It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Says Liberals Need Their Own FOX NEWS WHILE ON MSNBC

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

NPR reports the news. It doesn't do opinion, except for certain guests and it's very topical.

Right. Clear Chanel was pulling air rights licenses where "topical" individual programs about sex, birth control, LGBT, abortion, etc were being shown on NPR channels. This was not in major market areas, as I remember.

It was a long time ago.

edit on 10-5-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

And it has been that Right-Wing over-saturation of the radio market that has pushed moderates and Leftists to take their voices to the internet on podcasts.

I think you said leftist here.

And NPR is left leaning, if you have ever listened to it you would know.

Also, not just my opinion.

Snark and Bias Alert

NPR does hard news. Very little opinion. I listen from time to time, usually on the drive to and from sports tournaments when the radio will not pick-up much else, and they focus on reporting the facts on issues, not projecting opinion.

Like I said earlier, anything other than extreme Right-Wing content is considered left-leaning.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Conservative political commentators are not just the majority on talk radio--they monopolize it. .....

www.completecampaigns.com...

This guy used two sources from 1998, and 2000, 16 years out of date.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Right. Clear Chanel was pulling air rights licenses where "topical" individual programs about sex, birth control, LGBT, abortion, etc were being shown on NPR channels. This was not in major market areas, as I remember.

But, if they own that channel, are you going to try and dictate to them
what they can and cant broadcast?

Listen to Howard Stern then....its a free radio wave.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Conservative political commentators are not just the majority on talk radio--they monopolize it. .....

Fair enough. Let's look at a time much more recent. The source will send you into a a "safe-space"-needing frenzy, but I ask you refute the claims, not the source.

Premiere Radio Networks, which syndicates righties Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, and Dr. Laura, among others, is owned by the nation’s largest radio-station conglomerate, Clear Channel. Clear Channel, thanks to FCC deregulation, was allowed to gobble up over 1000 radio stations — including 16 of the most powerful, (lower-case) clear-channel AM stations in major markets. Today, Clear Channel either owns or programs most of the nation’s 58 strongest, 50,000-watt AM radio stations, liberally stocking them with right-wing talk shows. Among them: Los Angeles’ KFI, New York’s WABC, Detroit’s WJR, Denver’s KOA, Portland’s KEX, and Chicago’s WLS. Yes, Clear Channel does own liberal Air America stations. But none of them is a 50,000-watt “blowtorch.” Instead, Clear Channel puts shows like Thom Hartmann’s on its smaller, 5,000-and 10,000-watt “sticks” (antennas).

Clear Channel is more than a corporate name. It’s also a radio descriptor: A clear-channel radio station is a powerful, 50,000-watt signal with interference-free nightly coverage 750 miles from its city. Clear Channel owns 17 of those coveted licenses, and its Premiere supplies much of the programming to many of the rest. There are only one or two 50,000-watt stations carrying Air America’s — or any — liberal shows. Wherever Clear Channel owns a big AM radio station and other smaller ones, it always puts Premiere’s Hannity, Rush, et al on its biggest signal. This puts liberal stations at a big disadvantage in virtually all large markets — where the real radio money is.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Read the entire piece and refute what you can. I'd be glad to converse on the issue.
edit on 10-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Because that's when it all began.

The Telecommunications Reform Act, amended the Communications Act of 1934.

Thank you Michael Powell and Clear Channel.

In 1996, Congress passed the Telecommunications Reform Act, which amended the Communications Act of 1934. The 1996 Telecom Act was a corrupt piece of work, being the product of the largest corporate lobbies all salivating at the prospect of rewriting the law to provide them a larger slice of the action. www.counterpunch.org...

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

But, if they own that channel, are you going to try and dictate to them
what they can and cant broadcast?

Listen to Howard Stern then....its a free radio wave.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think anyone is going to say we should dictate what people should broadcast, but we should not deny the fact that while many people complain about a Left-Wing media bias, the biggest cable TV news channel is Right-Wing and the Right-Wing dominates talk radio.

The Right-Wing is way ahead of the game in those areas.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'm looking at it, Huff Po. I read everything.
Dear Lord, is everyone that delicate?

Read and listen to what you want, make up your own
mind. And for heavens sake, these stations are not
full of mind control. If people cant listen to a
broadcast, or watch T.V without making up
their own mind, you cant blame that on the broadcasts.

Blame the mindless people.

I

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

So then you would agree that a Liberal bias in the media is absolutely false, and that we just need to change the station if we don't like it?

Also, considering the popularity of Right-Wing media, can we assume that Right-Wingers get their information from very biased and sterilized sources that do not offer the balanced perspective they claim?

If they did...they would be like NPR.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As always, I just advocate reading absolutely everything - even the things with slants you disagree with with - soak it all up. Be a sponge. Be meticulous. Then cross reference, fact check, and come to your own conclusions. Or, in cases where rigorous conclusions cannot be reached, suspend judgment.

Caveat: no one is free of bias, myself included.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

So then you would agree that a Liberal bias in the media is absolutely false, and that we just need to change the station if we don't like it?

I think people have full control to change the channel.
Liberal bias in the media is strong, every medium.

TV, Internet, and Radio. Even music channels have left leaning
commentary. What is with the radio obsession?

Also, considering the popularity of Right-Wing media, can we assume that Right-Wingers get their information from very biased and sterilized sources that do not offer the balanced perspective they claim?

Thats just your opinion.
If radio hosts are popular, that just equates to folks liking them.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04
As always, I just advocate reading absolutely everything - even the things with slants you disagree with with - soak it all up. Be a sponge. Be meticulous. Then cross reference, fact check, and come to your own conclusions. Or, in cases where rigorous conclusions cannot be reached, suspend judgment.

Caveat: no one is free of bias, myself included.

Peace.

Yep. I call it the "cement mixer".

Throw it all in and roll it around.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I think people have full control to change the channel.

But the most popular is the Right-Wing talking heads. Apparently the Right can't seem to change the channel to get a proper, more informed mix.

Liberal bias in the media is strong, every medium.

But it's not popular. It appears it is not as strong as you claim.

TV, Internet, and Radio. Even music channels have left leaning commentary. What is with the radio obsession?

That's completely false. I've provided link that show the opposite.

Thats just your opinion. If radio hosts are popular, that just equates to folks liking them.

Confirmation bias is always popular. Why is Right-Wing radio and TV the industry leaders?
edit on 11-5-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

And it has been that Right-Wing over-saturation of the radio market that has pushed moderates and Leftists to take their voices to the internet on podcasts.

Snark and Bias Alert

NPR does hard news. Very little opinion. I listen from time to time, usually on the drive to and from sports tournaments when the radio will not pick-up much else, and they focus on reporting the facts on issues, not projecting opinion.

Like I said earlier, anything other than extreme Right-Wing content is considered left-leaning.

NPR ? Very little opinion ? Look up Juan Williams. Seems he wasnt as far left liberal as NPR Wanted
Sorry , please try again.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Snark and Bias Alert

NPR ? Very little opinion ? Look up Juan Williams. Seems he wasnt as far left liberal as NPR Wanted

Juan Williams was let-go from NPR after he made some stupid comments about Muslims.

So he went to Fox.

Try again?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Insanity, pure insanity. The media and all of it's forms are so massively far leftist that it has accomplished getting people to support Hillary Clinton. Think about it. Her husband was almost impeached for being a psycho rapist womanizer, and we actually see women and people from the LGBT community supporting her wholeheartedly. This is pure insanity. It's like the reign of the Clinton's has been totally forgotten.

Yes, we need everything to be leftist propaganda. It is making this world such a wonderful place to live in.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Snark and Bias Alert

Juan Williams was let-go from NPR after he made some stupid comments about Muslims.

So he went to Fox.

Try again?

Yeah . That was NPR's excuse. They had been after him for some time. Please read something other than NPR's own site .

Now with that said.....Awe I am not gonna finish it off just yet.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Does he also go to Chinatown and ask them where he can get some Chinese food ?

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You guys do know that radio is considered by most as a fossil form of media ... right? And that music stations far outnumber talk? Most people consider talk to be not cool ... right?

But please ... keep whining about radio as if it is some kind of huge and hugely influential monolith over popular culture and perception.
edit on 11-5-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Democrats already control about 95% of the media, so why not 100%?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join