It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am both Christian and Muslim

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: daaskapital
How do you see Jesus? Do you see him as the son of god/part of god, or a prophet? Similarly, how do you see his death? Christians believe Jesus died on the cross, yet Muslims believe he did not.

Regardless, i don't think the religions are irreconcilable, like many say. Christianity and Islam are very similar.

Well, to consider one's self a Christian, you must believe that Jesus was the son of the Christian god, making him obviously more than just a mere prophet, as he is considered in the Q'uran.

Yes, these two religions are quite similar, but one cannot claim to be Christian if they are skeptical in Jesus' divinity...at least, in the mainstream beliefs. Personally, I think that if you try to model yourself after Jesus' actions and how he treated people, you can be a Christian, per se, but that's probably a way looser interpretation of Christianity than most are comfortable with.

I actually can claim to be and am a Christian.

Although I prefer the term Messianic Muslim.

But they are just words. What I consider a Christian is far different than the average belief but I would never position myself to declare the legitimacy of another's faith.

To me that is judgment.

So there is not a reason in the world why I can not be a Christian and Muslim.

No per say either.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I never attempted to describe the Most High as he is unknowable. I just seek the avenues available to try. I know that there all man-made deep down everyone does. But I benefit from studying them all the same.

I guess I just like being different.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: Parazurvan

I can't wait until the resident Christians get on here and see this, lol.

How do you see Jesus? Do you see him as the son of god/part of god, or a prophet? Similarly, how do you see his death? Christians believe Jesus died on the cross, yet Muslims believe he did not.

Regardless, i don't think the religions are irreconcilable, like many say. Christianity and Islam are very similar.

Agreed. I see Jesus in light of the Nag Hammadi scriptures which like Islam teach that it was not actually Christ on the cross.

Like Islam the Highest God is supreme, and has no equals. I don't think Jesus is his equal. But he and Sophia are the intermediaries handling his affairs and I believe he wasn't the Messiah until his baptism when the spirit descended upon him.

When he died that spirit left his body and returned to his heavenly abode.

Mohammed was necessary because the New Testament was corrupt with the teachings of a false prophet. The world needed a Paul free teaching that included Jesus but correctly taught that God alone was Supreme.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It's kind of a slap in the face to all those who go to war over who's God is stronger, when an Atheist sees the wisdom behind the creator. Sorry (atheist). My bad.

All those who go to war over beliefs are a slap in the face to humanity, IMO.

And, which creator is that?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Do us a favour and actually answer the point.
Do you believe jesus to be a prophet or the son of god. It's a simple question.

If you answer it you might be able to articulate the confusion in your head. And yes you are clearly confused.

I thought this was a breath of fresh air but clearly another thread where the OP has no desire to learn or validate his perspective with reason.

You responded while I was typing. I give up on your response. Flaw after flaw.Ignore my post.
edit on 26-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

So you cherry pick what you like and say you're whatever? Got it. I like Chinese food. I guess I'll call myself Chinese.

What you view as cherry picking I call taking all the good teachings and combining them.

Orthodoxy is a heresy In mine eye.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
Do us a favour and actually answer the point.
Do you believe jesus to be a prophet or the son of god. It's a simple question.

If you answer it you might be able to articulate the confusion in your head. And yes you are clearly confused.

I thought this was a breath of fresh air but clearly another thread where the OP has no desire to learn or validate his perspective with reason.

You responded while I was typing. I give up on your response. Flaw after flaw.Ignore my post.

Uh, you alright? I don't recall you asking me a thing and I have answered the question you asked already.

If you think I am confused, you're confused.

I've never been more alert and confident and I am only confused about your aggression and assumption that I am confused. You don't know me well enough to judge my mental clarity and my beliefs are no stranger than anyone else's.

I went to the store for five minutes to get some food is that permissible madam?
edit on 26-5-2016 by Parazurvan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

You don't seem to have approached this as if it were a breath of fresh air at all.

I have answered literally every question I have been asked. And you come at me guns blazing complaining and insulting with no provocation at all.

If you have a specific question that I haven't answered already I would love to answer it. It is the reason I made the thread.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so it's your opinion that religions that have a monotheistic basis are all worshiping the same single creator of all? Almost like there was only ONE omnipotent entity that created everything?

what a noble concept. I agree.

Thank you very much. Yes, even polytheistic faiths tend to have a supreme God who created all.

If one religion has Devas and another has Angels it is no different really.

And divine serpent's are also a common theme in the Abrahamic and Hindu faiths I know the Seraphim angels are serpentine in appearance.

I believe in the Most High God but I believe he/she/it is incomprehensible in nature so I focus on mythology to get my mind thinking otherworldly and contemplate the way things are.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
"So there is not a reason in the world why I can not be a Christian and Muslim."

Well, your own definition of such, sure? You can call yourself whatever you want. If you call yourself a tree, are you a tree? Your logic says yes.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

And, which creator is that?

The only one that exists. they guy that made the guy that makes beer. But be careful if you don't believe in him. your beer gets skunky. Don't be that guy.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What a nonsensical explanation. Have fun being whatever you want to be. Though, I suspect someone's parents may have told them that one too many times as a child. I'm going to go be a bird now, because I think flying is cool.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

You seemed to be ignoring the question of jesus, then answered it while typing my response, to which I acknowledged. For that I am sorry.

Of course I don't know you. I can only go on what you post. The fact you hold these values dearly when others have clearly sourced that the foundations of your belief are wrong (sofia).

I understand it's a phase and the more knowledge you gain the more (accurate?) Your reasons for believing will be true.

And genuinely I did think this would be a breath of fresh air, a Christian open minded to the teachings of another religion, especially on ATS, is rare.
But I have come to the conclusion your mind is already made up.

And I do apologise for my manner. It's just I was seeing a similar theme to other religious threads.
Look forward to your next thread.

P.S BTW no matter how you try to consolidate the jesus theme, it won't work. Can't both be true no matter how hard we try. He's either gods son or not. If he's not gods son, you like certain christian values, you aren't a Christian. I know you have labelled yourself another brand in an attempt to rectify this conundrum.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
"So there is not a reason in the world why I can not be a Christian and Muslim."

Well, your own definition of such, sure? You can call yourself whatever you want. If you call yourself a tree, are you a tree? Your logic says yes.

Somebody's hating on my freedom in Christ and the wisdom I have in the Holy Spirit.

It's OK, I don't seek your approval or care if you don't like my beliefs.

In fact I enjoy seeing people like you flaunt their negative attitudes. That let's me know I'm doing something right.

Because if you don't have haters you aren't doing it right. Jesus had plenty so you are helping me emulate him.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You seemed to be ignoring the question of jesus, then answered it while typing my response, to which I acknowledged. For that I am sorry.

Of course I don't know you. I can only go on what you post. The fact you hold these values dearly when others have clearly sourced that the foundations of your belief are wrong (sofia).

I understand it's a phase and the more knowledge you gain the more (accurate?) Your reasons for believing will be true.

And genuinely I did think this would be a breath of fresh air, a Christian open minded to the teachings of another religion, especially on ATS, is rare.
But I have come to the conclusion your mind is already made up.

And I do apologise for my manner. It's just I was seeing a similar theme to other religious threads.
Look forward to your next thread.

P.S BTW no matter how you try to consolidate the jesus theme, it won't work. Can't both be true no matter how hard we try. He's either gods son or not. If he's not gods son, you like certain christian values, you aren't a Christian. I know you have labelled yourself another brand in an attempt to rectify this conundrum.

Oh I have already succeeded in consolidating what you doubt I can.

So having succeeded I'm reaping the benefits and may even further succeed.

No phase either so you must enjoy assuming things.

I have explained that Christ is not equal to the Most High, the creator. He actually agrees with this when he calls the Father his God.

Sophia is the Holy Spirit, the Goddess of Truth and Wisdom.

I don't see why that's confusing for you but I am very happy and don't at all need your OK to believe what I do.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It's not confusing what you believe. It's confusing how you came to that conclusion. That's all.

You seem hell bent on believing in sofia so I give up on asking you to read the sources, as others have pleaded with you.

And yes it is a phase based on your previous posts. All I ask for is honesty, not what you are doing. If I say you have changed your mind, and you have shown that you have, don't say you haven't. A lil thing called paper trails.

If the information you portray isn't a phase than you have absolute truth? Congrats.

Either way good luck in the future.
edit on 26-5-2016 by GemmyMcGemJew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Muhammad as a Cure for Paul? One form of duality to cure another form of duality.

And divine serpent's are also a common theme in the Abrahamic and Hindu faiths I know the Seraphim angels are serpentine in appearance.

Kundalini serpent representing the interaction with energy in the body resulting in fire (heat) and water (vibration) phenomena.

edit on 26-5-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

oh no ... I'm not a Christian. I'm a Pagan. It's my opinion that Quran and Bible both are well psychotic... and not that peacefull. I respect both Christian and Muslim believe but well eh... I'm a Pagan and worship my own Gods.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's not confusing what you believe. It's confusing how you came to that conclusion. That's all.

You seem hell bent on believing in sofia so I give up on asking you to read the sources, as others have pleaded with you.

And yes it is a phase based on your previous posts. All I ask for is honesty, not what you are doing. If I say you have changed your mind, and you have shown that you have, don't say you haven't. A lil thing called paper trails.

If the information you portray isn't a phase than you have absolute truth? Congrats.

Either way good luck in the future.

Gotta tell you again, me being me I think I would know better, that it's not a phase.

I don't know why you ever thought you had to plea with me to read what I have already read as if I am going to or need to change my mind and think like you.

And you can insist it's a phase all you wish, you are not going to make that true by stating it and it isn't something you would know. You don't even understand, you said so yourself, how I came to this conclusion. That rules you out as qualified to even suppose that this is a phase.

I've been doing what a do for many years. I am dedicated to it.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I have no problem with paganism, the oldest of religions.

I just like to read more than I like rituals and don't know of any pagan scripture.

I assume you mean nature worship and not the umbrella term pagan that Christianity throws at everything that isn't... Abrahamic?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join