It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Ridiculous! She and others want the rest of us to share their gender confusion it's that simple.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You are full of crap
The had 3 toilets
How many more will they have to have?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Representative republic with democratic elements since you're getting all constitution about it. And no there's nothing in the constitution that says we have to get rid of normal gender terms to suit someone's personal confusion about their own gender.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: samerulesapply

originally posted by: nullafides

And here I was...thirsty.

Apparently you already drank all the kool-aid.

At 70 years old, experiencing life in many ways - - - I do not succumb to Kool-aid.

What I do understand is Equal Treatment.

Was just baiting you to know exactly where you stand.

Sorry, Annee...but you appear to have an extremely warped and skewed idea of equality...seems your idea of equality is to allow selected members of society to over-rule the majority.

Read the Constitution.

The Constitution is for the USA genius
This case is in Europe
DERP

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I intend to sue because of the icon placards.

I self-identify as a Scotsman. The symbol the dominant culture uses for "female" is a denigration of my group by pants-wearing peoples.

I am offended.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I bet they were just jealous of her swag.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freth
A baby's sex is determined at conception. Since an egg carries the X chromosome, it comes down to the sperm.

Even the Olympics don't use chromosomes anymore.

Gender is not determined by chromosomes.

yeah crap on science now too

Oh and the Olympics are the bastion of geniuses........ They can't even catch blood dopers

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The only snowflakes I see are those who complain and try to stop the Equal Rights of others.

Equal rights don't exist if you're taking them away from one party and giving them to another.

Is someone taking bathroom rights away from you?

YES! They absolutely are! We have the right when using the bathroom to be assured that a member of the opposite sex is not in the same room. Women are free to deal with their personal matters without a male of the species in the room and men can...well...be men.

When a male of the species can be in the Women's room or a female of the species can use the Men's room...which is NOT what was intended, our rights have been changed and we have lost that specific privacy.

That is the WHOLE point!

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
In fact...I'll go one further. What if there were four restrooms...males, females, trans who identify as male and trans who identify as female. And lets say it has been that way for a hundred years. Then...some idiot, pain in the ass, wanna-be king REPUBLICAN decided that anyone is now allowed to use the trans bathrooms? You would be pitching a fit. Well...we are.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

i too am " offended " my the sinage on condor ferries toilet doors

" gentlemen "

WTF ?????????????????????

i may be male - but i am not " gentle "

and am insulted that i am labeled thus

oh - and anyone suggesting i use the diabled toilet - will need it themselves when i finish with them

where do i complain ?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: In4ormant

Yeah right... so now signs will be changed everywhere now??

I think they should have a trans toilet and a gay toilet actually.

No. That's not the outcome.

I think it should be the outcome actually. I'm straight heterosexual and don't wish to be in a toilet with 'gays' 'transexuals' or 'transvestites' or any other odd looking people.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes

a reply to: In4ormant

Yeah right... so now signs will be changed everywhere now??

I think they should have a trans toilet and a gay toilet actually.

No. That's not the outcome.

I think it should be the outcome actually. I'm straight heterosexual and don't wish to be in a toilet with 'gays' 'transexuals' or 'transvestites' or any other odd looking people.

Then trust me...never, Never, NEVER enter a Walmart

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: nullafides

And here I was...thirsty.

Apparently you already drank all the kool-aid.

At 70 years old, experiencing life in many ways - - - I do not succumb to Kool-aid.

What I do understand is Equal Treatment.

Was just baiting you to know exactly where you stand.

Sorry, Annee...but you appear to have an extremely warped and skewed idea of equality...seems your idea of equality is to allow selected members of society to over-rule the majority.

Read the Constitution.

The Constitution is for the USA genius
This case is in Europe
DERP

Intentional choice to ignore/skip my second post.

---------------------------------------------

I can only speak of the American government.

The American Government is not a Democracy. It is a Democratic Republic - - majority does not rule.

A minority is equal to the majority - - when it comes to Rights.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

The only snowflakes I see are those who complain and try to stop the Equal Rights of others.

Equal rights don't exist if you're taking them away from one party and giving them to another.

YES! They absolutely are! We have the right when using the bathroom to be assured that a member of the opposite sex is not in the same room. Women are free to deal with their personal matters without a male of the species in the room and men can...well...be men.!

I am a woman. What personal matters that can't be attended to inside a stall?

Public toilet's are not private sanctuaries. If that's what you want, stay home.

Human waste is a health hazard. Everyone needs to eliminate that waste in a toilet that connects to a sewer.

If you gender identify as a woman, you go to the women's toilet. If you gender identify as a man, you go to the man's toilet.

Life goes on.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Representative republic with democratic elements since you're getting all constitution about it. And no there's nothing in the constitution that says we have to get rid of normal gender terms to suit someone's personal confusion about their own gender.

Same Constitution that guaranteed Marriage Equality.

Which I believe you are also against.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

YES! They absolutely are! We have the right when using the bathroom to be assured that a member of the opposite sex is not in the same room. Women are free to deal with their personal matters without a male of the species in the room and men can...well...be men.

When a male of the species can be in the Women's room or a female of the species can use the Men's room...which is NOT what was intended, our rights have been changed and we have lost that specific privacy.

That is the WHOLE point!

Where is the Bathroom Right established?

I don't recall that in the Constitution, either.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Other people's genitalia are not your business, nor mine when using public facilities.

That is a fundamental expression of the "right" to privacy.

Not to mention safety.

Not to mention, equal treatment before the laws.

Like it or not, Trans* women are women, medically and legally.

Same for Trans* men.

You can have any opinion, belief, prejudice or "traditional view" you wish, but that is the fact.

So the argument is moot.

Let's make every one of these facilities as safe and as private for all as we can.

And stop this silly need to peek at people's privates.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I now 100% believe Annee to be a troll.

Oh, look!

Someone who has nothing of value to say.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
One thing the article doesn't explain is when she called the ferry company, which is odd to begin with, what answer did she hope to receive when informing them she was a trans male ? If she had been told to use the "Ladies" room would that have been adequate ? If the Disabled bathroom had been called something else....maybe Unisex or Family bathroom, would that have been adequate ? Why are masculine and feminine symbols less offensive then nouns ?

I would have never known she wasn't a biological female looking at her picture, so if her desire is to live as the opposite sex in peace, why would she bring it up at all and not just use the woman's bathroom? The best conclusion I can come up with is that this frivolous complaint was more about her pushing an agenda to be recognized and acknowledged as something other then a female...which muddles the whole thing and leads to mistrust of her motivations.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

She's probably a cia psyop, as all these stories probably are in order to Induce the Masses into accepting what doesn't come naturally to the Majority of us.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join