It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If I used a Disabled Toilet, only to get told off, would I be able to sue the person who told me off for discrimination, based on my feelings? Because I may not be physically disabled, but I feel like I am. I have two working legs but why should that mean I can't claim my rights to a wheelchair, even if that means someone else has to go without?

I'm not trying to offend anyone (shame that even has to be said, but you can't be too careful on here these days..) I'm just wondering where we are going to draw the line on this?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Once again you're wasting your time trying to explain things to people who don't want to understand. Also, the original article states that she was forced to use the disabled restroom and that she argued for the change from words to symbols, but the second article says she was forced to use the disabled restroom then her and the company worked together to implement changes they felt would prevent any form of discrimination. Huge difference. Just looking at the posts here it's obvious how much the media controls peoples minds.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Resostone

You already know where the line is drawn. The sooner you accept that transgender people exist in our society the sooner you can move on from caring about these issues. Honestly, in your daily life does any of this matter or are we all this bored? It's probably the most minor issue of all time that has been blown way out of proportion. It's an interesting debate, but we exercise common sense in our daily lives which kills the purpose of the debate. You know how to behave. Just take your piss in that silly contraption and get on with your day. Let others do the same.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this. As someone else said, there seems to be something missing from the story. The headline and parts of the story make it sound like this person was upset by the words ladies and gents, which I agree, would be ridiculous because if you identify as a lady or gent, well there you go! If on the other hand, the case is really about being told to use the disabled washrooms, i.e. doesn't matter what sex etc., I'd say the solution to all the bathroom idiocy is right in front of us: use unisex bathrooms everywhere, like who cares anyway? We have one in a community centre here in Toronto and it's fine! For those who are so worried about someone of the opposite sex seeing them in a bathroom: they have private stalls, remember? And if anyone, man or woman is peering through the cracks or trying to see anything they shouldn't see, that is wrong, in any situation, and has never really been prevented by sequestered sex bathrooms in the first place.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: samerulesapply

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: samerulesapply

Gawd, could you imagine if the President woke up one day and said, I think i'll be Olivia today, and Tomorrow perhaps i'll be a Cat?

The irony is that an actual cat would probably be a better president than the current one.

You're absolutely right

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The courts need to be boycotted and I want to see those judges in jail for harming and endangering women and girls and stripping them of their safety and dignity.

MAKE A THIRD CAN, BUT NO MALE IS GOING IN OURS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

AND I WOULD RATHER THEY WHO PLANNED SUCH THINGS DROP DEAD THAN ENDANGER ONE CHILD OR STRIP ONE WOMAN OF HER DIGNITY IN SHARING HER PRIVATE SPACE WITH A DANGEROUS MALE.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The courts need to be boycotted and I want to see those judges in jail for harming and endangering women and girls and stripping them of their safety and dignity.

MAKE A THIRD CAN, BUT NO MALE IS GOING IN OURS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

AND I WOULD RATHER THEY WHO PLANNED SUCH THINGS DROP DEAD THAN ENDANGER ONE CHILD OR STRIP ONE WOMAN OF HER DIGNITY IN SHARING HER PRIVATE SPACE WITH A DANGEROUS MALE.

No one is talking about "dangerous males" ... and statistics, particularly in the US, have proven, conclusively, that "permitting" Trans* Americans to use the facility appropriate to their gender has caused ZERO increase in violence.

You're merely spreading the right-wing garbage agenda on this matter, whether intentionally or unconsciously.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Or how about protecting our children from dangerous females..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I'm a Woman and i've never encountered a Dangerous Female in a rest room, what's your point anyways?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

And i am a guy and in ever encountered a dangerous man in a restroom either.
You never noticed how only men are mentioned in these instances?

www.theguardian.com...

Child sex abuse by women is significantly more widespread than previously realized

That is because the idea is constantly propagated that it is always men.
Always talking about and on the look out for that dangerous man. In the meantime the woman standing next to you and your children could just as well be the one you should be looking out for. My point is, Automatically excluding woman by constantly talking like that is just as dangerous if not more so because no attention is being paid to it.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoMon, 30 May 2016 00:13:46 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join