It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am both Christian and Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I know that might baffle some people, but I accept all scripture as scripture whether it is the Bible, its sequel the Quran from the Holy Prophet Mohammed (P.B.U.H.), the Revelations of the Nag Hammadi scriptures and Dead Sea Scrolls or the books of the Parsi's the Zend Avesta.

I don't see a conflict between faiths under the same Most High God who creates all. There are some faiths I'm not familiar with, or don't like, but most religions teach Wisdom and peace, living a holy life not letting temptation win. And Love.

I don't worship the Old Testament's YHVH because he is maniacal and treacherous. I worship The Most High El Elyon and the Goddess Sophia, who is the Holy Spirit, and the Son Yeshua.

Allah I equate with the Most High and I have yet to have it be an issue that I believe in Sophia and Yeshua as in their eyes she is Mary and Yeshua Issa.

Christians get a little steamed (occasionally) but I silence them with my message of peace when it comes up and they accept it.

All in all everyone has been good about it, a few inspired even. I feel good about it.

Faith without borders.

It is one of the principles this greatest of all nations that God has blessed me with was founded upon.

Look at the statue of Liberty. Say hello to Semiramis/Isis. Our founding fathers envisioned a land where religious oppression can't be enforced.

I will not let that dream go to waste.

Ressurect the Goddess.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Congratulations ,
Just a question how do interpret Mohammed and Aisha ?
edit on 5262016 by frenchfries because: forgot word

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries

I don't. I stick with the Quran.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Parazurvan

This is interesting.. thank you for sharing your perspective and stance on these two different (yet similar) theologies

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

How do you interpret the Sons of God raping human women en masse?

Or any of the other psychotic things YHVH does?

I just follow the peaceful teachings of the Quran and all peaceful teachings.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

This is interesting.. thank you for sharing your perspective and stance on these two different (yet similar) theologies

Your welcome and thank you.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All religion is eclectic, no matter how proprietary they claim to be.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Indeed. I just separate the wheat from the tares that is all. No religion is perfect or has all the answers.
edit on 26-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parazurvan
a reply to: Klassified

Indeed. I just separate the wheat from the tares that is all. No religion is perfect or has all the answers.

Maybe not but for me that proves it is not divine but a human creation. If it was truelly divine it would be a idol less objective representation of "what is" on all levels and not a subjective simplification.
edit on 26-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I can't wait until the resident Christians get on here and see this, lol.

How do you see Jesus? Do you see him as the son of god/part of god, or a prophet? Similarly, how do you see his death? Christians believe Jesus died on the cross, yet Muslims believe he did not.

Regardless, i don't think the religions are irreconcilable, like many say. Christianity and Islam are very similar.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Congratulations ,

He never mentioned the hadith, which are themselves subject of much debate and scepticism among scholars.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
But some souls do seem to have a greater understanding than others about something else.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So, do you prefer the term "Chruslim," or "Mustian?"

I'd go with neither, as they both sound terrible.

I'm an atheist (with a little "A"), but I do appreciate when religious people can realize that the god of the three major religions is the same character in all of the books. Well, at least the accepted version--we could get into whether there are two different main gods in the Old Testament instead of one, but I think you get what I'm saying.

In any event, way to use your brain for yourself instead of pigeonholing yourself into one set of beliefs just because someone in a robe says that you have to. I can appreciate religious people who are not simpleton blind followers of dogma.

link   

So you cherry pick what you like and say you're whatever? Got it. I like Chinese food. I guess I'll call myself Chinese.

link   
2 wrongs don't make a right.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser

So now your a muslim who believes in Yeshua the son! Do you ever make your mind up or do you constantly chance your opinions to suit your argument. Strange Padawan Googlemiser strange.

And Sophia is not the Holy Spirit, as I have posted in response to this in the following thread which you have not responded to because you know your wrong and cannot explain your way out of such an opinion. Sophia the Holy Spirit, lol. Funny Padawan Googlemiser, funny.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or if your lazy or incompetent then here is a copy and paste for you:

"
Padawan, Sophia is a Gnostic figure as you well know.

Some education on the holy trinity of Gnostic religions youngling:

1. The Father - Monad/Pleroma/Bythos.
2. The Mother - Barbēlō. The first Aeon/Aspect of the Father. aka the Holy Spirit.
3. The Son - Immanuel/Yeshua/Jesus. (Generally speaking as some would say Yeshua/Jesus is the son of the Demiurge).
From there Padawan, thirty more Aeons came into existence in male & female pairs, three batches of them. First was 8 I believe, then 10, then 12. With 'Sophia' being the furthest from The Father. Being the thirtieth Aeon.

Sophia is also the Mother of Life (1st Eve) who blew the spirit of Light into Adam giving him sentience, then running away from the Archons.

In some Gnostic sects Sophia is believed to be the wife of Yeshua and are believed in some Gnostic sects to be the final paired Aeons (which would make Yeshua in this case not the son)"

Yet your lack of intellect prevents you from responding as you would just sound like a stupid Padawan Googlemiser. Ohh sorry you already are!

Faith without borders.

Sooooo, do you incorporate Ancient Greek or Indian religions? May as well Padawan Googlemiser, may as well!

Also the statue of Liberty is a rendition of the Colossus of Rhodes. Don't you know anything!

Ressurect the Goddess.

Who died? Sophia is very much alive Padawan Googlemiser.

originally posted by: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser
How do you interpret the Sons of God raping human women en masse?

Where in the ancient text does it state this? Confused.

originally posted by: Padawan Parazurvan Googlemiser
Or any of the other psychotic things YHVH does?

Yet you take into account his books within the Bible!!! OMG. His a psychotic being or his not, you cannot pick and choose scriptures at your own whim Padawan Googlemiser.

Coomba98.... Sorry

Summers Eve or Padawan Coomba98 Skywalker or whatever you want to call me.

link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

I can't wait until the resident Christians get on here and see this, lol.

How do you see Jesus? Do you see him as the son of god/part of god, or a prophet? Similarly, how do you see his death? Christians believe Jesus died on the cross, yet Muslims believe he did not.

Regardless, i don't think the religions are irreconcilable, like many say. Christianity and Islam are very similar.

They have to find some way to have peace and mutuallism without parasitism and go beyond duallistic hate that both Paul and Muhammad added.

Removing both ursury and jizya from the equation would be a good start since they are an abomination to the golden rule.

Much work needed to create a true under standing. Some souls have already started the job.

edit on 26-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

link   

so it's your opinion that religions that have a monotheistic basis are all worshiping the same single creator of all? Almost like there was only ONE omnipotent entity that created everything?

what a noble concept. I agree.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Well, to consider one's self a Christian, you must believe that Jesus was the son of the Christian god, making him obviously more than just a mere prophet, as he is considered in the Q'uran.

Yes, these two religions are quite similar, but one cannot claim to be Christian if they are skeptical in Jesus' divinity...at least, in the mainstream beliefs. Personally, I think that if you try to model yourself after Jesus' actions and how he treated people, you can be a Christian, per se, but that's probably a way looser interpretation of Christianity than most are comfortable with.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, do you prefer the term "Chruslim," or "Mustian?"

I'd go with neither, as they both sound terrible.

I'm an atheist (with a little "A"), but I do appreciate when religious people can realize that the god of the three major religions is the same character in all of the books. Well, at least the accepted version--we could get into whether there are two different main gods in the Old Testament instead of one, but I think you get what I'm saying.

In any event, way to use your brain for yourself instead of pigeonholing yourself into one set of beliefs just because someone in a robe says that you have to. I can appreciate religious people who are not simpleton blind followers of dogma.

It's kind of a slap in the face to all those who go to war over who's God is stronger, when an Atheist sees the wisdom behind the creator. Sorry (atheist). My bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join