It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone working on a cure for trans people?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: redshoes
a reply to: DumpMaster

Oh My god, I have never read a more uninformed and ignorant post that this on ATS. (And thats saying something on a site where there is a flat earth conspiracy thread.)

The medical professions have been working on gender dysphoria for about a hundred years. There are numerous possible treatments advocated by the DSVM.

You might as well ask 'is any one working on a cure for left handedness'.

Gender reassignment, either partial or full is not an elective or cosmetic procedure. There are numerous checks and balances that are in place to make sure that any treatment is appropriate to the individual concerned.

You think its a mental illness, on what basis do you come to that conclusion? Have you an advanced degree with specialization in human psychology? Or are you just knee jerking because of stuff you've read on the web or in newspapers?

How about a cure for transphobia? Maybe then you wouldn't have to worry about how other people, none of which you know or care about or have any effect on you and how you live your life live theirs?

Gender dysphoria is listed as a mental disorder by the very psychology agencies you say we should look up. I think YOU should do some research.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
oh dear - i suppose this was inevitable

your assumption that there needs to be a " cure " is disturbing - [ thats the only word i can think of that will get past the T&C ]

you have made ZERO logical . medical or scientific argument - this thread is simply a projection of your fantasies and insecurities

get over it

Well a point kind of has been made. I certainly don't hate trans folks at all and I understand exactly where all of this coming from. As I've mentioned previously; I have looked into this very issue. I can recall two(Reddit?) posts by trans people as well as fairly awkward conversation (sorry) with a former coworker explaining that yes it may be a mental illness. Currently the best solution for many is a sex change operation. From what I understand if one could be born as the desired gender they would much prefer that. If there were a pill or injection available that might be great. The fact is that many people go on to commit suicide after a sex change for various other, at times interrelated, mental health issues. As far as trans DNA testing and fetus modification... Very very slippery slope. No one has asked the unborn if that is how they feel.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: veracity

Why do so many still kill themselves after surgery if they're "cured"?

1. When they wait until after puberty's permanent effects, sometimes the transition doesn't go as well as they hoped.

2. Friends, families and co-workers (along with hateful conservative transphobes) can make their lives miserable even after they transition.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Simple question... would it be better to cure them before they are born or after, and please explain why?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I dont think we are remotely near being able to properly diagnose and alterchanges like this. Whos knows if it could be done at birth or as aj adult during surgery. Each procedure would probablynrequire breaththrough knowledge and technology.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I guess some people cant handle bringing into question sensitive subjects. Considering transgender a mental illness is not even a big deal.

Most of the world is mad. We are a crazy race.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

why you wanna blow some biased nonsense up my ass?

Heres the deal and maybe itll shed some huge spot light so people wont be so ignorant on the topic.

Theres really two basic polarities of thinking, there is the logical and this one gets called male or masculine... there is and has been a moral push forever that males repress the living hell out of their rational or emotional side... aka swallow your pride, suck it up, dont express them, bottle it up and be a man. Well that rational emotional side gets labeled as feminine... thats the emotional side, cover it bottle up unless of course youre a woman ten its bottle up the logic or masculine side, be submissive, be second class to our dominate repressed nature... see the issue?

The expression of both is a natural and nurturing state of being, the repression of one or the other is a programmed belief based structure of wat those beliefs ideally expect the role of man or woman to be, and not how it would naturally express itself.

Of course when one can learn to balance logic and ration, there can be what? Pure reason. If one dwells in only logic or taught such ten wheres any reason or sanity? Its repression of a side of oneself that naturally exists, the inverse or opposite is true of rational or emotional side repressing the logical side. Doing either or loses the view point or understanding of the other and become extremes of being and loses all reason or understanding to or towards the other because of that programmed bias of male and female roles. This why men dont seem to understand women and women dont seem to understand men.

Yes its that simple. Now of course some people putting these two gender roles together have an expression of one or the other as a sexual preference that can be termed gay... and identify with that expression as a self, some people of course want their body to match their mind and thus enters the transexual... please note note not all people that cross dress are gay or transexual they just like expressing their feminine side outwardly but are not gay.

I as per your question is really none of your business... as it is only the business as to whom a partner that expresses some sexual attraction as to whether there is consent or not of course of full legal age prefferably over 21 and attraction present.

People making other peoples sexuality their business when it is none of their business seems to be a sickness in society itself. I am a modest person that does not go out prowling or seeking numbers from random people that I may encounter. I look people in the eyes have conversations and if there is a connection with said person then nature takes its course with full intentions and honesty on the table with that person.

But if you must know I have reason if that is not already apparent, and thats what is called for in discussions, debate is usually about bias, I feel society should be equal beyond all personal bias or belief as the constitution states that encircles we the people meaning everyone regardless of belief, to have life, liberty, and the freedom to pursue happiness.

So basically a good ol fashioned all American, that all countries used to admire and respect... before it started beoming idealistic and something else tossing out the melting pot theory because groups vie for power to run and ruin it all with no indiviual responsibility to themselves, their neighbors, to their country, to other countries, or people in general... because of biased beliefs instead of the reality and frame work that was lay down to insure that equality and liberty was garunteed, regardless of race, gender, creed(belief) or national origin.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
How many Transgender people in the US? Does the numbers of Transgendered people warrant a massive disruption of schools, companies and sports with this policy from Washington?

I never met one in school.

The number of trans and trans experimental children WILL INCREASE when exposed to a false path of normalcy like this.

Little Johnny spends more time with his mother, since his dad is away working, he has developed a strong feminine personality, he wonders why he doesn't fit in....yada, yada.

Kinda makes me think that is the design here.

We could all be just a bunch of di $#less tax cattle.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Looked this up on WEB md. According to the people they talk to its not a mental illness.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

How many Transgender people in the US? Does the numbers of Transgendered people warrant a massive disruption of schools, companies and sports with this policy from Washington?

The number of trans and trans experimental children WILL INCREASE when exposed to a false path of normalcy like this.

Little Johnny spends more time with his mother, since his dad is away working, he has developed a strong feminine personality, he wonders why he doesn't fit in....yada, yada.

The ignorance is overwhelming.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Looked this up on WEB md. According to the people they talk to its not a mental illness.

It's still intentionally included with mental illness specifically for insurance purposes.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: yuppa

People can choose to live their life however they want. But there is a difference between helping to cure someone from a mental illness rather than enabling it.

The Transgender community has the highest suicide rates out of every demographic in the US, yet for some reason it is a lifestyle that is promoted by the media.

Suicide Attempts among Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Adults

One of the biggest studies on the experiences of transgender people was the 2011 National Transgender Discrimination Survey (NTDS). It found that in the U.S., 41 percent of transgender and gender non-conforming people had attempted suicide, compared to a national average of just 4.6 percent.

considering its not a illness. And plenty of normals attempt suicide. just most dont report it for shame. Also there were studies AFTER 2011 that contradict that report isnt there?

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It's still intentionally included with mental illness specifically for insurance purposes.

Ah so Its a Technicality and these phobes are using that as their argument these people are mentally retarded. got it.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah its called a brain transplant and other than that therapy doesnt work for anyone.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ah so Its a Technicality and these phobes are using that as their argument these people are mentally retarded. got it.

Yes. It was removed from mental illness, but because of the required needs of a medical team, psychology, specialized Doctor, etc -- it was intentionally included for insurance reasons.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So that's how you form your opinions huh?

Please tell me you're not of voting age yet.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

So that's how you form your opinions huh?

Please tell me you're not of voting age yet.

I voted for bush twice.
and voted for Obama too.

No. Annee has the correct answer. Its only listed under mental illness for insurance reasons,and not actually a mental illness.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Yes. It was removed from mental illness, but because of the required needs of a medical team, psychology, specialized Doctor, etc -- it was intentionally included for insurance reasons.

You realize that's fraud, right? I doubt your claims.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

You realize that's fraud, right? I doubt your claims.

You can doubt all you want, its fact.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

The ignorance is overwhelming.

The name calling behind a keyboard is for punks.

Just wtf is ignorant about not wanting to expose children to insanity?

There is not enough transvestite to justify teaching them all what it is at a young age.

You guys are on crack and wrecking the country with your craziness.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join