It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender woman wins landmark discrimination case forcing ferry firm to remove the words 'ladies

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Domo1
So wait. She identifies as a woman, and is pissed off when there is a sign for the women's restroom?

Apparently, she asked if she could use the ladies room and was told NO.

Why even ask, unless you want to make a fuss?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ok i thank you very much for your apology that you did in fact make so very publicly, i appreciate that i do...but ... You see the thing is i would normally not in my live have demanded such a thing from you or anyone else for that matter. What i mean is sure, if in a text based discussion and a person in that who disagrees with me
corrects my spelling i could maybe think to myself "awh that's a bit of a low blow now isn't it" but even that would be with a bit of a smile. It simply is not that big of a deal. Now i "demanded" a apology because of my dyslexia and you responded honorably i will say again. But even if i had not and here it comes "the privilege" of being able to make such a claim i can stress that anyone could have done that and should have had to have gotten a apology for it. Now where is the end to that and what use is it really to spend so much effort, time and energy on something as petty as this ? Because if you would read back this thread and read back all your own post i think you will find a myriad of comments and words you made and used which would according to the SJW guidelines require a apology and that is still excluding all the reasons you yourself are unable to see any offense in but another would/could.

I mean look at you, apologizing, for what exactly ? Really, for what? Something so incredibly small and petty. I actually felt bad doing it but i see SJW's everywhere everyday making these elephants out of what can at best be compared to as Microbes.

The point i want to get out there really is that all this SJW'ing has turned into something so ugly and so useless we apparently cant even take the slightest jab or comment from one another any more without having a mental breakdown and in fact the only thing i see it do is create more hate and animosity and intolerance towards one another about anything while at the same time shouting from the top of SJW central that it is all in the name of acceptance and tolerance and love and so aberrantly any rejection and intolerance and hate and anger is justified in its name.... !>?!??!

There truly is something wrong about all this SJW behavior and it is going way to far ,there is no end to it and i took this opportunity to make that point.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

So wait. She identifies as a woman, and is pissed off when there is a sign for the women's restroom?

Ironically, perhaps because she didn't want to offend anyone?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: everyone

I took a different understanding away from the article than you did, apparently. No, in fact, the change in policy for the signs was a direct effect of the ferry company trying to properly redress the woman's very valid grievance.

She didn't demand the change. I submit that there was a wider meaning to the change in signs than you're detecting. It seems to me that this ferry company wanted to make a bit of a statement about compliance with these new laws in Jersey.

Relabel the third bathroom ... the one designed for folks with disabilities? How do you think it should be relabeled?

Yes you are right. I misinterpreted those details and i was wrong in thinking this was the demand. I however still disagree on that decision as a whole as i stand by my original point that that solution was not very helpful and even conflicting to transsexuals in general.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

To prevent one.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I had no idea you were using your dyslexia and my mistake to make a political point.

I apologized to you because I made a mistake which you implied caused you pain, discomfort, anxiety, outrage, something along those lines.

I took you at your word, apparently foolishly. That I'll cop to. Should know better.

I am really, truly disappointed that you apparently took advantage of my decency only to make a hackneyed comment about "SWJs"

This thread is not about these imaginary people, this inimical force you refer to vaguely.

This matter is about real people facing real issues which you seem to care little about. Thanks for the conversation.

edit on 27-5-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

To make things clear i did not really use my dyslexia in the first place to make the point as i explained in my previous post, second,yes i did but first and foremost i used my right to be offended. And i shown you i did not even should have had to use my dyslexia.

It is also a bit disappointing that you respond to the point i made with it. I honestly expected a bit more understanding for it and about it and to ad to that the minority group in the topic is also most often part of the SJW type and certainly not to mention all the SJW buzzing about topics as trans genderism and using it to propagate SJW ideas. Very on-topic in todays context i would say. Shame you mistook my effort to show how and why things today are getting so out of hand and blown out of proportion.

Slight Edit: My offense to your comment correcting my spelling was not fake. I also laid that out in that post. But as i said. I usually do not act on it because any normal mentally healthy adult human being should be mentaly stable enough to be able to deal with that with the greatest ease instead of pretending it is a big problem.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 27 May 2016 20:14:42 -05001620165America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
So is this the true story we have all been fusing about. Maybe the story was incorrect from the beginning.

Again was that the OP's original story writer's agenda?

TransJersey

How do you figure this is the "true story"?

It's two stories about the same person.

#waaaaat?

EDIT: Were you trying to link this story? Tribunal ruling: Condor v Bisson

This was a recommendation from a group that supports alternate gender identities ... and I think gave some decent advice.

So, bearing this last point in mind, do we need to replace the signs “ladies and gents” on toilet doors with stick figures? No. You are not going to be taken to the tribunal for discrimination if your toilet signs still use words. However, you could be taken to tribunal if you or your employees do not treat a trans woman the same as you treat a woman. Most transgender people do not want special treatment, they want equal treatment that affords them the same rights and privileges as non-trans people of the same gender as their recognised gender.

Emphasis mine, which to me, says it all.

What was important about the article is that this is apparently a mission for this trans person, and I'm changing calling her a "woman" any longer because by her own admission she wants to be acknowledged as Mx not Mr or MS, because Mx is proud of being a transgender, which Is fine I guess....but then please don't try and convince others that your true "soul" is a woman, it's obviously not in this case.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

So is this the true story we have all been fusing about. Maybe the story was incorrect from the beginning.

TransJersey

#waaaaat?

This was a recommendation from a group that supports alternate gender identities ... and I think gave some decent advice.

So, bearing this last point in mind, do we need to replace the signs “ladies and gents” on toilet doors with stick figures? No. You are not going to be taken to the tribunal for discrimination if your toilet signs still use words. However, you could be taken to tribunal if you or your employees do not treat a trans woman the same as you treat a woman. Most transgender people do not want special treatment, they want equal treatment that affords them the same rights and privileges as non-trans people of the same gender as their recognised gender.

What was important about the article is that this is apparently a mission for this trans person, and I'm changing calling her a "woman" any longer because by her own admission she wants to be acknowledged as Mx not Mr or MS, because Mx is proud of being a transgender, which Is fine I guess....but then please don't try and convince others that your true "soul" is a woman, it's obviously not in this case.

You're now defining what's OK and not OK for a transgender woman?

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

If a trans gender identifies as a woman then their should be no complaining from anyone including the "Woman" in question that he/she/it is referred to as a woman. You identify as a woman? Ok fine but then BE one.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone
a reply to: Annee

If a trans gender identifies as a woman then their should be no complaining from anyone including the "Woman" in question that he/she/it is referred to as a woman. You identify as a woman? Ok fine but then BE one.

Are you a transgender woman?

I don't tell any woman what she has a right to think or do.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

But why do that when you can change it up daily, depending on your mood? Don't set it in stone, keep it dynamic!!!

And with that, I'm checking out of this entire trans argument. The same people shouting the same bull#. I'll say it one last time. If you've chosen a side, you've already lost. Good luck critical thinkers. The insane ones will keep shouting the same thing until you conform.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

TransJersey

#waaaaat?

Anne she DOESN"T want to be acknowledged as a woman, Mx wants to be acknowledged as a transgender person....I'm not defining anything for Mx, however Mx seems to want to re-divine what a "Lady" is for the majority of women....thanks to Mx and company we all be reduced to symbols that seek to dilute the fact that Men and Women are biologically different. The more I discuss this the less sympathetic I become to sharing bathrooms with pre-surgery trans males....and to all the trans women out there that just want to go about your business and peacefully live the life of your chosen gender, I'm truly sad that you have this "rogue" group of mentally unstable people creating so much drama for you all.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

TransJersey

#waaaaat?

Anne she DOESN"T want to be acknowledged as a woman, Mx wants to be acknowledged as a transgender person....I'm not defining anything for Mx, however Mx seems to want to re-divine what a "Lady" is for the majority of women....thanks to Mx and company we all be reduced to symbols that seek to dilute the fact that Men and Women are biologically different. The more I discuss this the less sympathetic I become to sharing bathrooms with pre-surgery trans males....and to all the trans women out there that just want to go about your business and peacefully live the life of your chosen gender, I'm truly sad that you have this "rogue" group of mentally unstable people creating so much drama for you all.

I'm sorry you have a problem with it. I am a woman, and I have no problem with it.

Gender neutral pronouns have been around for a long time, nothing new about them. I have no problem with that either.

Surgery is not a requirement for transgender.

"Chosen" Gender? They do not choose their gender. I think we're getting a clearer picture.
edit on 27-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"I'm sorry you have a problem with it. I am a woman, and I have no problem with it.

Gender neutral pronouns have been around for a long time, nothing new about them. I have no problem with that either.

Surgery is not a requirement for transgender.

"Chosen" Gender? They do not choose their gender. I think we're getting a clearer picture."

Gender neutral pronouns were developed to open once male dominated professions to women, !/2 of the population....not to create a new "Gender".....and No surgery is not a requirement to be transgender, but prior to surgery that person is still biologically a male or female.....what Mx wants, I believe, is to create a hybrid Gender and I guess that is in fact what they are.

Not all transgenders KNOW as children they are meant to be the opposite sex and the more I'm learning about this whole subject the more I think that enough people are becoming "trans" .....so yes "choosing" for a variety of reasons to become "trans"....and there is a side to that whole thing that gets very dark.
edit on 27-5-2016 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Gender neutral pronouns were developed to open once male dominated professions to women, . . .

No, they weren't.

They have nothing to do with that.

posted on May, 27 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Gender neutral pronouns were developed to open once male dominated professions to women, !/2 of the population....not to create a new "Gender".....and No surgery is not a requirement to be transgender, but prior to surgery that person is still biologically a male or female.....what Mx wants, I believe, is to create a hybrid Gender and I guess that is in fact what they are.

Not all transgenders KNOW as children they are meant to be the opposite sex and the more I'm learning about this whole subject the more I think that enough people are becoming "trans" .....so yes "choosing" for a variety of reasons to become "trans"....and there is a side to that whole thing that gets very dark.

You're going way off on some trip I have no intentions of going on.

I suggest more legitimate research.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   

... No surgery is not a requirement to be transgender, but prior to surgery that person is still biologically a male or female.....

Even after "surgery", a transgender person will still be "biologically" a male or female if you consider chromosomes and other invisible irrelevant things. "Anatomically" would have been more appropriate and accurate for your sentence. Psychologically and emotionally a transitioned person is still the same person without or after surgery although corrective surgery for those that need it can be life a changing relief which can be said for many medical procedures. Don't make the mistake of reducing people's lives and who they are to what is or isn't between their legs.

what Mx wants, I believe, is to create a hybrid Gender and I guess that is in fact what they are.

What's bugging you is the lack of the binary, black and white man/woman paradigm. Some people are in the middle, some people identify with being transgender, bi-gendered, agendered and on and on and want to be recognized as such. So what? If someone feels themselves to be a "hybrid gender" or lives with some anatomical incongruities what difference does that make to you beyond some unfounded fear about bathrooms that has been planted into your mind? I find it kind of telling that the fear and panic in the media of Islamic terrorism between our shores has been replaced with hysteria over where people pee. (Unless you believe Mr. Trump and we're all infidels destined for death by a martyr) Regardless, fear is the name of the game and a strong rally cry and you are being played. Rise above. Think critically.

Not all transgenders KNOW as children they are meant to be the opposite sex and the more I'm learning about this whole subject the more I think that enough people are becoming "trans" .....so yes "choosing" for a variety of reasons to become "trans"

People do not choose to be trans. For some, the decision to transition can be a choice that is made but people don't transition and become trans, they transition because they are trans and in many cases, this is something a person has resisted and internally fought against for a long time and it never goes away and can become more crippling over time to deny. There is no one way or right way to be trans just as there's no one way or right to be a cis man or woman. Yes, transgender children and adults are different but that doesn't infer superiority or legitimacy of one over the other. It isn't a competition and you aren't a judge.

There is more information now than ever than about being trans. People are learning about it more and recognizing it in themselves more and now at least there is some public acknowledgement that transgender people exist in the world and always have and they are not alone. I won't say there still aren't hugely stigmatizing prejudices against transgender people, all this bathroom panic is evidence of that but being transgender is not the big deal it once was and the perception is that more people are becoming visible and are dealing with it nowadays rather than let it drive them to depression, addiction or suicide as has been the usual outcome in the past.

If you cared about people, ALL people, you would see the emergence of transgender populations more into the mainstream consciousness, which is for many an opportunity to live happier and more productive lives, as a good thing and the advancement of society, humanity and compassion. Humans are diverse creatures. Always have been, always will be and as we move into more enlightened times, diversity and individuality in the human condition is to be appreciated, not legislated out of existence or be considered some child eating predatory monster perversion just because these people are different or make you uncomfortable. Everyone is so concerned that evil NWO forces or some such crap are programming folks to be sheep or drones but yet when someone does go against the grain or not fit the mold, they're demonized as freaks. Rather than being shunned for their individuality or non-conformity, these are the people that should be listened to because they're not your average clone and you might just learn something.

....and there is a side to that whole thing that gets very dark.

Drinking the autogynephillia Kool-Aid and finding a "dark side" because you've found a boogie man that fits into your narrative is painting with too broad of a brush. This elephant in the bathroom business is scare mongering at its finest and has been quite successful in drawing this "dark side" image in your mind. It's too bad because I thought you were smarter than that or had a better understanding. You do realize that none of these "dark side" identifications focus outward or on other people? They are internalized things that makes them even less likely to pose a risk to someone else even if they do happen to be fetishistic cross-dressers or crossdreamers or some other non-binary or whatever identity. It's not about you regardless.

FWIW, I don't understand this whole thing with the ferry line either unless the English and American connotations for "ladies" differs? Ladies, as in ladies and gentlemen, doesn't indicate "sex" anyway, it indicates the gender of being a man or a woman (as opposed to male or female). I tend to agree this whole thing is nonsense but if someone wants to consider themselves something outside of the binary or a Mx. transgender, it's none of my business and makes no difference to me whatsoever. It shouldn't to anyone unless they're gripped by fear of the unknown or unfamiliar or are unable to see beyond their own ingrained dogma and prejudices.

...and to all the trans women out there that just want to go about your business and peacefully live the life of your chosen gender, I'm truly sad that you have this "rogue" group of mentally unstable people creating so much drama for you all

I have some of my own strong feelings about this I will keep to myself and know what you're saying but I wouldn't consider any group "rogue" nor would I consider them "mentally unstable". Just different is all from you and me and other binary folks out there. Does some of this frankly unreasonable stuff draw unwanted attention and throw confusion into the issues of transgender children, piss me off a little and make my job of educating about kids somewhat more difficult? Yes it does but it is not my place to deny anyone their autonomy or right to be whatever they want to be. Does some of it make my uncomfortable? Yes, some of it does but I don't expect everyone to be the same as me and if they aren't, it is no threat to me nor should it be to you or anyone else.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Freija because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Don't get these transgenders, you go to the toilet of the gender you have been operated on to transform you in to it...

Not bloody rocket science, no, you can't hang on to your former gender as a 'back up' in case you need a pee...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Don't get these transgenders, you go to the toilet of the gender you have been operated on to transform you in to it...

Not bloody rocket science, no, you can't hang on to your former gender as a 'back up' in case you need a pee...

You don't even make sense.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join