It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Says Liberals Need Their Own FOX NEWS WHILE ON MSNBC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Annee

Can you guess who the big money-makers are on Clear Channels stations? Can you also guess who owned many of the stations that syndicated Air America?

You can only get Left/Progressive radio online.

I followed the whole Clear Channel thing from the beginning. I know its owned by Right Wing Christians. I know smaller stations have to buy their airtime from the main towers (bought/owned by Clear Channel). They completely control the airways. NPR stations programming sex education, abortions rights, LGBT - - found their licenses not renewed.

Clear Channel has shown a tendency to drop liberal talk affiliations whenever possible and replace it with satellite Fox Sports talk (see, for instance, WCKY, WARF, K'___', WXKS , and WINZ); this has, in a few rare circumstances, caused protests, such as those involved when Clear Channel wanted to make the same move with WXXM in Madison, Wisconsin (WXXM was eventually allowed to keep its liberal format).

NOT a source I would normally use. It just stated it plainly. www.democraticunderground.com...

edit on 10-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Show me one Right leaning primetime TV show on the Big3.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Exactly. And it has been that Right-Wing over-saturation of the radio market that has pushed moderates and Leftists to take their voices to the internet on podcasts.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

NPR talk show hosts make around 300-400k a year.

It's nothing compared to the right, but I could literally work a year with that salary and live comfortably the rest of my life.

Sure could, but it does not reconcile the difference between the market share Right Wing radio has.

Show some valid stats.

Might be interesting.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Show me one Right leaning primetime TV show on the Big3.

I believe two of the stations tried to run Laura Ingraham shows on their networks, but she bailed and went to Fox. Just because those networks do not have a Right Wing nut with their own show, does not mean they have a liberal bias. It just means they are not extremists like Fox.
edit on 10-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Glad you couldn't find any.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

NPR talk show hosts make around 300-400k a year.

It's nothing compared to the right, but I could literally work a year with that salary and live comfortably the rest of my life.

Sure could, but it does not reconcile the difference between the market share Right Wing radio has.

Show some valid stats.

Might be interesting.

Conservative political commentators are not just the majority on talk radio--they monopolize it. It's easy to rattle off a list of celebrity conservative radio commentators: Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, G. Gordon Liddy, Neal Boortz, Mike Gallagher, Matt Drudge, Bob Dornan, Michael Reagan, Oliver North, Michael Medved, Bob Grant, Ken Hamblin, Pat Buchanan, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage--and the list goes on. However, it is virtually impossible to name progressive or Democratic talk show hosts with the listenership, celebrity, and entertainment value of any of the above-mentioned conservatives. Limbaugh alone is on 600 stations and has a listenership of about 20 million. O'Reilly is on 205, and is estimated to have as many as 15 million.* The spectrum of opinion on national political commercial talk radio shows ranges from extreme right wing to very extreme right wing--there is virtually nothing else, wrote Edward Monks in the Eugene, Oregon Register-Guard in 2002.**** Since then, a few progressives have managed to make it onto the airwaves, via Air America and a few other outlets. Occasionally, an Ed Schultz or a Randi Rhodes will make it onto the evening cable news talk shows. But their celebrity still pales next to the likes of Limbaugh, O'Reilly, et. al.

www.completecampaigns.com...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Glad you couldn't find any.

Again, still not indicative of a Liberal bias.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Exactly. And it has been that Right-Wing over-saturation of the radio market that has pushed moderates and Leftists to take their voices to the internet on podcasts.

The Right has a monopoly, at least of the radio airways, which is supposed to be illegal.

And was illegal before Michael Powell gave it to them.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The Right has a monopoly, at least of the radio airways, which is supposed to be illegal.

And was illegal before Michael Powell gave it to them.

Don't forget about Kevin Martin, the man that took his place.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

But that has no stats like how many listeners or viewers.

Very clever article though.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

But that has no stats like how many listeners or viewers.

Very clever article though.

But it contains statistics. That's what you asked for. You said nothing about listeners. I will not concern myself with viewer statistics because we are talking radio...and we can't measure how many people stare at the radio.

Can't move the goalposts afterwards.

As a side note, I was accused of doing the same earlier and I quickly apologized for not being clear in my original statement.

Do you wish to do the same?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That is a forum post and it is 4 years old.

NPR is alive and kicking...

www.google.com...=NPR+station

Radio, TV, and online.

I listen to it sometimes, I don't cry over the content.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Bernie thinks MSNBC is NOT liberal enough ? hahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhaha,,,man he needs to get some cable and throw away that antenna.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

That is a forum post and it is 4 years old.

NPR is alive and kicking...

www.google.com...=NPR+station

Radio, TV, and online.

I listen to it sometimes, I don't cry over the content.

NPR reports the news. It doesn't do opinion, except for certain guests and it's very topical.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Your point was they were "relegated" to the internet,
which is simply not true.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

But they cleverly biased just the same.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Your point was they were "relegated" to the internet,
which is simply not true.

I said moderates and Leftists have taken to the internet.

NPR is neither. They are a hard-facts, report-the-news as it is entity.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

But they cleverly biased just the same.

Similar to your definition of "statistics"?

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

And it has been that Right-Wing over-saturation of the radio market that has pushed moderates and Leftists to take their voices to the internet on podcasts.

I think you said leftist here.

And NPR is left leaning, if you have ever listened to it you would know.

Also, not just my opinion.

Snark and Bias Alert

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join