giving me a hard time about my beliefs.

Hate is bad for you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

[Quote]I know that might baffle some people, but I accept all scripture as scripture whether it is the Bible, its sequel the Quran from the Holy Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H.), the Revelations of the Nag Hammadi scriptures and Dead Sea Scrolls or the books of the Parsi's the Zend Avesta. [/Quote]

So you said you accept all scripture as scripture. Except you don't accept the old testament or Paul's writings? Little contradictory I think. Though I may agree with you on Paul and Jesus speaking different messages I think you just like to stir the pot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join