It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

How do I even begin to respond to this post.

How about we just leave them alone and continue on with our lives.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Yes...and as he identifies with one primary sex...male....he is trans as well.

I know he was considering SRS...but don't if he has yet...
edit on 16-5-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740

By the time we develop the technology to deliver the type of cure you're talking about (see the movie GATTACA), things will go well beyond curing transgenderism. We'll pretty much end up creating a new species based on human genes. And the most practical way of 'curing' genetic conditions will be to reject the genetic materials before insemination ensuring those with potential for developing such conditions are never born.

If we come up with the ability to change gender (not only cosmetically but functionally) after development, everyone will have far more options to choose from than just male or female (maybe demigods, angels, vampires etc...). I don't think there is a need to look for a cure such as the one you're talking about; it will simply arise from other technology and evolution will eliminate the need for a cure.

Interesting, you know that does make sense.

I was thinking of this sorta like how someone can be born with their heart outside of their body. If that could be detected in a fetus and changed so that the heart was inside the body, that would be better.

Same line of thinking, if it could be detected that later in life someone would change to other sex in order to feel normal or like they should be, change it before they are born to make it so they don't have to bother switching later?

Again. I am all for trans rights, straight rights, gay rights and equality for all.

A "cure" if it was found or available, you would have to ask all the trans people out there what they think and give them a vote on it, and ONLY THEM as they are the ones who have experience in that area.

What if 95% of people voted they wanted it? Would so many of you be against it?
Wouldn't that be discrimination then?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Your saying you are for equal rights and then turning around and calling it a mental illness that needs to be cured contradict each other.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It can only be considered a mental disorder if other people are harmed or inconvenienced apparently.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

If that's the case through then i imagine the whole toilet aspect could constitute and inconvenience.

End of the day people are just people.
edit on 16-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Exactly right, but that's the wrong side of the pc culture.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

a cure? as in maybe a church retreat/group to talk about insecurities and make them right again?

lol

No one is talking about a cure bc it is NOT an illness.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A cure of course... its call equality, preventing ignorance by education and ceasing bias because people have every right to express who they are in the pursuit of happiness and enjoy the public sector just as much as anyone else and feel safe and comfortable in their private sector lives as much as anyone else.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes we do seem to apparently require the pc stamp of approval on every aspect of our daily lives, especially so in this day of age.

Personally i cannot stomach the terminology as it seems to be a potential minefield no matter the context involved.

edit on 16-5-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Since you say you were born with a mental disorder, how would you vote for the elimination of anxiety disorders? The simplest way would be to weed out those genes before insemination (you would probably not have been born had your parents done this). If you were planning to have a child, would you yourself want to screen out any sperm of yours which carry genes that would give rise to a child prone to anxiety? If so, why stop there; why not just pick the sperm carrying the very best genes for health, intelligence, beauty etc...

If you could go beyond merely filtering sperm and eggs, and edit the genome to produce even better genes, would you do so?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Transgendered people didn't start asking for equal rights until the harmful effects of trans fat became a real issue. Now, if that's not an odd connection...

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: VP740

We will indeed edit the genome to produce the desirable results considering the fact that humanity does not invent tools that it does not utilize. Point is that morality aside its in our nature to tamper and tinker, that's a fact, and probobly why we are at the top of the food chain.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Op. you and Hitler would get along great. Both of you apparently love eugenics. Messing with a person before birth is Eeuenics. We dont need no GATTACA.

Stop trying to cure something that isnt actually a disease.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A "cure" for transsexual people sounds like a "final solution" or a dystopian "Gattica" like future.

Its a dangerous path to do go down when you start advocating to medically "correct" people who aren't a danger to anyone.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You beat me to it -- that's what I was alluding to ... eugenics.

The idea we can "fix" people who live lifestyles we don't agree with, eh?

How about racism? Maybe we can find some kind of medication, or remove a part of the brain to "cure" racism in people?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Eugenics seems to be coming back around through as are right wing political ideologies. Sad really that humanity refuses to learn from her past transgressions, nothing new all the same.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What's so bad about the GATTACA world? Is our own world really so much better?

I don't trust humanity at this point with genetic manipulation. Certainly it makes me feel apprehensive (look to the Nazis for examples of why). But is genetic manipulation inherently wrong? I wouldn't trust a toddler to drive a car, but that doesn't mean driving is evil and leads to dystopia.

Ultimately it really doesn't matter what you or I think, I see no way to stop it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
Everywhere you look these days you see trans this, trans that. It's getting annoying.

You do realize it is the opposition that is making all the fuss, right?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
As I said in another thread:

They're just people.

As long as they don't hurt anyone, I don't care what they do, because it doesn't personally affect (or bother) me.

So, OP, they aren't hurting you or affecting your life in a negative way (and if you feel that they *are*, then you need to really look at and ponder *yourself,* because it's not them, it's you (and everyone else getting their panties' in wads)).

But you say

I only say a cure because, well, what's better, paying a ton of cash and risking your life to feel normal, or just feeling normal from the start..?

I admit I dont' understand the trans thing, but I am for equal rights of all.

I got it now. You're only wanting to look out for and "help" them, or at least you want to *normalize* something you don't understand under the GUISE of helping them.

Got it. smh

Just let them be. They seem to be doing just fine until people get all in their business and think they don't deserve x or they should be doing y, like everyone else.

Le sigh.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join