It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: Annee

And here I was...thirsty.

Apparently you already drank all the kool-aid.

At 70 years old, experiencing life in many ways - - - I do not succumb to Kool-aid.

What I do understand is Equal Treatment.

Was just baiting you to know exactly where you stand.

Sorry, Annee...but you appear to have an extremely warped and skewed idea of equality...seems your idea of equality is to allow selected members of society to over-rule the majority.

To throw their toys out of the pram and make idiotic demands.

Naturally...none of this affects anyone else. Kids deserve to be confused seven ways from Sunday...you, you're right!

I'm basking in the equality where I and a vast portion of the human population are 'bigots'

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

At 70 years old, experiencing life in many ways - - - I do not succumb to Kool-aid.

Sorry, Annee...but you appear to have an extremely warped and skewed idea of equality...seems your idea of equality is to allow selected members of society to over-rule the majority.

Read the Constitution.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Read the Constitution.

For what reason?

Also...can someone answer my first question? If this is a transgender woman...does that mean it's actually a man who believes he is a woman...or a woman who believes she is a man?

I'd like to establish this so that I can refer to it as it should be referred to...if it was born a lad then I shall refer to it as 'he' and 'him'

If otherwise I shall refer to her as a 'she' or a 'her' - but until this is established I shall continue to refer to it as 'it', I sure hope that isn't offensive.

Does the constitution define logic and reality? I'm guessing no...this isn't about wordplay it's about fundamental truths and my unwillingness to play mentally ill at the behest of a few morons.

Sorry.
edit on 26-5-2016 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Read the Constitution.

For what reason?

I can only speak of the American government.

The American Government is not a Democracy. It is a Democratic Republic - - majority does not rule.

A minority is equal to the majority - - when it comes to Rights.

If this is a transgender woman...does that mean it's actually a man who believes he is a woman...or a woman who believes she is a man?

Gender is in the brain. The brain tells you what Gender you are (male/female). The physical packaging "sex" does not determine Gender.

She is Female Gender, with male packaging. She is a she. Or, if she prefers one of the non-gender pronouns like "ze".

It is not a mental illness.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Okay...so he's a dude. glad we got that cleared up.

I urge anyone in this thread who opposes this idiocy to stop validating the insanity by complying...this is not a woman at all it's a dude.

My brain determines a lot of things, those fantasies tend to come under considerable duress when reality gets involved unfortunately.

If he thinks he's a woman he's mentally ill.

I don't care what the government says about any of this, they can make all the laws they want - they're not infallable, in fact they've shown us all over the years that they're as nutty as a dude what thinks he's a chick, in fact they're most probably more insane than anyone who is deluded about what sex they are.

The government doesn't define reality any more than some constitution does. You must live in a very strange world.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
A baby's sex is determined at conception. Since an egg carries the X chromosome, it comes down to the sperm. If the sperm that fertilizes the egg has an X chromosome, the baby becomes a girl. If the sperm that fertilizes the egg has a Y chromosome, the baby becomes a boy. Everything from the point of conception is based on gender, from brain development to genitals. Therefore, it's not possible for a male to be born with a female brain. It is not possible for a female to be born with a male brain. Who we become is directly dependent on how our brain forms during childhood, based on stimuli. It doesn't change the fact that the sex we are born with is the sex we were meant to be. To argue otherwise goes against the natural order of things. Yes, we are a product of our environment and our brain development is as well, but despite the fact someone grows up identifying themselves more with the opposite sex or not, they're still the sex they were born to be and that will never change.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freth
A baby's sex is determined at conception. Since an egg carries the X chromosome, it comes down to the sperm.

Even the Olympics don't use chromosomes anymore.

Gender is not determined by chromosomes.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Morrad

This, in my opinion...is grandstanding.

I'd gladly cut off a private bit if this person could honestly prove that they REALLY felt that upset by this.

Welcome to the future. It is now.

Its not about a single person.

Its about discrimination of a minority group.

Its not discrimination. There have always been men's and ladies rooms. This is about special treatment for an extreme minority of the population. No different than gay marches or demanding someone break their religious views to bake a cake. It is the attitude and attacks such as this that cause bigotry. People end up disliking GROUP-B because they are a bunch of flaming asses that demand special treatment. And that is exactly what it is.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

A baby's sex is determined at conception. Since an egg carries the X chromosome, it comes down to the sperm.

But the Olympics also don't let men dressed as ladies compete against real ladies. There is a reason for that...just like there is a reason for bathrooms. Geeeez!

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

But the Olympics also don't let men dressed as ladies compete against real ladies. There is a reason for that...just like there is a reason for bathrooms. Geeeez!

Transgenders are allowed in the Olympics.

There are regulations, but they are allowed to compete.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
looks like the special snowflake syndrome is spreading to europe too. maybe someone can hold her hand while she is in the bathroom to make sure nobody hurts her/his? feelings.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder
looks like the special snowflake syndrome is spreading to europe too. maybe someone can hold her hand while she is in the bathroom to make sure nobody hurts her/his? feelings.

The only snowflakes I see are those who complain and try to stop the Equal Rights of others.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The only snowflakes I see are those who complain and try to stop the Equal Rights of others.

Equal rights don't exist if you're taking them away from one party and giving them to another. Safety and innocence of children are more important than Ru Paul's need for acceptance.

Speaking of acceptance... I've seen several people suggest having a third restroom for transgenders. They don't want a third restroom, they want to be in the restroom you use, to force you to accept their existence and acknowledge their sickness. What they don't get is they will never be accepted by force.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Equal rights don't exist if you're taking them away from one party and giving them to another.

Is someone taking bathroom rights away from you?

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

What a stupid waste of legal resources.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Says the person it doesn't affect.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

Says the person it doesn't affect.

This . . . "THING" . . . was offended by a word.

There are legal cases all over the world with 100% more merit than one dick offended by a word.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Is someone taking bathroom rights away from you?

Didn't I just explain that in my previous post? Many local, state and federal laws exist to provide safety and security and protect adults and children alike. It is reasonable to expect those laws to be followed by law abiding citizens, to protect society and keep it safe. Such laws, by design, create reasonably expected rights. The right to walk down the street and not be assaulted. The right to privacy in a restroom. The right to raise kids in a wholesome environment and protect their innocence. And so, deviant behavior not only puts law abiding citizens at risk but in effect is taking away the rights of others. But then you knew that already.

posted on May, 26 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

And so, deviant behavior not only puts law abiding citizens at risk but in effect is taking away the rights of others. But then you knew that already.

A Transgender is a person.

Not a behavior.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I now 100% believe Annee to be a troll.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join