It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Says Liberals Need Their Own FOX NEWS WHILE ON MSNBC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: stosh64

I take it you didn't read the title of the thread.

Or the first source they shared.

Indeed.

That was the title of the article from progressivestoday.com.

Did you want him to change their title?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sure you can. You can just report the facts of the event.

"A 50 y/o man climbed to the top of Ol' Henry Tower on Main St. and shot 13 people of as they exited the movie theater. Police are on the scene. The man has been arrested. All 13 victims are in stable condition and have been transported to St. Mary's Bleeding Heart Medical Center for Treatment."

NO Bias there. Just facts. Well, if it wasn't completely made up they'd be facts anyway.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It's the headline of the linked source.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I thought that's what MSNBC was?

He should fill right at home on MSNBC
Microsoft News for Big(pocket) Communists . Amazing he would state that knowing what station he was being interviewed on.

link   
Introducing: PMSNBC

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

He never said liberal, he merely typed it.

Jeez.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So why not use the title of the second source?

I'm done with this anyways I've said what needed to be said.

Good evening.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Sure you can. You can just report the facts of the event.

"A 50 y/o man climbed to the top of Ol' Henry Tower on Main St. and shot 13 people of as they exited the movie theater. Police are on the scene. The man has been arrested. All 13 victims are in stable condition and have been transported to St. Mary's Bleeding Heart Medical Center for Treatment."

NO Bias there. Just facts. Well, if it wasn't completely made up they'd be facts anyway.

Thirteen victims are in stable condition tonight at St. Mary's Bleeding Heart Medical Center where they were transported for treatment after being shot as they exited a movie theatre. The shooter is a 50 y/o man who was taken into custody by police after he climbed to the top of Ol' Henry Tower on Main St. where he targeted his victims.

See?

Same facts, but mine places emphasis on the victims of the shooting by ranking them and their condition first.

Your version puts the shooter first making him most important.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That had me rolling! LOL.

Sounds like the disclaimer for every mainstream media source.

edit on 10-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: edit

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think he means smart good looking people.

edit on 5 10 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The networks don't go Left, they go corporate.

ultra Left then.

They need big oppressive bureaucratic government policies to bank on.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I don't see the difference.

There is no bias in either version of that story.

Other than your own maybe.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I hate to tell Ole Bernie this, but they already have their own Fox News. It's called the Mainstream Media. Like a deck of cards, big one Bernie.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I don't see the difference.

There is no bias in either version of that story.

Other than your own maybe.

The bias is in what each of us considers the most important element of the story. That's what we put first. Now, consider we are reporters. We would be allotted a "budget" either in inches or words for the story. You put what you think is the most important fact(s) first. Likely it would be an entire paragraph to itself. If the editor that day decides the mass shooting merits a push for a gun control theme, crime details and shooter info would likely be first. Victim info would be last.

You would want to pick words that would underscore the savagery and senselessness of the crime.

Understand, of course, that most readers will only read the first paragraph at most, so you want to make sure your most important point is made there. Not how many survive, but how many were shot which is why the victim stuff comes last.

So, yes, personal bias and how you rank facts in a story is very important even if only in very subtle ways.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
boo bernie

I hate propoganda in any form

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I like how he pretends that all of the major media are not in cahoots, just like he pretends that the two parties are not in cahoots.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

What about the Big3 (and free) broadcast TV and radio stations that lean heavily Left?

Can you name one Nationally-syndicated Leftist talk show host that makes millions of dollars like the Right Wing blow hards?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What about the Big3 (and free) broadcast TV and radio stations that lean heavily Left?

Can you name one Nationally-syndicated Leftist talk show host that makes millions of dollars like the Right Wing blow hards?

You first Professor.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I like how he pretends that all of the major media are not in cahoots, just like he pretends that the two parties are not in cahoots.

Real coy.

Fortunately enough people get that.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Ok. But aren't we talking about Bias in terms of Political Lean or Party or Ideology???

I don't mean bias as far as writing technique or what information should come first in a story.

I suppose you could try and use that in some way to effect someone's ideology but that would depend on the intent.

Which, I'm not saying that it's not possible to push some bias that way. I suppose it is in a round about way. But listing the facts in a different order without that intent doesn't mean it's still bias. They have to go in some order. If you choose chronological order then that would remove your ability to insert personal bias in to the story even if you wanted to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join