It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am both Christian and Muslim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"Would You Think It Odd?"- Hafiz. (poetic license)

"Would You think it odd if Hafiz said,
'I'm in Love with every Church,
and every Temple,
and every Mosque,
and with any kind of Shrine..

For it is there that I hear ALL the different names of the One God..."

edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium
"Would You Think It Odd?"- Hafiz. (poetic license)

"Would You think it odd if Hafiz said,
'I'm in Love with every Church,
and every Temple,
and every Mosque,
and with any kind of Shrine..

For it is there that I hear ALL the different names of the One God..."

I hear the voice of a kindred spirit in that poem.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

Awesome...I feel a lot like you...

As a christian...I support everyone else's beliefs too. I think God's big enough for all and everyone....

And, if some don't believe in any form of Higher Power? Well..I'm sure God understands that as well.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
That quotes says innocent people. They seem to have a higher standard of innocence when compared to other religions. I would say wishing to explore other religions is innocent yet under scripture I could be put to death. Semantics can be very destructive it seems (not terrorist destructive obviously)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Awesome...I feel a lot like you...

As a christian...I support everyone else's beliefs too. I think God's big enough for all and everyone....

And, if some don't believe in any form of Higher Power? Well..I'm sure God understands that as well.

Absolutely.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

I don't recall that I just saw a wise saying about not killing and saving lives.

You have a negative interpretation.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

And I have none of those problems of which you speak. Nobody is trying to kill me and what you're doing is trivializing Islam based on the activities of people who aren't true Muslims if they are killing non Muslims because that is not Islam.

Our societies worst members representing Christianity would be an outrage.

But Arabs are fair game for stereotypes and bigotry?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You do realize an innocent person is anyone who is not attacking you right? Unless your life is in danger?

That doesn't mean only Muslims and that is the law in our nation so you have no case saying that something about that quote is bigoted.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Once again you are taking one direction only view. What is islam.. are imams true muslims ? Imams are giving advice to beat wifes, stoning people due a glimse to "wrong" direction etc etc. Muslims listen what their teachers say.. are they true muslims ?
Is it right that woman voice is half of the man in a court of law ? we can go on and on..

How is your take on christianity as what i have seen is somewhat negative approach to people who are christian.. what happened in that church.. what did you say to them to confront hostility among them ?
What about Jesus do you accept Jesus as a son of God and as divine himself ?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Christianity doesn't kill people who leave the region. Gain some perspective please. Ignoring the bad parts limits your understanding of its purpose

So someone leaving the religion isn't innocent? Adleast we are getting somewhere now.
edit on 26-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Grilling me with questions is supposed to do what?

You really don't know what an Imam is, are you serious?

I don't answer about the rules of Islam because I don't have rules and I am not a judge.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
U started a thread and now are saying why is this person grilling me. Don't start a thread if you don't want people questioning your agenda/perspective.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Saying that you are christian and not answering to question, do you believe Jesus is a son of God and divine himself ? It is very basic question and you shouldn´t feel grilled.
Why you think i am grilling i am trying to figure you out and yet you fail to answer simple questions.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew

Christianity doesn't kill people who leave the region. Gain some perspective please. Ignoring the bad parts limits your understanding of its purpose

So someone leaving the religion isn't innocent? Adleast we are getting somewhere now.

People who do that are not true Muslims.

Christianity had a much worse history than Islam. Seriously. Your talking about Arab countries like no Christian ever murders anyone over here.

Jails are full of Christians who murdered. They have church services, a pastor and everything.

Applying regional violence to Islam is propagandist nonsense.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

Your being a deliberate * I don't feel like dealing with you because your all on my *.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

U started a thread and now are saying why is this person grilling me. Don't start a thread if you don't want people questioning your agenda/perspective.

Ask a non antagonistic question and you will get an answer. If your being a * I don't have to put up with it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

As a christian you should be able to answer one simple question. is Jesus to you son of God and divine himself ? You made the OP not me !

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Everything you say points to you having no christian foundations whatsoever. In nearly every response you demonise christians, you stated your "nation" when you feel I am attacking muslims. What is going on. We're u originally a Christian as you stated? Do you live in the middle east. I ask cos your responses are diverging to this conclusion.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It's a simple question that many have asked and you haven't fully answered. Yes you don't think jesus is equal with god. Whoopdewoo. Is he the son of god or a prophet. Can't get more simpler. Reason you perceive people as being a holes is cos you won't answer the question directly.

2nd question. Regardless of your answer to the question above, how do you quantify that in your mind? Seems impossible to most, hence the same question over and over.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's a simple question that many have asked and you haven't fully answered. Yes you don't think jesus is equal with god. Whoopdewoo. Is he the son of god or a prophet. Can't get more simpler. Reason you perceive people as being a holes is cos you won't answer the question directly.

2nd question. Regardless of your answer to the question above, how do you quantify that in your mind? Seems impossible to most, hence the same question over and over.

Jesus is the Son, Sophia is the Holy Spirit and the Ineffable Aeon is supreme.

I just don't see a need to quantify anything. All is God and God is all. Choosing one religion doesn't make sense to me when I can just be Universal and not worry about the type of things that concern you so much like what if and how.

I just believe all religions represent God or an aspect of.

Faith, knowledge and wisdom. Good words, good thoughts good deeds.

My God is not like YHVH.

I believe in eternal reincarnation until you learn everything necessary to evolve spiritually.

Also my beliefs evolve upon discovery of new information. I don't dismiss reason or logic for the sake of dogma

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join