It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

Exactly! After all variety being the spice of life, why would we even require a cure? How do you cure different?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
OP, transitioning people in the womb would remove their special snowflake status. The progressives need special snowflakes. You're pissing in the wind here.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
OP, transitioning people in the womb would remove their special snowflake status. The progressives need special snowflakes. You're pissing in the wind here.

Who actually makes all the fuss, really?

Those opposing Equality are the ones who make all the fuss.

If they'd just let people live their lives and follow the Golden Rule - - - we wouldn't be hearing about every little thing the Right doesn't like.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The way some of these posters logic works, I'd say you're spot on.

It seems that some NEED to be a victim to society, take that away and all of a sudden they become an average citizen and we can't have that.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Read it just now, but even if this is the term being used for transexuals, I don't see your point.

Rather the opposite. If this 'condition' could be 'cured' at an early stage, it should show a significant drop in suicide attempts.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well, the OP wasn't about fussing or complaining about trans folks at all. So I don't understand where this defensive stance is even coming from.

You want equality? Because OP was discussing how we could help them transition en vitro so that they don't have to deal with the major hurdles that affect them daily.

If you argue against that then you are basically saying that you think trans like the idea of being in conflict with their body. You are advocating that they should have to deal with all of the emotional and physical set-backs of being born the wrong gender.

So, you are either for helping them live a normal life without gender strife or your not.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Whats the matter is it getting in your face as your trying to blow smoke up his ass?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Oh I am all for variety.
But I don't believe in unnecessary suffering.

Like I understand if a woman chooses to have a preventive removal of her breasts because she has a certain gene that makes it highly likely that she will one day have breastcancer.

We would need this kind of accuracy to determine a foetus to be of the transexual kind before we can even start thinking of counter measures. Be it either preventing or correcting.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Buddy life is pain, hence suffering is kind of part of the deal.

I dont pretend to understand transsexual peoples life choices any more than i do gay peoples life choices.

I do however refuse to judge what i dont understand simply because im not qualified to do so hence any conclusion i may or may not come to would be an opinion based on my own ideologies.

There are no counter measures to be had, PEOPLE are simply PEOPLE, shades of grey and all that jazz.

edit on 16-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's getting annoying.

This is the most poignant of the OP's statements in my opinion.

Please, dress up however you like, but just shut up already.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There are no counter measures to be had, PEOPLE are simply PEOPLE, shades of grey and all that jazz.

Absoutely!

Cutters, pedophiles, serial killers...we all need to be more accepting of diversity.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What you need to be accept is that everyone is a product of society even pedophiles, serial killers and other undesirables.

Thing is through pedophiles and serial killers hurt other people!

Who do transsexuals hurt???

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I think there is enough suffering without having to deal with being born in the wrong body.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Whats the matter is it getting in your face as your trying to blow smoke up his ass?

Just out of curiosity, are you gay?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yes biology is indeed a cruel master. LoL

Nature however is the real daddy!

Born in the wrong body. LoL

What about the rest of us poor sods that were born in the wrong universe?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

There are people who are allergic to sunlight.
Wouldn't it be great if we could find a way to correct this at the earliest stage possible?

And what would that have to do with you understanding the life choices this person makes?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Absoutely!

Cutters, pedophiles, serial killers...we all need to be more accepting of diversity.

That's where the real conversation is in my opinion.

We as humans carry inherent natural flaws. All of us. Some just affect society negatively. Should we, if we could, try to remove such genetic markers before they have their impact...

It's really more of an ethical and philosophical debate than anything, and one that won't be easily decided either.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Metallicus

Who do transsexuals hurt???

Themselves.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

"There are people who are allergic to sunlight."

Phone Buffy or place a stake through there heart? LoL

Your talking about correcting a biological error through genetic manipulation. Correcting what you perceive to be a psychological error of humanity is a whole other kettle of fish and a moral minefield if ever there was one.

As to understanding other peoples life choices, buddy i have enough problems attempting to understand my own.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

So what about people that get tattoos?

Same crap different body part i imagine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join